Firemaking....Suggestion (not a flame) with pics!!

Elvy_666

I notice that everytime i look at a topic on firemaking....everyone is complaining on how bad it is....well i decided instead of portraying it as bad....why not make an addition to it......

1) FIREWORKS

We could maybe make some fireworks using explopsive potion...a wick...and maybe a fletching addition of the outer bit of the firework....

maybe u could make a roman candle.....using a few cannonballs and some dye?

fmingidea21vo.png

lol my attempt!!!

2) BONFIRES

Maybe stick 4 fires in a 2 by 2 sort of thing to create one big fire.....u could also add more logs to keep it going.....

sorta like this.....

fmingidea4jq.png

doing this should make a big bonfire....that anyone adds logs to, to keep it going....we could even bring cooking into this....it can cook 2 things at once....but maybe a higher burning rate???

3) PYROMANICS

Burn all your unwanted things in your bank... like...burning a priest robe for fming exp.....or even burning unstrung bows......

4) TREE BURNING

maybe light a whole tree on fire???.....or if people are against that.....chop the tree down and light the tree stump on fire.....the maybe dig the roots up.....for some sort of skill

any other ideas...i will edit....maybe if the topic gets large enough i might add a support list???

Also for the people that suggested explosives.....I don't think they would add it into the game at the expense of little kids trying to make explosives themselves.....

What kind of skill would you need to burn stuff? And the fireworks can just be merged into herblore and crafting. Firemaking should be an action not a skill.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

The big bonfire should then last REALLY long if it has many logs inside.

Great for Karamja F2P! If you implement that then I can stop hearing "FIRE PLZ!!" all the day.

And about 3) how about lighting it up with matches or putting it into a fire?

Still support this!

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

i would like to see using molotov cocktails as weapons

karamja rum + [metal type] nails + ball of wool = [metal type] molotov cocktail. light with tinderbox and they become stackable and weildable

your range level would determine what kind of nails you could use and wield, as well as affect the max hit. and your firemaking level would determine which types of cocktails you could light. once lit they are non tradeable, and cannot be extinguished

:lol: 8)

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

i would like to see using molotov cocktails as weapons

karamja rum + [metal type] nails + ball of wool = [metal type] molotov cocktail. light with tinderbox and they become stackable and weildable

your range level would determine what kind of nails you could use and wield, as well as affect the max hit. and your firemaking level would determine which types of cocktails you could light. once lit they are non tradeable, and cannot be extinguished

:lol: 8)

Cocktails? Let's burn a Blurberry Special! :lol:

Just kidding.

I think all these explosives in RuneScape is unnecessary in my opinion.

kolsig20kl.png

I've stopped playing RuneScape. KoL's better.

yup, pretty unecessary, but would be heaps of fun!! plus, firemaking absolutely sucks. im fresh out of ideas to making that bogus skill more useful. i mean, how about mage attacks that incenerate your foes? how about flares as an alternative to superheating? how about crude gunpowder technogoly from the dwarves? (nah lol)

but something, please! besides lighting lamps and burning shade remains, (both are p2p actions) firemaking is pointless. who burns yew logs? if your gonna cook, a regular tree will do just as well

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Well fireworks is kinda far off because they would need to add a sky to runescape. But I like the idea of incinerating unneeded items and bonfires would create fun new games to play in game, not sure how, but fire is always fun!

(Only reason im against fireworks is they were in a game i used to play, Final Fantasy 11 and I blew all my money on them every week :P)

May 6th '06 update:

Fireworks introduced as new ranging equipment; damage done and size of fireworks available depends on your ange level.

May 7th '06 CNN News:

Kid kills friends in fireworks disaster, the kid claimed that the fireworks should not have done much damage to his friends as his "range level" was only 20!

~Iron~

May 6th '06 update:

Fireworks introduced as new ranging equipment; damage done and size of fireworks available depends on your ange level.

May 7th '06 CNN News:

Kid kills friends in fireworks disaster, the kid claimed that the fireworks should not have done much damage to his friends as his "range level" was only 20!

~Iron~

rofl.... :D :D :D

lol good idea but parents wont like a game telling them how to make a bomb and if a runescape player dose kill someone then jagex would have a army of layers at their doorstep.

I don't understand how little kids are going to make fireworks out of this....

Where are they going to get 10 cannonballs and some dye?? and a tinderbox lol

May 6th '06 update:

May 7th '06 CNN News:

~Iron~

lol!!!!!!!!

I always tell the truth even when I lie

btw that is halarious i almost fell of my chair....

anyways how bout make a mini game where you just like stuff on fire and either throw it in a bigger fire or at other people, maybe targets something else? i think that it would be a pretty fun mini-game i don't think that jagex will take the idea but w/e

You have the right, and people have the right to hate you for it.

Thus, the circle of life is complete.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

ANY addition to fire making would be good, anything i dont care wat, half a year ago i submited ideas to a topic about the same problem just that we thought about being able to make weopans fire branded which is kind of like poisening, that was a good idea but these are good too, i dont care wat anything so i decide to train that useless skill, the only other reaoson i trained it was for quest, since then ive never trained it again

P.S. I think it was See Slug

You stole this from the RS forums... There's a thread called Pyrotechnics that's almost identical to this one...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

So? What if he stole it? Not everyone in Tip.it is a member, and I'd guess people wouldn't like to go to a read-only forum if they can get to this one.

I'd like the idea, because I find firemaking very useless. Let's see the non-combat skills at high levels:

Runecrafting: Make nats/laws/deaths ==> sell for 300-400 each.

Agility: Couldn't complain, makes energy drain slower, thus you can run more ==> faster money

Herblore: Lots of valuable potions. IIRC, the prayer pot sells for 5k (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thieving: Free food at level 5, later you can steal from gems stalls, and from King Lathas's chest even.

Crafting: Dragonstone amulets sell for 85k.

Fletching: Magic longs sell for around 1100.

Slayer: What is the price of whips? 4m?

Mining: Just one runite ore sells for 10k, right?

Smithing: Self-explanatory, just needs a lot of effort until the big cash winning-objects.

Fishing, cooking: Lobs were sold for ~350 each last time i bought.

Farming: Rannar sells for ~6k.

Woodcutting: Magic logs sell for 1k each.

Firemaking: Ashes sell for 10 gp?

Oh yes!! I can light magic logs now!! *goes to bank, takes 500 magic logs, and starts to light them* This is great!!!!!!!!o

We'd need somethign with which we could make money from firemaking.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

*Fishing* Oh dear no range nearby! Let me make a fire *Lights logs* Hey! I just saved the time of going back to a range to cook my food and therefore I can make money by selling food faster!

Or...

*Burn shades* W00t!

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

*Fishing* Oh dear no range nearby! Let me make a fire *Lights logs* Hey! I just saved the time of going back to a range to cook my food and therefore I can make money by selling food faster!

Or...

*Burn shades* W00t!

By the fishing issue, that's the problem of firemaking. Why do I need more than to light normal logs? It's not like I need willow logs to cook my lobsters.

Also, i don't know what you are talking about in the second part of your post. I'll have to search about that.

I always seem to like your posts so much... Constructive critics, no flames...

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Exactly. Which is why I think firemaking should be taken out of the game.

No, I didn't say you couldn't make fires or burn shades anymore! Just no more level requirements on doing the action.

~Toxicologist~