What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

It's just so hard to get used to. You can tell scenes where Jordan left really good notes, such as when

Egwene confronts Elaida in front of the Sitters when asked to attend her on her first night of labor-only.

It was like reading it from Jordan himself. But others like

when Rand first opens up to Min after meeting Moridin (Ishamael) in Telaranrihod

are written in such an alien way that it's...ugh it's kind of @_@

hzvjpwS.gif

Same goes for Crossroads of Twilight, which mostly everyone I talk to finds incredibly long drawn and boring and horrible, while I still enjoyed it - maybe not as much as others, but I didn't really get the idea this book was a low point in the series after reading it.

Wouldn't say it was horrible, but it did drag on at points, which was made worse by the fact that nothing really happened - It can almost be summed up as "What was the rest of the world up to at the end of book 9?"

Perhaps I don't have good taste, but I preferred Sanderson's books. It's true that they were written like young adult books, but that was a refreshing change from the unnecessary wordiness of the later entries in the series. It felt like they were less about world building and more focused on telling the story.

I finished book 12 and I'm on book 13 now and I can say, Sanderson gets better as he goes. Still abrupt and strange at times, but at least it isn't as bad as before. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. At least this book seems to be setting up for a more satisfying conclusion than 12 did - which was just plain weird.

hzvjpwS.gif

Currently reading The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost.

13414545.jpg

This book is AWESOME o_O I almost didn't read it but I'm so glad I am. I love it! It feels very Harry Potter-esque. It's totally different but it has a similar vibe to it, I guess. And it's hilarious!! I adore the dialogue! I was cracking up at the airport while reading, lulz.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Finished reading Living Dead in Dallas and Club Dead, and yesterday I managed to bag every book in the series for £10. At least now I don't have to try to borrow them all from the library which is what I thought I was going to be doing :D

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I read Push by Sapphire in the car on the trip down for vacation. It's the novel that the movie Precious is based on... the book was also very powerful and moving, and just as graphic as the movie. It was a good book, not sure I could handle reading it a second time though. My only qualm is that it ends somewhat suddenly, and doesn't tie up a lot of the loose ends like the movie does.

I'm currently reading Broken Blade by Kelly McCullough. I'm really enjoying it so far, and am glad it's just the first book in the series! Ashley, you should check it out! :3

11018854.jpg

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The prequel to The Maze Runner (one of my favorite book series) comes out tomorrow and I'm absolutely pumped! Has anyone here read the series? (For those who haven't, I'd really recommend it if you enjoyed the Hunger Games/modern dystopian novels).

Kind of disappointed. I enjoyed it but I expected something completely different.

[hide=Not really spoiling anything, just what the book was actually about VS what I expected]

This was a completely different story with different characters than the original three books. It just showed what the world was before the original book - I had really hoped it would show the characters' adventures and whatnot before the first book, but the main characters were hardly even mentioned.

:|

[/hide]

Going into a prequel expecting to hear loooooads about existing main characters is never a good move. After all the nature of books means the adventures/stories of those people generally start as the first book does, so a later prequel has to go elsewhere; in the same way prologues very rarely feature the main characters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Currently reading: Being a Better Baseball Batter by Barry Bonds

My favorite part is how the Giants got better after he retired. :mrgreen:

Got The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson and House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. Saving the former for next week when I'll have to spend a lot of time taking buses.

After finishing Conn Igguldens fantastic The Emperor series, I have been going back and forth between the Wheel of Time and Song of Ice and Fire series. Reason why I have been reading a book here and there of two series is the long waiting lines for Song of Ice and Fire books in our local libraries, which actually resulted into me buying couple of them. I know I'm a bit late with the whole series, but with so many amazing books out there I simply never before had time. Wheel of Time however has been my "on going project" for about few years for now. It has so many books to read that I tend to get away of the series every few books. As much as I like a long story with many books to read, the story just seems a bit too slow and tedious at times to stay focused for long.

Song of Ice and Fire on the other hand... I have totally bursted through the books like no tomorrow ever since getting my hands around the Game of Thrones. Even though the story - like Wheel of Time - does have slower, less exciting chapters, the whole overall setting of the story with the endless possibilities just keeps you rooting for more and more. And not just the unpredictable plot but the absolutely amazing characthers.

Even though I personally think George R.R. Martins Song of Ice and Fire series cannot be praised enough, I still have to say that so far the Feast for Crows book has lead my expectations down a bit. That being the latest book, I feel like the story has taken too numerous paths to keep the epic tale flowing fluently forward. However, that may very well be just because I'm so eager to find out what happens to so many of the likeable (my favourite) characthers that don't seem to get enough space because of so many other characthers and side (or main?) plots.

In overall however, I'm afraid that I'll reach the end of the Feast for Crows in next couple days. As far as I'm aware the latest Dance with Dragons book is yet to be translated for my favoured language, and I don't really fancy reading it in english.

Any thoughts, anyone? :)

u5zhkTY.gif

I've been reading several "New Adult" books lately (basically a genre in between Young Adult and Adult). I'm loving it. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire == OHMYGOD!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

so I got a load of sci fi to read at the moment. I'm currently 3/4 of the way through the second book in the Foundation series, Foundation and Empire. Its a great series and I'm hoping to have finished the third book by the 28th when the new Star Trek Voyager book comes out :D after that either more foundation or a start on more star trek novels. ALL the sci fi!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].