sees_all1

What book are you currently reading?

I was reading Roadside Picnic, but I got sidetracked ~75% through. I recently picked up The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, and am really glad that I did.

You should check this book out: http://www.amazon.com/Revolutionary-Trauma-Release-Process-Transcend/dp/1897238401

I always fall back to that whenever I feel like I'm starting to get worried or stressed out over something. Instantly makes me feel happy every time; it's like a magic bullet to happiness :D

77yLQy8.png

Finally got around to reading the LOTR, now that any additional movies seem unlikely.

Inb4 silmarillions.  But anyways I'm currently halfway done with the Two Towers and I so far I'ved liked the additonal insites but I felt the whole Tom Bombadil part seemed out of place with the rest of the story.

Currently reading The Cyberiad, a sci-fi/comedy short story collection, and have discovered a new respect for sci-fi. As an example of the book's genius, it includes a machine which writes poetry, including a love poem expressed in the language of pure mathematics: 

Cancel me not - for then what shall remain?

Abscissas, some mantissas, modules, modes,

A root or two, a torus and a node:

The inverse of my verse, a null domain.

^ just one stanza from the poem.  

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I like the rhyme yet I am quite confused what it's trying to say despite knowing all the words lol.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

^ Probably should have posted the entire poem, but it's quite a few stanzas long. Basically, the whole thing uses mathematical terminology in a way which imitates and almost sounds like a traditional love poem, but the terms aren't used correctly, and the love part also fails. The poem - like the whole book - is v tongue in cheek. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Recently finished The Spectre of Alexander Wolf, by Gaito Gazdanov, am reading The Carter of La Providence, by Simenon. Will probably read either some Sherlock Holmes or Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy next.

Have you read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or its sequels) before? I take it you have, but reading again would probably be enjoyable too.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Have just started a book called Oliver VII by a Hungarian chap called Antal Szerb. The blurb leads me to believe it's about a king who deposes himself to go on holiday and ends up joining some ruffians and impersonating himself. Fun times. 

The Ubuntu Serverbook, 5th Edition

5502f35d690a3-Screenshot_62.png

Sometimes I like to dig a hole in the ground and pretend I'm a carrot.

userbar_350.gif

Got a copy of Flour Water Salt Yeast by Forkish. Gonna work through that this week

Got a Kobo glo HD for Christmas, need some book suggestions. Right now I'm reading More Guns, Less Crime by John Lott.

Depends what sort of stuff you want to read. I have about 200 epubs from various fantasy fiction (trilogies e.t.c) I don't mind zipping up.

Currently I have been reading the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, my opinions are as such: "It's alright, bits are good but nonetheless predictable."

Luck be a Lady

Currently I have been reading the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, my opinions are as such: "It's alright, bits are good but nonetheless predictable."

Bummer to hear you're not enjoying it, that series sucked me in. Went from not being able to hold an interest in any fantasy books past the first chapter for about 3 years to finishing both of the books in 2 weeks. To each their own though.

I am enjoying it - but I have issues with "all-singing-all-doing" protagonists which said protagonist is. Granted you cannot have heroic fantasy without a hero. The story has a decent pull and I am interested in seeing it to completion.

I just feel that this book (storywise) is a carbon copy of A Wizard of Earthsea albeit longer. 

Luck be a Lady

Currently reading The Black Hole Wars by Leonard Susskind. It talks about his battle with Stephen Hawking to make the world safe for quantum mechanics. Hawking theorized that black holes destroy everything that falls into one. Leaving no trace of whatever fell in. This violated a basic law of the universe stating that information cannot be created nor destroyed called the conservation of information (sort of like the conservation of mass. Such a good read for a science nerd like me :)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Finished reading "Deathfire". Lates book in the Horus heresy series of warhammer. Another massive cliff hanger!!! They had it set up perfectly to explain what happened to vulcan only for him to rise from the ashes again. So again have to wait for the next book to find out just what the hell happened to him! The book was great though. Its told from the perspective of the salamanders and it basically explains how the loyalist legions are changing from the atheist society the emperor created to reverting back to cultural beliefs and believing that the primarchs and the emperor are demigods. Should be interesting if in the next book the emperor and vulcan meet up and how the former views the changes made in the salamanders.

Also started reading the Realm Gate Wars. Newest series from the warhammer universe. The books are decent but they could have spent more effort on the first one. There's almost no explanation for what happens in between The End Times series and the Realm Gate Wars. The series starts with Sigmar leading an army of super humans to reclaim the 8 realms from chaos but doesn't explain how they created the 8 realms after the old world was destroyed or how the gods of chaos found them after the other gods tricked them into thinking the world destroyed. First three books so far have rather limited cast of characters. Just humans, chaos followers, skaven and dryads so far. But be interesting to see in later books how the elves, dwarves and other races have changed. One thing i hate is that the skaven have been merged with the army's of chaos instead of being there own distinct race fighting for or against chaos depending on their own whims.

Don't get me started on the strange new rules for the new table top game though.... definitely not going to play that but will keep following the books.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Bought A Song of Ice and Fire. I should have waited a few years and got them all together when they're all out, but $50 for all of them so far was just too good a deal to pass up. So I'm reading A Game of Thrones. Not too far in yet, though.

Attempt #1 (To read all of ASoIaF), failed.

Attempt #2 (Before the latest season started), partial success.

Attempt #3, done.

Finally finished A Song of Ice and Fire, after all this time. It gets really good, and really bad, but on the whole, super solid. I much prefer it to the show now. I just can't believe a lot of the changes they've made to the show, most of all in Meereen, like, dude, Belwas, Barristan, Hizdahr, c'moooooon.

Now I've moved onto Tripwire, by Lee Child. A book my mum suggested I read. I've read another of his and loved it, so I'm digging this. I need to find time to hit up the local book shop and buy a crapton of books. With some recent lifestyle changes, I've found a ton more time to read, and I'm loving it. I've probably read about 300 pages of ASoIaF and 60 of Tripwire over the past three days, more reading than I've done in a loooong while.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Finally bought Dune and finished with the first book within a day. Gonna read second part tomorrow.

It really is that good.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Dune was good.

Bought me Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's a shame I haven't read it yet, but now I hope I will have the time to indulge in it in a few days time.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc