Spot stealing wrong?

Zierro

this thread is so much like the crashing thread and lol @ anyone in denial of that

the same repeated opinions and claims will just circle around and around.

This post is exactly like all the other posts that say there is no difference in the threads. LOL!!!

If one were to actually read the first post instead of just the title, the intrinsic differences would be apparent:

"So here is a more specific question: Why does Jagex think resource competing (something that could be deemed immoral and selfish in real life) isn't breaking the fourth wall of real morality - but other acts such as name calling and scamming are?"

"I crash people. I crash Bandos, I crash DK's, I crash TD's. I do it regularly. And when I choose to crash, I always win. I have a steel titan, the best equipment, access to overloads, turmoil, and maxed stats. If I want to crash you, chances are you'll have to hop worlds."

Whoever was there first already had their turn using the spot, so he should leave so that the person that comes later gets his turn using the spot.

Being there first obligates you to leave? That doesn't sound like a very solid system.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is so much like the crashing thread and lol @ anyone in denial of that

This post is exactly like all the other posts that say there is no difference in the threads. LOL!!!

If one were to actually read the first post instead of just the title, the intrinsic differences would be apparent:

"So here is a more specific question: Why does Jagex think resource competing (something that could be deemed immoral and selfish in real life) isn't breaking the fourth wall of real morality - but other acts such as name calling and scamming are?"

"I crash people. I crash Bandos, I crash DK's, I crash TD's. I do it regularly. And when I choose to crash, I always win. I have a steel titan, the best equipment, access to overloads, turmoil, and maxed stats. If I want to crash you, chances are you'll have to hop worlds."

The point is that regardless of whatever nuanced differences you might assign the two based on the OP, the responses and general themes are the same.

in the end, people just need to stop raging about trivial matters.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The point is that regardless of whatever nuanced differences you might assign the two based on the OP, the responses and general themes are the same.

This. I really don't understand why this thread hasn't been locked. There is nothing that will be said in this thread that has not been said a hundred times in the other thread.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's really a case-by-case type of thing for many resources (resources including monsters...)

Here's a colorful analogy!:

On American highways the left lane is the "fast lane" or passing lane and the right lane is for those wishing to go the speed limit or sometimes a bit lower.

On RuneScape servers with more people, resources spawn faster. Higher level players kill monsters and collect resources quicker and need the higher population worlds.

In real life, if someone goes slowly in the left lane (when fewer people are on the road it is considered good etiquette for them to switch lanes) those wishing to go faster will get angry and pass them.

In RuneScape, if a slower player who can't take full advantage of faster-respawning world chooses to use one they run the risk of a 'faster' ( ;) ) player taking that spot for their own.

A specific example I commonly run into during Slayer is for Warped Tortoise tasks. There are two spawns in the first room and they die quite quickly, and if I don't use a 1.5k+ world I end up having to wait for spawns.

2dgucz6.png

Yep, lesson learned. Nobody even answered the first post except for like two. I forgot what General was about.

I think spot stealing can be annoying in some instances such as mining iron ore by the dungeon resource bank.

The person who gets the iron ore is the person who has the better connection not mining level.

And having internet connect doesn't equal any type of skill in my opinion.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• 3 weeks later...