DFS, GS or Bandos?

R3moteman

So, i can get the money for either DFS, a ZGS/BGS, or a Bandos tasset/chestplate. Im hard into slayer and want to train it with melee most of the time.

My usual setup is torso, d legs, whip, defender and always with slayer helm because thats the only way i train my melee at the moment and probably the only way i will train it as long as i play. I also switch to guthans for healing so i can camp at my task. I want to be able to boss in the future or now if its possible.

Heres the reason i want each of these items:

I want the DFS as a high def shield and give good str bonus of a defender. Also because its one of the best def shields out there so little upgrading need once purchased.

I want a GS for str training once i have my def and attack high enough to stop with whip, and can double as weapon to use on bossing. So dont really want a ss unless u can convince me it can do a balance of both these.

And i want the Bandos chestplate or Tassest to replace my current armor for a good str and def bonus.

So what one should i buy?

Should i buy any of these? If not what should i buy for what i want to do?

user1-dark.png

Before you go spending lots of money on bandos and a DFS i would suggest getting 70 prayer for pity and 68 sumoning for a yip. i recently got 68 summ and slayer tasks are much easier as i rairly need to eat.

The general consensus on using a DFS is that a whip and defender are better in all situations apart from wyrvrenes?

Have you got a full slayer helm or just the regular?

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Before you go spending lots of money on bandos and a DFS i would suggest getting 70 prayer for pity and 68 sumoning for a yip. i recently got 68 summ and slayer tasks are much easier as i rairly need to eat.

The general consensus on using a DFS is that a whip and defender are better in all situations apart from wyrvrenes?

Have you got a full slayer helm or just the regular?

Full. And i thought about both of those but i used a calc and found out im still a bit off 68 summ charm wise. But prayer is a really good idea. I would get to 71 so i can use curse right away as well.

user1-dark.png

Whip + Defender is the best combination for Slayer overall (assuming you don't have a Rapier which you can't wield anyway so I won't count that), so don't bother getting a GS or a DFS unless you've really got an extra pile of cash that you don't know what to do with. I'd recommend getting 70 (or 71) Prayer as said before, maybe also spend some money on Herblore getting you closer to extremes. As for the original question, I'd say get Bandos Tassets, it's a lot of money for a little strength bonus, but since you don't really need GS/DFS and already have a torso giving the same strength bonus as the BCP I think Tassys are your best option.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Get 70 prayer, a fury/berserker ring if you don'talready, THEN get bandos, and Piety all tasks. Get 68 summoning ASAP, aswell.

Lastly, get a SS, not a GS. Much faster xp, and you shouldn't boss until 99 melee's, 88/96 summoning, 92+ herblore, and 95 prayer. You'd be wasting your time bossing with your current stats.

Sumondskull6.png

@dirk4slayer

Sorry my first post was probaly not worded right, so ill try again.

I know whip and defender are the best xp but i want to start training str by itself when i get 80 def and attk. And i know SS is the suggested way to train str but i wanted a gs because i wanted to train str and be able to go and kill high levels for fun as well. Thats why i though gs was a balance.

If gs is still a rubbish idea ill take both your advice and level prayer to 71.

@sumondskull6

Is fury worth it at my level with the equip i use?

user1-dark.png

Before you buy anything, get 70(or 71, doesn't matter) prayer. Don't use curses until you can use Soul Split at the very least, anything below is not worth giving up Piety.

Bandos is garbage, get only when you have enough stats to actually make the strength bonus count. Fighter torso is an excellent (in comparison) substitute, if you can put up with world 6 idiots.

DFS is overrated, a defender will do just fine for most tasks and costs <insert cost of DFS> less.

You won't need to use a godsword at this point, an SS will do just fine since your stats are not compatible with boss fighting, unless you fight stuff like the mole, and even then, a whip/dds combo will work just fine. Plus you save 18m on an entry level godsword (I think), which you can use to buy prayer.

I'd say if you really needed one of those items, you should probably go for a BGS (or any other godsword), but I'd still advise against it at this point.

I promise you that a fury is worth it, you should NEVER be without it. Despite what the above poster says, Bandos is extremely worth it if you can afford it.

I say: 70 prayer, fury, (berserker), ss, 68 summoning, tassets, bcp, in order of what you should get.

Piety EVERY task, use a soul wars cape or fire cape, skill cape if you're unable to get eiher. Try to get barrows gloves if you don't already have them, and I assume you already use d boos?

Sumondskull6.png

Yer i use d boots. Even though im getting some contradicting answers it seems i should go for 70 prayer by everyone. But one question about peity, wont i be losing money on most tasks seeing as i go through prayer real fast? Its probably a stupid question but i wana know what im spending my money on.

user1-dark.png

Piety, with a decent (15+) prayer bonus, actually makes tasks go faster, thus loot accumulating faster, thus saving money. You need to value your time below picking flax not to use it.

Don't get a dfs unless you intend to camp wyverns.

Don't get a gs unless you'll be corping a lot.

Sell your guthans.

Get 70 prayer, don't bother with curses until level 92/95.

Get a fury. The difference between fury and glory include +2 str, as much as tassets vs. other legs, but also +2 prayer and +12 defence.

Get a berserker ring. Again, +4 str for much cheaper than bandos.

Get a bunyip. Kill some good, easy charm droppers (dust devils or so) if you're charms short.

Get a chaotic rapier to train strength.

Get verac's skirt and use that with torso and soul wars cape for good defence and prayer.

Get a quest cape, or at least get Nomad's Requiem, Blood Runs Deep and While Guthix Sleeps done.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yer i use d boots. Even though im getting some contradicting answers it seems i should go for 70 prayer by everyone. But one question about peity, wont i be losing money on most tasks seeing as i go through prayer real fast? Its probably a stupid question but i wana know what im spending my money on.

70 pray is definately worth getting, even if you don't piety every task. I like to afk my slayer so praying piety isn't worth it to me but I would still definately recommend getting piety for boss fights (quests only - you shouldn't be boss hunting with your stats)

Fury is definately worth getting.

It's widely believed that Defender > DFS in 99% of situations.

And as GS are junk because there is always a better alternative (claws>ags, EE/EEE>sgs, SWH/darklight>BGS, ZGS is about the only one without a comparible, but it's still crap). They're 2 handed and slow - whips give better dps.

Bandos is good, but at your stats, not really worth it imo. Invest in skills over equipment.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Do not forget getting a SS is not a big deal. For the simple fact you can sell it after. Training with a GS is a big mistake. Way to slow. Train with a ss for now.

UNtil you get a bunyip keep with the guthans. DFS is soo not worth it. Barrows defence is good enough. So you eat a few extra food big deal. Better then

throwing around millions for a little more defence. Besides when you get herb up and get super anti-fire. DFS will collect dust. Keep the money for now.

Pick up any supplies that you do not get from tasks ie pray pots and str pots attack pots etc... I never have prayed peity on a slayer task. But not saying

it is not a good idea. I am just to cheap. But having peity for bosses hunting is a must. And getting the EE is a must as well. The healing and defence

bonus is just to good for free. Us the money to get skills up you need to get it. Berserker ring is ok too. But when you hit Kurdal. you will find youe self not

using it to much. When you get the furcious ring.

Opthsis.png

Ok. Thanks for all the help i have decided to get 70 prayer first with a berserker ring as those still add up to less than a dfs. The left over money i can use as an investment into prayer pots so i can afford to peity every task until it pays off. I will get 68 summ next once i have enough charms. Thanks alot!

user1-dark.png

Piety, with a decent (15+) prayer bonus, actually makes tasks go faster, thus loot accumulating faster, thus saving money. You need to value your time below picking flax not to use it.

Sell your guthans.

Get a fury. The difference between fury and glory include +2 str, as much as tassets vs. other legs, but also +2 prayer and +12 defence.

Get a bunyip. Kill some good, easy charm droppers (dust devils or so) if you're charms short.

Get verac's skirt and use that with torso and soul wars cape for good defence and prayer.

Get a quest cape, or at least get Nomad's Requiem, Blood Runs Deep and While Guthix Sleeps done.

I completely agree with this. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Sell your guthans.

There is only a few people that actually help people in help and advice. I'd say Quyneax and bladewing are definitely in that list.

If it's not obvious enough, I'll just have to spell it out to the OP; You can't boss with your current stats. Especially not Bandos.

Get a berserker ring, get Piety, get a Bunyip, and THEN consider spending money on other gear. Get an SS if you want to train Str, or Chaotic Rapier if you have the time to dungeoneer.

Sell your guthans.

I completely agree with completely agreeing with this.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png