HegeRomey

Icuownage

vDAaT.png

Okay that is the poorly constructed world map :P.

Yes it is using the province system, I liked that system.

COUNTRIES

[hide]

Rome(Purple) - Me

Gallia(Yellow) - Dusty

Germania(Light Blue) -

Hispania (Pink) -

Brittannia (Red) - Ross

Scotland (Dark Green) - Archimage

Ireland (Lighter Green) - Nexaduro

Raetia (Peach) -

Pannonia (Dark Yellow) -

Illyricum (Burgundy) -

Moesia (Dull Tourquoise) -

Dacia (Bright Tourquoise) -

Thrcia (Dark Blue) -

Macedonia (Horrible green) -

Achaeae - Greece ( Pale something) - Mather

Mauretania (Brown) -

Africa (Navy blue) -

Numidia (Blue) -

Cyrenaica (Orange) -

Egypt (Royal Purple) - Grim

[/hide]

Okay, here is the gameset

I, the moderator, am going to play as Rome. Rome as you know, conquered all of this region, and you have to try stop it happening again! Against your neighbours selling them out to Rome, or with them, forming alliances to push back the Roman legions!

Of course now, none of us really know the history to this, and none of us are going to willingly go and search it all up for the sake of playing this game, so it will be alt history, so the attacks are based on my judgement, so you wont just go and build a huge fort on X cause in 100AD I attacked there.

RULES

General Rules:

-Reset Every 5 days

-Battles done on IRC

-No effed up research

-You're free to discuss how rule should be done, suggestions are to be done by PM

Military:

[Hide]

To begin with, how you obtain troops.

To obtain a military, you must first begin training of the military, as elite troops do not appear out of thin air. Each troop is ranked in skill level.

Recruit - Half of the stats, and an increased chance to fail.

Regular - Normal troop, what it says on the tin.

Hardened - Increased stats (25%), only slightly. Recruits will act better if placed near a veteran.

Veteran - 50% increase in every stat, can lead troops, only obtainable if they have had a victory in a battle, increased chance of success.

Elite - 100% increase in every stat, can lead troops, only obtainable if trained for a large amount of years and have been in a battle or two, they generally work best near veterans or higher, as they have an elitist attitude.

Legendary - 200% increase in every stat, perfect leaders, only obtainable after a large amount of victories and training, they work well with all ranks, will never retreat.

You can only buy recruits, as people do not just magic combat experience, but if you put a good amount of money and training in them, they will quickly upgrade to regulars, ready for combat.

Soldiers also have an initial cost and upkeep, this is to prevent large armies that would otherwise steamroll everyone. The more professional an army, the higher the upkeep, and thus why a balance would be good.

Each soldier also has a type, Infantry heavy, light, Ranged, light, heavy, Cavalry, light, heavy. The difference between light and heavy will vary between the main type, but is generally obvious what it means.

[/hide]

Research:

[Hide]

There are two types of research

Original and Tree

Original is basically just a concept you have made up, and usually takes the form of a new troop or building, but I will not allow you guys to race ahead with your foreknowledge, so things like aqueducts will not just suddenly be developed by you guys.

Tree is the preset research that forms upgrades for your country, trade, military, and even your research

[/Hide]

Budget

[Hide]

Money, or your funds for your country should and will not be spent all on war and research. Trade, civilians and upgrades.

Civilian is generally the act of putting money to your population to appease them and make them happy ‘tis a good way to make sure they don’t revolt, especially in war time. It can sometimes make them work harder, this will increase trade and research, and upgrades.

Upgrades are basically, buildings in a way, not always in the form of a building though, it is generally something you build that make could help you in some way. Such as a war academy, or school, or roads.

[/hide]

Trade and Economy

[hide]

Trade is something that wont work unless you put money and time into it. It does not take long and the benefits are pretty useful.

Although sometimes it can turn into a mess.

Now with trade, it is generally trading between two different countries, but if you take a province that is far away, you can trade with them, and this does produce commerce. Although it is probably better to trade with multiple other people.

To begin with, you choose a type of trade, such as luxury, material, food and such. This forms the backbone and it is slightly important what you pick. Luxury is unstable but can yield a large benefit, material is more stable and produces less yield, and food is a mix.

Putting too much into the trade route will not help, putting too little will make it a slow expansion. Although I will probably tell you if you go out of line for the first few times. Trading with your neighbours is good, but you would want to try something they’re not trading, for maximum profit, but trading with faraway places is very expensive, but can grant you high profit, it is pretty simple after that.

Your economy basically comes down to money, and there are obvious ways to increase the amount of money you have. But be careful with it, and remember it does not buy you everything.

[/hide]

Expansion

[hide]

The last thing to really speak about is, expansion through conquest. This will work differently than it did in the other hegemonies. When you conquer a province, that province will not do much for a while, unless you rush it for cash, even when you rush it, it still takes a while for it to do anything. The time is generally related to the victory you earned when you conquered the province, as too much fighting causes destruction of the environment, and causes people to hate you, which means you’re going to have a worthless province with a bunch of haters, so basically, all I’m saying is, steamrolling is not a viable way to increase cash within a few years.

[/hide]

Defeat

[hide]

So you've been defeated. 'Tis not the end of the game for you. You can opt to become a NPC nation, if there are none left, or you do not prefer to start as a new nation, you may opt to become a single person, now you're going to become limited, and military is probably not going to be such a big thing anymore, but you can become a trade lord, or even try to rile up a revolt in another country to take over that one (bonuses if you pull it off)

[/hide]

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland!

And d'awww, no Icelandic legions of doom? :(

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Was thinking of it, but it never existed. (Well relatively speaking in this game)

There is no colonisation really, unless you want a cruel war with the natives, then spend the next few years making a small settlement.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Is there any difference between the countries?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Of course now, none of us really know the history to this, and none of us are going to willingly go and search it all up for the sake of playing this game, so it will be alt history,

*Crys*

I take Scotland, which I rename Celtia.

I begin by reordering Celtia's Economy:

We focus on producing (In Order) Grain, Barley, Cows, Timber, Sheep, Gold and in small scale coal mining. Other activities neccessary to the survival of the country are also enaged in.

We also begin construction of a Roman Style Road to Britannia. This road will form the backbone of our country, taking 10 years(2 resets) to complete, with multiple branch routes coming off of that road, to local towns and villages which want a road(They have to build it themselves)

We also begin building a New, Large, Industrial Hub in the City of Archi, on the river Tyne, where Gateshead is. The City of Archi will contain a large array of forges and furnaces, devoted to the production of Iron Ingots and Broad Iron strips, with small holes in for leather fastening.

A small dock is also constructed in Archi, with the potential for a much larger naval ship yard in the future.

To aid in the weapon training a University of Chivalry is Established in Archi

The political structure of Celtia is also reordered over the next twenty years:

Each of the seven districts are given total control and are named as 'States'. A weak Federal Government, centralised in Archi, is established, having extremely curtailed powers.

Taxation and crap like that are ignored. Blood and Iron are the only thing the Government asks of its people.

A Policy of Militas is established. Twenty percent of a village/town/city must be trained with Swordsmanship and have full armour. Villages/whatever without full armour will be tithed in leather until the armour has been brought.

In the event of war, 15% of the population of a town will be called on to join the National Army. They will do so as divisions of their village/whatever. Thus they are only serving with people they know and trust...The Battlefield Commander merely takes the army to the battle, from there on out, it is the individuals in charge of each group that lead the division. (IRC FTW!)

After 1 year 5% of the Army is rotated with the 5% which stayed at home. This is done just after the harvest, so as to make sure the maximum amount of food can be harvested. This is repeated yearly.

The University of Chivalry will train trainers to go out to villages/whatever and teach swordsmanship to the milita, tactics will also be covered.

Trade Deals are thus:

I offer a trade deal with Britannia. We give you large amounts of Scotch Whiskey and Grain, you give us Iron mined from Wales.

Research:

Lorica segmentata (10 Years)

Steel (40 Years)

River Boats (20 Years)

Double Malt Whisky (10 Years)

Upshot:

Celtia begins to form a stockpile of iron strips, the purpose of which is to duplicate the Roman Lorica segmentata, along with tower shields and swords. It also establishes strong relations with Britannia, a hopefully firm ally as we protect our Island from invading forces.

Celtia creates a functional system of Government, making it possible to implement the Feudal System.

Celtia leapfrogs into a developing nation, thanks to its rich agriculture and raw material deposits, and bold, decisive leader, King Arthur.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well then time to get this started.

The newly christened Pharaoh Ramses the CIV speaks to the roaring crowds at Alexandria. "My people, the twin clouds of Rome to the North and Carthage to the East fall heavily upon my mind. Each one prepares for war and strikes rabidly at its neighbors as if they were lead by rabid hounds. Either one would gladly conquer us if we are to let our guard down for one fraction of a second, but no we shall not waver; we shall not allow them to strike down the beacon of light that is Egypt in this worldly sea of darkness."

With that Ramses the CIV turns and leaves.

Egyptian orders (because I can).

Mining of iron ore is to increase in the eastern desert (area east of the nile extending to the red sea).

All large public works are to be pushed back in importance with Iron and gold mining set onto a higher tier of priority.

The construction of a network of roads to connect the cities of Egypt to one another is ordered. 10 years

In the agricultural sector grains and other food crops are to be given (temporary) priority over cash crops.

Bureaucratic schools are to be set up to train administrators. 5 years

Military academies are to be created to train officers and generals. 5 years

The industrial complex of cities is to be developed to facilitate faster production of goods. 10 years

Mandatory military training is to be given to the third eldest son of every family once they reach the age of 16 (or second eldest if there are only two) (NOTE MILITARY TRAINING DOES NOT ENTAIL ACTUAL COMBAT THIS IS MAINLY TO GIVE ME A LARGE BODY OF DECENTLY TRAINED SOLDIERS WHO ARE NOT SO VALUABLE TOWARDS THEIR FAMILIES).

Archery and melee (with training weapons obviously) tournaments are to be organized upon festival days to promote marksmanship.

The ports on all coastal cities are to enlarged and put to use creating an anti pirate task force. 5 years

Horses are to be bred if at all possible.

A border guard is to be set up in all provinces.

A civilian watch is set up to dissuade crime and warn of attackers.

Observatories are set up near cities to chart the stars.

Research:

Steel 40 years

Improved navigation (Astronomy) 20 years

Improved Star Charts 20 years

Stirrups 25 years

Improved Irrigation 10 years

Improved Armor 10 years

Crossbows 15 years

LNYvk.png

I'll take that deal, Archi.

As king of Britain, the first thing I do is to supply villages and forts with aforementioned grain and whiskey, while promoting patriotism. Mandatory combat training as well as the longbow training is now in effect, and the previous structure of noble families is reformed, with the families of the best warriors taking positions of power. In accordance to this, the round table will be reinstated, with a council of the 100 strongest knights to guide the knigdom in a democratic fashion. This also means that people all over the country will be training in swordsmanship constantly in the hopes of being able to beat a noble. In addition to this the idea of female warriors is gently ushered into the masses of the country, to give even more soldiers. Large scale mining and quarry operations are approved, to create resources for fortifications, and at least one high quality weapon per family. Refining of the metalworking industry is underway, and will hopefully provide steel, better quality bronze and iron, and other useful metals after a period of time. Forts and walls are to be set up on the Southern and Eastern coasts of Britain, with an abundance of catapults in place to ward off ships. Work also begins on creating new, creative way to fight using different types of rock, metal, and liquid. A project is also created to find a new, easier to use method of fighting at a distance.

tl;dr.

Patriotism is induced through a combination of more food, and more booze.

Everyone in the country is now training because they want positions of power. This includes women.

The round table has a major say in how the country proceeds (Icu, you'll probably need to act as the knights, because I can't really advise myself)

More mining is being done.

Metalworking is being improved. Don't exactly know, I suppose you'll have to tell me if anybody has a breakthrough, but I'll go with the crowd and say 40 for steel.

A wall is being built around the southern coast. In 5 sections. Each section will take 10 years.

Crossbows are being worked on. 15 years

Winches, levers and the like, in addition to the above, 5 years.

Experiments are being run on different elements and chemicals. Oils in particular. Estimated 20 years (basically looking for more flammable substances, things which could be useful, etc.)

2Xeo5.png

It is proposed, by Celtia, that the King's Son/Daughter should marry the King's Son/Daughter of Britannia to cement the everlasting friendship of our nations.

I also commission a tapestry to be kept, recording all known history.

I also begin researching Writing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I may give this a shot when i don't have work going insane ninja on me.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Guys, this is still in a planning stage :P, but yeah sure, getting all your actions down is alright, it allows me to see how you want to take this game and plan with it :D.

I promise it'll be ready by wednesday.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Update!

I have added in a few rules, feel free to check them out and give your opinions, I have added in your countries, and I will give you your stats tomorrow.

If anyone is ready, and my internet doesn't cop out, I'd like for someone to test the battle system out with me :).

Are you Republican Rome or Imperial Rome?

Imperial.

Is there any difference between the countries?

Yes. The differences are decided on how you play.

EDIT:

If anyone is interested in testing the battle system go on IRC and type in

/join #hegeromy rome

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I request trade with Celtia and Brittania, I'm offering olives, grapes and pottery.

Research:

• -Steam power/pneumatics
    -Mechanics
    -Pyrotechnics

If trade is not granted then:

Budget:

• -15% Military
    -35% Upgrades
    -27% Population
    -23% Research

If trade is granted by either one:

Budget:

• -13% Military
    -30% Upgrades
    -25% Population
    -20% Research
    -12% Trade

If trade is granted by both:

Budget:

• -10% Military
    -25% Upgrades
    -22% Population
    -20% Research
    -23% Trade

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The fact is, you have no way of currently reaching them easily, also Rome will most likely try to control the Med.

Test has proved that, even though it is slightly fun to do this, it can get cluttered, I have been given a maptool like thing by Ross and will probably use that (send screenshots to you guys) and have plans sent by PM on IRC (or using tip.it) which ever you prefer.

Test battle report btw:

At around noon today, at a Roman controlled settlement in a formally British province, a Britannian army has attacked the Roman settlement.

The battle started with the Britannian troops, consisting of, one group of archers, cavalry, and infantry. Collecting around the hill. Skirmishes started off with a volley of arrows by the Britannian archers, but they had cleverly decided to burn the alcohol they carry around with them to create an arrow that set fire to the wooden fort. Quickly the Romans decided to prepare buckets for the fire. Roman civilians decided to attempt to tackle the blaze with a few buckets prepared, but were shot down by the archers. Quickly deciding, the Roman's decided to quickly attempt to chuck as much water as they could on the blaze as the archers reloaded, it was successful, and the fire was put down to a small cinder.

Britannia, not content with the results, decided to fire a new volley, of a larger magnitude, relighting the fire, and even the thatched houses inside the settlement, panic ensued. Sadly though, for the Britannians, the alcohol level was dwindling and the morale of their troops dropped. The Britannians set up an ambush for the Romans, but they were busy tackling the inferno inside their fort. An hour or so passed, and a few rampant civllians decided to make a daring escape out of the front door as the guards were busy, but were hailed down by a volley.

The Celitian militia arrived, bearing scotch for the saddened Britannians, this cheered up spirits as they watched the fort burn. The Romans had enough of sitting around waiting for their homes to catch alight, so they decided to cut a whole out of another side of the fort, the Britannians caught wind and set up an ambush. When the Roman's finally broke through their fort, the rush of civilians and militants alike confused the Britannians, but they were able to pick out the Roman army and killed off a squad of infantry. In the panic, the Celitans closed off the road leading out of the fort, and killed all escaping civillians.

The Romans, were able to take out the Britannian cavalry, as they were unable to escape because of the rush of civilians and the fact they were on a hill. The Britannians had enough of playing around and killed off the rest of the Roman civilians, this angered the remaining soldiers, and they entered a rage.

The Celitians decided to move in on the Romans, as they enraged, and a lone Britannian squad decided to flee from the angered Romans. The Romans were encircled, and massacred off. The fort held little plunder and reports have indicated that a large Roman troop is ready to move in on the now resting barbarians :P.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

*Reminds Archi of the distance bonus*

Icu, Greece was among the foremost naval nations at the time due to their islands, and as far as I know they had no quarrell with Rome (not even religious ones since the only difference there is what they call the gods (Hades=Pluto, Poseidon=Neptune, etc.)).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

True the distance bonus would be quite large, but it'd also take a lot of money to set up.

Yes, but if Rome control the Med, they're not going to allow trades going through untaxed :P.

Mather, the IRC is open if you'd like to test out the battle thing, /join #hegeromy rome

It's a REALLY big shaft.