What book are you currently reading?

sees_all1

Unfortunately Prophecy wasn't great. It took me a while to get through it. I'm glad to be moving on.

Has anyone here read Incarnate by Jodi Meadows?

8573642.jpg

I ended up with an advanced copy of the second book--Asunder--but I haven't read Incarnate yet. It gets a lot of mixed reviews.. It seems like people either love it (4 or 5 stars) or hate it (1 star). I'm a little scared about starting it lol. I'd love more opinions though if anyone has read it.

For now, I'm starting Bared to You by Sylvia Day, which is supposed to be the "so much better" version of 50 Shades of Grey. We'll see how this goes, considering I HATED 50 Shades.

13826979.jpg

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've been reading a lot of food-related books recently.

- Hungry City - How Food Shapes Our Lives, Carolyn Steel

- Fast Food Nation - What the All-American Meal is Doing to the World, Eric Schlosser

- Stuffed & Starved - From Farm to Fork, the Hidden Battle for the World Food System, Raj Patel

- Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper - A sweet-sour memoir of eating in China, Fuschia Dunlop

[hide]@Ashley: On a semi-related note, look what I found at the bookstore today. :P

15798628.jpg[/hide]

Hahaha. :D There are a bunch of funny parodies floating around these days. I haven't read any but they look/sound lulz.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Finished the casual vacancy. I liked it a lot, solid novel with good characters. The fact it came from JK Rowling doesn't really matter since its worlds apart from HP.

Starting on 1Q84, recommended by goodreads. Its a translated Japanese novel. Seems good so far a few chapters in. Having knowledge of Japanese culture means that its easier to immerse myself than when I read the Millennium series which had the slight problem of being jarring at times with references I don't get.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I recently made a start on reading the Oz books (the original 14) with intent to read the Wicked books afterwards.

First time I've actually read Wizard of Oz (I mean I knew the story, just never read the actual book) enjoyed it a lot moving onto the second one now which is The Emerald City in Oz if memory serves.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A while ago I realized I had no books to read and had heard people talking about the Wheel of Time books. I'm onto book 5 I believe and I've been really enjoying it, good to know there's quite a few more books to come. :D

Also looking forward to book 5 of The Gatekeepers, Oblivion, which is coming out April 1st. Originally thought it was going to be october but now it got pushed back. Still can't wait for it since I read the first book probably 7 years ago.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Right now I'm reading The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. It's... okay.. I think. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I was kind of hoping it'd be ground breaking and amazing and un-put-down-able. I feel like I don't really know where it's headed. It's not exactly bad though. Meh.

10576365.jpg

Posted Image

Red Country turned out to be as amazing as I'd hoped it would be! Kind of sad that I read it so quickly... now the long wait for whenever his next book comes out. :/

Started reading Mars by Ben Bova... realized that I was actually reading the THIRD book (Mars Life) in his Mars "series," so I abandoned it to read this one!

896684.jpg

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I'm currently reading MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza. I've been SO EXCITED for this book and I'm glad that it's AWESOME so far!! Artificial intelligence, military, Bourne Identity-esque... talk about awesome. I hope it stays that way. ;) Too many of my highly anticipated books have been let downs lately. :(

10222362.jpg

Posted Image

I just finished reading Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (I know, heavy stuff eh?).

The SW parody webcomic Blue Milk Special is almost finished with Empire and I wanted to brush up before they start making fun of it. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm currently reading MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza. I've been SO EXCITED for this book and I'm glad that it's AWESOME so far!! Artificial intelligence, military, Bourne Identity-esque... talk about awesome.

Tripsis, have you read the WWW trilogy? Based off of the description of the book you're reading, you'd like it.

I don't know if you've read the Ender's series(at least the goodreads account that I think is yours doesn't have it listed), but it's the same general idea.

An artificial intelligence has formed within the nodes of the internet and learns about humanity from a a young girl who recently had surgery to give her eyesight.

WWW: Wake

WWW: Watch

WWW: Wonder

~M

I'm currently reading MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza. I've been SO EXCITED for this book and I'm glad that it's AWESOME so far!! Artificial intelligence, military, Bourne Identity-esque... talk about awesome.

Tripsis, have you read the WWW trilogy? Based off of the description of the book you're reading, you'd like it.

I don't know if you've read the Ender's series(at least the goodreads account that I think is yours doesn't have it listed), but it's the same general idea.

An artificial intelligence has formed within the nodes of the internet and learns about humanity from a a young girl who recently had surgery to give her eyesight.

WWW: Wake

WWW: Watch

WWW: Wonder

I haven't read it. It sounds pretty cool though! I'll add it to my list and check it out soon. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Posted Image

so I've finally finished 1Q84, a long slog of a book since its essentially a collection of 3 novels. I think it is best to read it consecutively. I found it exciting at times, a bit dull in others and very repetitive. I know its supposed to be a bit meta but the ending was seriously boring. The climax was probably in the middle and the aftermath of that, which takes up a book and a half, is nowhere near entertaining enough. I liked the characters at least and it wasn't a bad book but the ending let me down.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing a book-related new-year's resolution. Something along the lines of "read one book a week" or (preferably, although I don't know if I can pull it off) 2 books a week. There's a lot of books I've been meaning to read lately and haven't gotten around to them, so I'm thinking that setting a goal like this will significantly help trim-down my to-read list.

Reading 1 nonfiction book a week for an entire year is the equivalent of earning a PhD in that field btw

77yLQy8.png

I'm thinking of doing a book-related new-year's resolution. Something along the lines of "read one book a week" or (preferably, although I don't know if I can pull it off) 2 books a week. There's a lot of books I've been meaning to read lately and haven't gotten around to them, so I'm thinking that setting a goal like this will significantly help trim-down my to-read list.

Reading 1 nonfiction book a week for an entire year is the equivalent of earning a PhD in that field btw

Assuming they are all in the same field of course :P

I struggle with non-fiction. I'm still only 1/5th of the way through Origin of the Species.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That's because nonfiction tends to be fairly dull and tedious. Real life doesn't have near enough dragon attacks or zombie plagues.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm the opposite-- I'd rather watch a movie or play video games than read a fiction book. But I really enjoy reading non-fiction if it's something that will directly benefit me. Easy for me to maintain interest when I can imagine the perks of learning whatever I'm reading about

77yLQy8.png