What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Just finished "The Road" by Cormac Mccarthy and started "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman. I was kinda disappointed with the ending in The Road, wished to learn a bit more about the universe. And so far, 250 pages in, The Forever War definitely puts the "science" part in sci-fi. But I really like the book and it is interesting.

And I finished that Forever War. Now need to read the 2 other books in the series. Awesome.

Edited by SaqPrets
  • Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Iron Council, by China Mieville.

There's a lot of words to say about it and most have probably been said better by other people but I really liked this book. As with a lot of his books I wasn't too much of a fan of one general part of the ending but everything else was pretty superb. China Mieville might be the best at giving away little details about the world that makes you want a million books set in it. At the moment I would kill a man for an encyclopedia of Bas-Lag or something.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Captialism's bibel, introduction to liberalism etcetcetc. Heavy (physically, 1200~ pages) as hell, but I kinda promised my man to read it.

There's a part where someone just talks about nothing for like a hundred pages so you can mentally cut it down a bit.

Comedy option: There's a part where someone just talks about nothing for like 1200 pages so you can mentally cut it down a bit.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm reading Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Pretty good so far. There is a lot of internal rambling/analysing though. It borders on "too much" for my taste (to the point where I skim a little).

16126252.jpg

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Think I am on that part already, there was this description of Rearden Steel, how it looked like it when it got smelted... I hated it, didn't touch the book for two months.

And I kinda expect my opinion would be something like in that vid.

Other books I also read atm:

LotR, the Hobbit, for the n'th time.

Dracula, Frankenstein, too for the n'th time.

Impatiently waiting on my Anansi Boys and Stardust from my man, he always forgets them when he comes over to my flat.

Think I am on that part already, there was this description of Rearden Steel, how it looked like it when it got smelted... I hated it, didn't touch the book for two months.

Impatiently waiting on my Anansi Boys and Stardust from my man, he always forgets them when he comes over to my flat.

Nah, you'll know when you get to it. Think the bit in 1984 where Winston reads that book O'Brien gave him except so much worse.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, you'll know when you get to it. Think the bit in 1984 where Winston reads that book O'Brien gave him except so much worse.

O_o I really liked that part in 1984...found it quite interesting.

Also, I've read the Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn books, really loved them. Had me laughing all the time.

Now starting with "The Hotel New Hampshire" by David Irving.

edit: whoops, John Irving. Not a holocaust denier...

O_o I really liked that part in 1984...found it quite interesting.

Probably a matter of context, then. That part of 1984 didn't seem like much of a departure from the rest of the book, the similar scene in Atlas Shrugged is probably handled differently (And/or longer than the entire text of 1984).

World War Z. Unlike anything I have ever read before. And I don't think this book needs an introduction in here.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I've been struggling through The Future of Illusion by Sigmund Freud. It's enlightening, but you really gotta be on top of your mental game if you want to have any idea what he's going on about. It's only like 100 pages though. Not too bad if you want to brush up on some philosophy on religion.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• 2 weeks later...

I finished reading The Last Threshold by R.A. Salvatore.

I cried at the end. The last chaper was cheezy and anti climatic but the epilogue! The Epilogue!!!! I have to know is Drizzt Do'Urden dead or is anything more planned. I can't find anything about if there is another book planned!!

edit: found out that there is another book coming out in august. But it sounds awfully like the last musing of a dead man.... I'm hoping for a massive deus ex machina at the end. Otherwise all the suspense and plot building in threshold is basically for nothing :evil:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I just finished a Ночной дозор, working on Дневной дозор now.

Translations, because I'm not cool enough for mother tongue.

Oh, excellent series. I'm really looking forward to the new release that's coming out soon.

So, would you be light or dark?

~M

Almost certainly dark, I think.

Same. It's odd though.

In games, I almost always choose the "good" path. But dark others are just normal people who want to help themselves out.

~M