Im Thinking of Buying a Guitar?

Howie101

Well I think since i probably wont be playing sports in college ...i will buy or get a guitar as a gift...

obviously if its a gift then any price range will do...but in case i will buy it myself my limits are $300 american....and im sure i can get a good acoustic for around $100

i was just checking to see if there are any brands anybody recommends and prices on them...

im probably looking for an acoustic or soft electric guitar...unless i can get a bass and tune it to be more soft or melodic....

i cant stop listening to music...i walk down the street and can picture words in a chorus in my mind...is anybody else like this?

maybe ill just write songs but id like to play them as well.

suggestions?

ibanez, verry good choice, a friend has one to, i got a fender stratocoaster myselve, but they are $850,- or more :oops:

No, my dad got a really good fender strat for 300-499 american i believe, but he got a discout, like 5-10%..

Fenders and ibanez are good, but if you are just starting and dont want to make a huge investment, Yamaha is good too.

Fenders and ibanez are good, but if you are just starting and dont want to make a huge investment, Yamaha is good too.

Yamaha doesn't make guitars. :lol:

Err... yes they do. " :lol: "

I'd go for an Epiphone or Ibanez, good brands. Behringer is also good for beginner's guitar.

2009rb9.jpg

Ibanez and Epiphone is like the above poster said good stuff. Maybe Squire would suit you. Anyways make sure you try the guitar before you buy it, playing on a guitart you dont like sucks.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

I'd start out small if I were you. Find out if you're really gonna get into it and then upgrade, that way you won't be wasting too much money (although I hardly find buying an instrument a waste of money even if you don't learn to play it, it's more of an investment). Also don't go and buy a pro guitar that will be easier to play than a beginner one, learning to play the hard way first then buying a guitar that's easier to play is probably your best bet, that way you're actually learning. Oh ya, and try the guitars out, find one that's a good size for you, I have an acoustic and I wouldn't mind if it was a little smaller. You'll find that if you dedicate to learning guitar it has its pay offs (chicks dig guys that play guitar....period).

Zaataar.png

I'd go for an Epiphone or Ibanez, good brands. Behringer is also good for beginner's guitar.

my mistake. i thought he said...........yahema.....

my mistake. i thought he said...........yahema.....

Smooth.

When I first started in junior high, I got an acoustic First Act. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider one, but they're REALLY cheap, they're sold at your local Wal-Mart, and aren't TOO bad.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

ibanez, verry good choice, a friend has one to, i got a fender stratocoaster myselve, but they are $850,- or more :oops:

fender stratacoaster? lol... you obviosly dont have one. since you spelt it completely wrong , aswell i have a strat , was my 1st guitar.. there about 300$ at max U.S dollers.

i know have a bc rich warlock , heavy metel guitar , but dont invest in something to expensive untell your positive you want to play guitar , and you feel comfertable with one.

aswell...go to a guitar shop and ask the guys working there what they would recomend , iam sure they will get you all set up. :D

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~

Well I myself just recently bought a Gibson SG Supreme... but thats above your current range... for a first guitar I'd really consider an Epiphone or a lower priced ESP... both great for beginners

And on the subject of Strats

The only ones around 300 dollars are the Strats made out of the US

You are looking to pay $650 + for an American strat, depending on specs

I would get some electric guitar, I learned to play on a Tele but Danelectros and SGs might be good if you're really serious.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.