Official Falador Tavern IRC Channel - #rp

Cowman_133

Hi there guys,

The official Falador Tavern IRC Channel is finally open for business: #rp. We can make #tavern our official channel if Hex is willing to give up the name for it. If not or if it doesn't matter we can simply remain #rp.

This channel is open for anyone who wants to use it while roleplaying or even to play a game directly on the server. Feel free to join with a few friends and use it for a chat.

Chat will be monitored by a few server admins and me, but unless necessary nobody will intervene. I am typically not online during the day, but I always keep logs and I can handle and serious problems come evening.

To join, click live chat at the top or click here. http://forum.tip.it/ircchat.php Then type in /join #rp to access the channel. If you are using a client to join, the server is irc.tip.it and the port is 6667. Come on out!

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I'm the owner of #tavern? PM me and we can try to work this out. I know I registered the channel in the past, but not sure if I'm still the 'owner'.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears there's no interest in using this channel, which is perfectly fine with me. I won't continue to idle in it. I know you have other games running on the server and if you prefer using those over one main channel, that works for me. :thumbup:

1.png
generic_signature.png

Kay Cowman, whatever works for you guys. :)

Hrm, we need more staff members to play Space. It's just too fun!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I don't like the idea of joining a chat with the possibility of being kicked. I also think that the the rules were the first thing seen was a bit intimidating.

I think its better to stick with #tavern.

[Falador tavern]

Mmm... You're right there, the wall o text is a pretty imposing obstacle. But, as long as you don't give good reason, the people on the sevrer will not ban you.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I don't like the idea of joining a chat with the possibility of being kicked. I also think that the the rules were the first thing seen was a bit intimidating.

It's not much different than posting on a forum with the possibility of your posts being removed if you break the rules, is it?

Just by following the same rules you observe when you post here, you'll skate by 99% of any chance of trouble.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's not much different than posting on a forum with the possibility of your posts being removed, is it?

Just by following the same rules you observe when you post here, you'll skate by 99% of any chance of trouble.

I was the one who requested a private forum.

IRC people aren't monitored by other admins, I was banned because someone didnt' like me.

[Falador tavern]

It's not much different than posting on a forum with the possibility of your posts being removed, is it?

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything, but private forums aren't above the rules either.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything, but private forums aren't above the rules either.

Private forums don't have the risk of having posts removed.

Are you interested in joining any of the games? I reccomend: http://forum.tip.it/topic/280719-hegeromey/

[Falador tavern]

Private forums don't have the risk of having posts removed.

I wonder, who told you that?

I've had a private forum and I find that removing my posts is not something I often do.

[Falador tavern]

Iconic, HUSH. For the love of god man, we have already heard your IRC and mod and admin and private forum gripes way too many times. Let it go.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I've had a private forum and I find that removing my posts is not something I often do.

On tip.it? Because I'm pretty sure if you got your wish of a private board and, say, tried to discuss explicit sex scenes, your posts would still be removed.

hzvjpwS.gif

On tip.it? Because I'm pretty sure if you got your wish of a private board and, say, tried to discuss explicit sex scenes, your posts would still be removed.

He's thinking like a board on a different site.

And honestly, I like the TIF rules. Keeps people from throwing out Cluster F-Bombs and random explicit stuff for no reason.

a70c7.png

Oh right. (Generic welcome to the tavern incomming.) Hallo Kimberly, Hope you have a nice stay for however long you want to be here in this land of magma related doomsday devices, gravity hammer sprees, Poisoning and giant ninja robots that is called the Tavern.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

He's thinking like a board on a different site.

And honestly, I like the TIF rules. Keeps people from throwing out Cluster F-Bombs and random explicit stuff for no reason.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought something about the back-and-forth was strange. I would think that would be a sure-fire way to make a community more insular and stagnated, but I can see why it's an appealing suggestion. My bad! I'll find my way to the door hah.

hzvjpwS.gif

IRC people aren't monitored by other admins, I was banned because someone didnt' like me.

I don't understand what you're saying. Official chats that are kept open by staff will never remove and restrict people for no good reason - the same way moderators on the forums do not remove users they don't like. That is not how it works. If anything, this is more of a problem with private channels where the rules are enforced by whoever owns the channel and thus consistency and fairness are not guaranteed.

I think you're not realizing that "official" chats are extremely laid back. If you've ever been in #runescape it is doubtful you've seen anyone get banned out of the room aside from the odd scammer/advertiser that shows up and if you have it hardly ever happens. Again, we don't mind if you guys want to run your own channels - I think it is great that you guys are doing that. I just don't want you to have the wrong impression of what an official chat is. Personally I see it as a good place to direct new comers that want to get involved in the Tavern, but it is only valuable as that kind of tool if regular attendees of the Tavern are present.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Who did, Mather?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For reference:

[hide]

03[19:35] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has joined #space8

03[19:35] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has left #space8

03[19:35] * Granzi ([email protected]) has joined #space8

[19:35] <Granzi> Hey, anyoen remember me?

[19:36] <Granzi> [bleep]

03[19:36] * Granzi is now known as Edelweiss

[19:36] <Edelweiss> lol.

[19:37] <Edelweiss> Don't you remember

[19:37] <Edelweiss> In hegemony

[19:38] <Edelweiss> Sorry if this is advertising but if anyone wishes to play Dungeoneering

[19:38] <Edelweiss> for twenty three minutes

[19:38] <Edelweiss> http://forum.tip.it/topic/275133-dungeoneering/page__st__360 I'm hosting it

[19:39] <Edelweiss> It has, create a bioform

[19:39] <Edelweiss> and be on your way.

[19:39] <Edelweiss> The body.

[19:40] <Edelweiss> Ah, ok

[19:41] <Edelweiss> The game looks AMAZING

[19:42] <Edelweiss> FSH is a hormone used to inhibit the production of oestregen.

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHAHAHAHAHa

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHA..... Its not that funny

[19:45] <Edelweiss> Neither is your joke about the chair.

[19:45] <Edelweiss> Theros, do you wish to join the Dungeoneering game, your a member already

[19:45] <Edelweiss> and you are a vampire at present

[19:46] <Edelweiss> who's floating a bit.

02[19:46] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Tip.It Java User)

03[19:57] * Unknown40390 ([email protected]) has joined #space8

[19:59] <Unknown40390> Is this still not on?

[19:59] <Unknown40390> If so does anybody want to have a quick go at retrying my old version of dungeoneering?

[19:59] <Unknown40390> If not I'll run with to.

[19:59] <Unknown40390> *two

[20:00] <Unknown40390> Yes but I'm asking anyway, captain obviousl.

[20:02] <Unknown40390> hAS THIS STARTED?

[20:02] <Unknown40390> Has this started?

[20:02] <Unknown40390> Theres so much off topic discussion I can't tell who's meant to be talking.

03[20:03] * Unknown40390 is now known as edelweiss

[20:04] <edelweiss> I need to register first

[20:04] <edelweiss> I'm away, I'll read it after

03[20:05] * edelweiss is now known as Edelweiss|AFK

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Just an idea, how about using /me commands when posting an act, that way it'll be coloured and easier

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> to see

06[20:13] * Edelweiss|AFK this is what happens when you use the /me command

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Cooms?

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Comms?

06[20:14] * Edelweiss|AFK communicates with ss kirby "yadda yadda yadda"

[20:15] <Edelweiss|AFK> poor system, me should be used for everything.

[20:16] <Edelweiss|AFK> I can never join, I've been watching and its to cofusing.

[20:17] <Edelweiss|AFK> At least try.

02[20:18] * Edelweiss|AFK ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Tip.It Java User)

03[20:30] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has joined #space8

03[20:31] * Edelweiss is now known as Unknown22399

[20:31] <Unknown22399> if this is what the tavern has amounted to I don't want to be a part of it. I came back for a couple of seconds and all I see is chaos, ununderstandable chaos.

[20:31] <Unknown22399> So, I'm actually quitting this time

[20:31] <Unknown22399> bye.

03[20:32] * notetaker sets mode: +b *!*@tipit-A3D4987A.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com

[/hide]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Logs/%23space8.Tip.It.log

Advertising, Spamming and Quiting should, in my humble opinion, qualify for a ban.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

For reference:

[hide]

03[19:35] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has joined #space8

03[19:35] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has left #space8

03[19:35] * Granzi ([email protected]) has joined #space8

[19:35] <Granzi> Hey, anyoen remember me?

[19:36] <Granzi> [bleep]

03[19:36] * Granzi is now known as Edelweiss

[19:36] <Edelweiss> lol.

[19:37] <Edelweiss> Don't you remember

[19:37] <Edelweiss> In hegemony

[19:38] <Edelweiss> Sorry if this is advertising but if anyone wishes to play Dungeoneering

[19:38] <Edelweiss> for twenty three minutes

[19:38] <Edelweiss> http://forum.tip.it/topic/275133-dungeoneering/page__st__360 I'm hosting it

[19:39] <Edelweiss> It has, create a bioform

[19:39] <Edelweiss> and be on your way.

[19:39] <Edelweiss> The body.

[19:40] <Edelweiss> Ah, ok

[19:41] <Edelweiss> The game looks AMAZING

[19:42] <Edelweiss> FSH is a hormone used to inhibit the production of oestregen.

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHAHAHAHAHa

[19:44] <Edelweiss> HAHAHA..... Its not that funny

[19:45] <Edelweiss> Neither is your joke about the chair.

[19:45] <Edelweiss> Theros, do you wish to join the Dungeoneering game, your a member already

[19:45] <Edelweiss> and you are a vampire at present

[19:46] <Edelweiss> who's floating a bit.

02[19:46] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Tip.It Java User)

03[19:57] * Unknown40390 ([email protected]) has joined #space8

[19:59] <Unknown40390> Is this still not on?

[19:59] <Unknown40390> If so does anybody want to have a quick go at retrying my old version of dungeoneering?

[19:59] <Unknown40390> If not I'll run with to.

[19:59] <Unknown40390> *two

[20:00] <Unknown40390> Yes but I'm asking anyway, captain obviousl.

[20:02] <Unknown40390> hAS THIS STARTED?

[20:02] <Unknown40390> Has this started?

[20:02] <Unknown40390> Theres so much off topic discussion I can't tell who's meant to be talking.

03[20:03] * Unknown40390 is now known as edelweiss

[20:04] <edelweiss> I need to register first

[20:04] <edelweiss> I'm away, I'll read it after

03[20:05] * edelweiss is now known as Edelweiss|AFK

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Just an idea, how about using /me commands when posting an act, that way it'll be coloured and easier

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> to see

06[20:13] * Edelweiss|AFK this is what happens when you use the /me command

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Cooms?

[20:13] <Edelweiss|AFK> Comms?

06[20:14] * Edelweiss|AFK communicates with ss kirby "yadda yadda yadda"

[20:15] <Edelweiss|AFK> poor system, me should be used for everything.

[20:16] <Edelweiss|AFK> I can never join, I've been watching and its to cofusing.

[20:17] <Edelweiss|AFK> At least try.

02[20:18] * Edelweiss|AFK ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Tip.It Java User)

03[20:30] * Edelweiss ([email protected]) has joined #space8

03[20:31] * Edelweiss is now known as Unknown22399

[20:31] <Unknown22399> if this is what the tavern has amounted to I don't want to be a part of it. I came back for a couple of seconds and all I see is chaos, ununderstandable chaos.

[20:31] <Unknown22399> So, I'm actually quitting this time

[20:31] <Unknown22399> bye.

03[20:32] * notetaker sets mode: +b *!*@tipit-A3D4987A.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com

[/hide]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Logs/%23space8.Tip.It.log

Advertising, Spamming and Quiting should, in my humble opinion, qualify for a ban.

Than ban me.... owait.

[Falador tavern]