What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

50 Shades Of Grey. Like the rest of the female population.

Have you read the part where they have sex yet??

Wait, that book is about sex? I thought it was about a colorblind guy :?

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Dualed by Elsie Chapman

13401993.jpg

This book sounds awesome! And it better be good because I've been really looking forward to reading it!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm reading A Dance with Dragons after a long and angonizing wait to get it from my local library. It is very good so far and I can't wait to read the rest of its 900 pages (about 700 to go)

I just finished "The Egg Said Nothing" and was shocked at how great it was. It's a book in the bizarro genre, so it's very absurd. Think "John Dies at the End". I wholly recommend this book if you want an amusing read involving time travel and romance and not knowing what's going to happen next.

I'm also finishing up "Ready Play One" for the second time. I saw it in a bookstore the other day and grabbed it because it's a decent story. It's amusing and softly cyberpunk. It's not as amazing as everyone says it is because it's really just a nostalgia circljerk with a little story thrown in. But I've read worse.

I grabbed "The Old Man's War" in the humble book bundle. I finished that and am currently halfway through the third book of the series. It's a pretty good series and I like the characters in them. I intend to finish off the series and read the complementary universe books when I get to it.

Since I finished "The Egg Said Nothing", I started reading "Rampaging [bleep]ers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere". I'm pretty sure the censor is going to break the link to Amazon, but meh... It's a collection of 3 bizarro stories and the first one looks pretty good. Amazon says the stories are satire, so I'm sure I'm going to love them.

Ok, I think that's all the books I'm reading/have read in the last couple days... I'll head out after leaving my favorite quote from "The Egg Said Nothing".

They dream their little dreams, toss and turn in sweaty sheets, and we'll be awake. Do you realize the effect that will have on us? Instead of air, we'll be breathing dreams.

~M

I'm also finishing up "Ready Player One" for the second time. I saw it in a bookstore the other day and grabbed it because it's a decent story. It's amusing and softly cyberpunk. It's not as amazing as everyone says it is because it's really just a nostalgia circljerk with a little story thrown in. But I've read worse.

You know, I bought this book and was really really looking forward to reading it, but now... :/

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

You know, I bought this book and was really really looking forward to reading it, but now... :/

Go ahead and read it still. It's a fun read, especially if you grew up in/near that time period, it just won't have much lasting power because of its references.

It's kind of like the Scary Movies. They're funny, but since they have very specific references, they won't age well.

~M

50 Shades Of Grey. Like the rest of the female population.

Have you read the part where they have sex yet??

Not yet. I read the first 30 or so pages and nothing has really happened yet. I will make an effort to finish reading it one day.

Finished halo: thursday war. Was great and some great potential spoilers for halo's 4-6. Gonna need to wait till next pay check to get the game though.

Think i'll start Pariah: ravenor vs eisenhorn from warhammer 40k next.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I just finished reading Doomed by Tracy Deebs. It was FREAKING AMAZING. Awesome book for gamers who like a bit of sci-fi apocalypse adventure.

13505645.jpg

Now I'm reading Prophecy by Ellen Oh. I've only just started it, but so far I'm a little unsure... but only because I'm not sure I'm in the mood for high fantasy right now.

10129062.jpg

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Finished reading a book called Alice In Zombieland - I forget the author right now, though. It was seriously good, and I cant wait for the next book in the series.

Ohh by Gena Showalter. I've been considering reading that for a while now. :P I've heard good and bad things about it. From what I gather, as long as you accept that it's not really a cold-blooded-killing zombie Alice in Wonderland retelling, you'll really enjoy it. I want to read it at some point. :P

And the cover... soooo pretty!

11300302.jpg

Posted Image

The long wait is over..!

Reading Red Country by Joe Abercrombie. So excited!! I messed up and thought it was being published on October 26, but of course that was the UK release date... have been anxiously counting down the days until it was released in the USA - today! I'm only 51 pages into it, but it's only getting better and better with each page. Reminds me why I love Joe Abercrombie's work.

13528362.jpg

On an unrelated note, I'm also in a bit of a predicament. A week or two ago, I posted that I was reading Ben Bova's Mars Life. I saw it on the shelf at a used book store, it looked interesting so I bought it and started reading it. I'm about 20% of the way through (100 pages in) and today at Barnes and Noble... I noticed that Bova actually has a book called Mars that is the PREQUEL to this book. I'm not sure if I should finish reading the second book... or stop, buy and read the first book, and then continue reading the second.

I've never accidentally started reading the second book in a series before and it's quite troublesome. :|

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png