What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

interested reading the debate about young and new adult :) I was a bit 'meh' about the sound of new adult at first but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Young adult books are what I've been reading since 13, about teenagers, not really adults, despite the label. Young adult is where I am now, 20, where it feels like this really is the start of 'adult life'. I was a young adult at 17 but I certainly wouldn't say I was anything like an 'adult'. There's definitely something inbetween.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Anyone else ever picked up a book at random in a library, took it home and enjoyed it and then researched it only to find out you've just read the latest book in a series? :evil:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Anyone else ever picked up a book at random in a library, took it home and enjoyed it and then researched it only to find out you've just read the latest book in a series? :evil:

Can't say that I have. :lol:

I'm currently reading Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon.

13455542.jpg

It's good so far. Some of the hacking stuff is a little unbelievable (like the "awesome hacker" using a Mac--what awesome hacker would do that??), but I'm really enjoying the thriller/mystery parts of the book!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Nothing unbelievable about using a mac to hack. since it's based on the linux kernel, using terminal in a mac is pretty close to a linux shell...and any program you'd need to hack anything could be found for a mac.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Nothing unbelievable about using a mac to hack. since it's based on the linux kernel, using terminal in a mac is pretty close to a linux shell...and any program you'd need to hack anything could be found for a mac.

I know it's possible, but most probably wouldn't. :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I finished reading up to number 9 in the Sookie Stackhouse series, just got 10 and 11 today. I've also read Entangled by Cat Clarke for the second time. Its really good, at times it makes you laugh and others makes you want to cry. I also re-read Matched by Ally Condle, so I could read the next in the series. Got a stack of books to read too. Books everywhere!

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Just finished Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, good book with some interesting turns throughout. Biggest surprise was the the end of the book... Hard to believe after some of the events in the main book.

Now, starting to read The Dwarves By Markus Heitz

Finished reading Sky Dragons, the last of Anne Mccaffery's books. I loved her earlier works much better then when she and her son started co writing but I just had to finish the series. I'm not sure if her son has any plans to continue the series now with his monthers passing and not sure if i would buy any newer books. On one hand I want to see more of the Pern universe, esspecially after the humans on Pern start to rebuild a technological civilization and what role the dragon riders would play in that. But on the other i'm not sure how much more of Todd's writing style i could put up with.

Found magi'i of cyador and scion of cyador by L. E. Modesitt jr. at a used book store and reading those next to finish off his saga of recluce series.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

About to start reading Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell. Sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, aliens.. hope it's awesome!

13494718.jpg

Posted Image

An Ottoman Traveller by Evliya Celebi. Very interesting insight into the 17th century Muslim world.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Now, starting to read The Dwarves by Markus Heitz

Lemme know how it is plox :thumbsup:

Will do as soon as I finish (might be a little cause school starts tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...
Now, starting to read The Dwarves by Markus Heitz

Lemme know how it is plox :thumbsup:

Will do as soon as I finish (might be a little cause school starts tomorrow...

'Tis a great book! I finished it a little bit ago and forgot I'd say that... Anyway it is a great book so long as you like adventur-y type books and stuff like that.

'Tis a great book! I finished it a little bit ago and forgot I'd say that... Anyway it is a great book so long as you like adventur-y type books and stuff like that.

Awesome! :D I might buy it now, hehe.

Sorry about not being more particular, but I can't really without giving away some things from the book... I would try to do it gauged by importance, signifigance or what not, but some of the things will be more shocking depending on whether you've read books with dwarves before or anything like that. Biggest book it reminded me of while reading was the Inheritance series, except a better writer with quite a few different things.

I got the four latest books in the Horus Heresy series. It's been a while since I've read the last one, so I have a lot to catch up on.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!