What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Cheers! An Intemperate History of Beer in Canada by Nicholas Pashley.

A man called Greg Schirf relocated to Utah in 1974, and a decade or so later started the Wasatch Brewery. This alone was a dodgy prospect in a state that is 70% Mormon, so theoretically teetotal [...]. Schirf dealt with this deilemma with humour, actively advertising beer called Evolution Amber Ale ("intelligently designed just for intelligent beer-drinkers") and Polygamy Porter ("why have just one?"). Schirf also promoted his porter with the slogan "Take some home for the wives." The more the complaints rolled in, the more the beer rolled out.

Highly recommended, although I'm only about 2/3 in (that's 185 pages).

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

After a while of CBA I finally finished Feast for Crows and shall be starting Dance with Dragons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The first one is completely wrong as dragons are embodiment of fire and others are embodiment's of ice, therefore not working because the dragon would just die.

Jorah wouldn't do that because last I heard he was in deep shit, literally.

Joffrey a nice young man, right after Dany gets burned in fire.

If you can not spot they were joke spoilers but only said you havent read DwD I am concerned considering events and facts from CoK, SoS and FfC kinda render all of them impossible especially FfC given that it runs parallel to DwD and give us at least a tiny snippet that indicates where Dany is quite late in the book.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

To be honest, I haven't even been following when it was being released, so I didn't even know it came out tomorrow. :P But I'll definitely be buying it!

I finally finished two of the books I was reading, and have started reading Seed by Rob Ziegler. I'm only on page 20 (just started tonight) but I have a feeling I'm really going to like it - it's proving to be a great read! Gotta love post-apocalyptic settings.

11601984.jpg

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Started re-reading the Inheritance Cycle. I remember picking up the book Eragon just because it had a dragon on the cover. I'm so glad I did ^-^

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Anyone getting JK Rowling's new book The Casual Vacancy tomorrow?

probably read it when I'm done with Forward the Foundation, but let me tell you that charging the same for an eBook as a hardback is very poor. I would have expected better.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

probably read it when I'm done with Forward the Foundation, but let me tell you that charging the same for an eBook as a hardback is very poor. I would have expected better.

I'm considering getting it myself, but it is rather pricey for an ebook and unsure if it will be my cup of tea.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The plot doesn't appeal to me at all (and dear god... THE COVER!!), so I won't be. :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Y'know, there's always libraries as a way of giving it a read in the future. It's apparently a very Britishy book and it's not going to appeal to everyone, but I think I'll probably enjoy it so I will read it, but it aint a Harry Potter book release... I'm not getting this book at midnight :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The cover was a bit surprising. I expected something more "adult" since I feel like that's the general theme around the book. But I do like the simplicity of the cover, so I can't hate to much.

I think most will remember/enjoy this book simply for it being a new JK Rowling's novel more then the plot. It just sounds like she wrote it to prove she could write something different from Harry Potter.

I'm planning on stopping by the bookstore later this afternoon, so I'll probably check it out, but I think it'll be something I'll ask for Christmas or something.

tFtfA.jpg

I ended up making it to the book store today and ended up walking out with Jo Nesbo's The Redbreast and Tom Drury's The End of Vandalism. I"m probably set on books to read through the end of the year now. I also just started The Book of Basketball by Bill Simons that comes in at over 700 pages.

tFtfA.jpg

Judging books by covers is so stupid.

:thumbup:

I judge a book by its cover in the sense that, if I see a book with an interesting looking cover I'm more prone to pick it up and read what the book is about... but I would never not buy a book because of its cover. The only exception I have to this rule is when new editions of a book are released because it's being made into a movie, and they slap a stupid "NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE" label on the cover, or put a picture of the actors on the cover. In that case, I always go up to Customer Service and order in an older edition sans movie sticker. :P

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The price for the book was another deciding factor for me. At least when you bought the Deadly Hallows, you knew what you were getting. WIth this book, you just don't know.

Although if price has been the ultimate deciding factor for anyone, Amazon has had the book on sale for $21 and their Kindle copy is $18. Still not the cheapest book around, but at least it's at a more reasonable price.

tFtfA.jpg