Space

archimage_a

Oh. oops.

Hmmm.......... training today. Note to self: try to keep away from Faust and whatever I do, try not to hit him.

Faust stay out of the kitchen, please. If you want food please ask me to make it. I don't want you to catch on fire.

Chi, be careful. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mask: If you are planing to stay with us, would you like me to add your character in the story I'm writing about Space? Oh and also there is the Space Diaries, where you can write an entry about the days events after a session: http://forum.tip.it/topic/280792-the-space-diaries If you want, you can watch that topic as well

If I do make it to today's, I'll just watch how the game's played.

Have fun Archi.

I really should've abused the old puzzles more. :P

And for one random research point, reading between the lines.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well, if you could reset the reading between the lines part I would be happy... :P

Otherwise I'm fine, just too lazy and lacking inspiration for an insane research project. What level of Psionics would be necessary for some sort of device allowing Psionic manipulation of electrical currents? I kinda want to be able to slap my hand on the wall of a ship and send a jolt of lighting at my enemies.

Y'know, without frying everything else.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

(Summery since the next session will start directly into this)

After a relatively quiet session Earth visited the American Station, Station Alpha, meeting Commander Johnson.

Shortly afterwards Apep contacted Asgard, discovered a problem and reported it to Earth. Earth quickly rushed to Asgard while Apep attempted to uncover the source of the problem, before eventually blacking out due to a processor malfunction.

Earth arrived on the station, finding smoke, crying children and half starved adults, where he felt compelled to talk to one of the people about it, finding that the population had descended into anarchy, with gangs stealing food from some to give to their children.

In other news, Europa has finished its first crop and is awaiting harvesting (People will remain fed until the end of next session, since there is now a continual supply).

105kT has been subtracted to feed people not covered by the first harvest.

Current total is 1,390kT

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

On The Bridge of the Unity Apep has installed a corkboard message which has been decorated with a happy border of cute snakes. Also Apep has posted on this board the following messages

While you were out: Asgard station descended into Anarchy and Gangwars, Potential focus for current efforts. Have a nice day! - Apep (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake trying to lift up a large gold charm its wearing on a chain.)

Just recieved a notice from Intersystem People Movers that their passenger transports do not actually go to other Systems. We must investigate other ways for these Aliens to get home. (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake holding a thumbs up hand on a stick in its mouth trying to hitchhike)

The stars look delightfully dark to the stellar southeast, perhaps we should go for vacation to enjoy the fine Russian goods availible there. (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake laying on a beach under an umbrella)

It sure is taking quite some time for that Echo to return from the darkness. Have a Nice Day! - Apep (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake in spelunking gear)

Someone please make sure to remind me to call Arch catering Systems to check on the price of Descargo. (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake in a chef's hat sneaking up on a snail)

Arrayn't ya glad to hear that UN markets is celebrating its anniversey this Argust and its 2nd major star. (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake looking through a telescope at the stars)

Martian pie: Come learn an excelent recipie for a pie with a surprise inside brought to you by Mars Base who knows what. (decorated with a cute drawing of a snake in a spacesuit on mars)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I suggest we get to work fixing whatever happened to the Asgard peoples.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

*Sigh*

No kidding. Humans are idiots.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The refugees are idiots, Archi. And we are for not dealing with this right, but c'est la vie. It's not unfixable.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

FIRE THE PROTON TORPEDOES!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sigh.

*Now* can we flash freeze them all?

Failing that, an emotion suppression field would be good.

I would only support that action if it does not create long term medical issues (more than a week in game universe time). I would reccomend leaving them on Asgard Station rather than moving them to the new research base to save the time and the bother of transporting them, as obviously Asgard Station would have the ability keep them frozen if we did the freezing there in the first place.

I asked the AI before, and there is a decent chance of death when flash freezing, but in this scenario I believe it is the lesser of two evils.

Also, we should try to preserve as many corpses as we can. They're good for neural research.

2Xeo5.png

Ross, I have an idea.. We rebuild the government, beat down the gangs, and make monthly (Ingame monthly) check ups so everything doesn't go to hell again. At the least, we should check on Europa.. And repair the Asgard if there's nothing to my plan. Anarchy is hell on ship systems.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I know. But my idea is to first beat the hell out of the leader of the gang, then incorporate them into the new government.. Districts and such. It's more complicated in my hea, so i'm not going to go all mega-post a plan to deal with anarchists when all we could do is knock them out.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I asked the AI before, and there is a decent chance of death when flash freezing, but in this scenario I believe it is the lesser of two evils.

Also, we should try to preserve as many corpses as we can. They're good for neural research.

Okay, so you are argueing: "Who cares if we kill or maim an absurdly large number of people who we will not pay for any treatment they might need after the fact, as we can use their corpses FOR SCIENCE!"

well there are a few things wrong with that:

1)The process of flash freezing seems like it would damage the tissues that you are studying possibly introducing problems with not having proper controls in your experiment

2)Generally when experimenting with things to use on a living being, it generally helps if you choose to not use corpses as your test subjects

3)Killing massive amounts of people is in all likelyhood not going to give you a good reputation with the survivors. You would probably look better just kidnapping people for use in your experiments.

4)Why on earth do you need more corpses for testing? We already have enough frozen corpses that you could test 5 a day and still have some left over at the end of an earth year...

Also, the basic concept of destabilizing the gangs aboard the station by removing their leaders from an active posistion, is not a great idea, as you simply cause a large number to try to fill the void making things far worse for the people aboard. Mainly no matter how often we eliminate the person in charge of the gangs, there will always be someone to take their place, until we switch to removing the conditions that led to the rise of the gangs in the first place. Mainly the easiest way to do this would be to slowly begin to colonize Europa (possibly start with 4000, then transfer an additional 50% of the current population on Europa there every month, resulting in completion in a bit less than 1 year) while also increasing food rations and phasing out the food pills as rations for all the refugees.

I meant the ones who are already dead. Point is to scan their brains and see if I can bring them back, so it'd make sense to want to preserve as many as possible. I'm sure a lot of people would like to be able to talk to relatives again, even if they are just a box with microphone and speakers.

The flash freeze death rate is about the same as that which the British had when they started venting nutrient gas I believe.

Still, emotion suppression field is a better idea, as usual.

2Xeo5.png