A Time for Glory Planning Thread

jasignhagj

I'm in the allies, right?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I'm Brazil. Remember?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I decided against it, it would hinder your expansion. And I'm already down as Brazil, it was one of the choices. Look on the front page.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And that Kiddies is why cocaine caffeine is not substitute for sleep.

Right then, sorry about that :wall: . On a game related note, is steampunk going to be an integral part of the game or just an option?

LNYvk.png

Perhaps we should list what is acceptable technology and what is not...

Also:

Tanks, with a year or two research, should be more than capable of pentrating trench lines...

Likewise, with only short research creating Anti-Tank mines would be possible, swinging trench warfare back into the fray.

While another short step into chain-sweepers would swing things back once more.

From there the creation of anti-sweeper mines would take things back again.

But such progression requires knowladge of what happened, or it cannot be embarked upon.

More than this if I were to research tanks and not use them till I have a thousand, I could breach the lines and advance squarely before any counterance could be discovered, throwing the game into disarray.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I just noticed that the railgun was invented in 1918, was submitet for US patent in 1919 and recieved said patent in 1922. :twisted:

Nah seriously, the railgun is of much simpler design than the coilgun and as opposed to the coilgun it is rather a modified design rather than an invention, it is actually just a modified linear motor. Now if I can make one that works on four-phase current...

Btw, would it in any way help me if I provided the electrical schematics for what I "invent"?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

In my experiance with Retech and Dusty....No.

In my own opinion....No.

Also an example why Schematics are not altogether useful in this kind of a game:

[hide]Fv7nW.jpg[/hide]

Whats that? You have an unbreakable code? Well I have a computer.

(Is it a computer? Can anyone tell what it actually is? It's Babbage's Difference Engine Number 2...But be honest, could you have guessed that?)

Also, an example of why Electrical Drawings are not helpful:

[hide]kMUMR.png[/hide]

In the words of Rolf Harris:

Can you tell what it is yet?

Its an electrical difference engine...Enigma? *Pulls out pocket calculator* Eat Maths Germany.1

1. The Enigma and Computer were invented during World War 2.

Archi, electronics is the use of advanced components and batteries/DC current, electrics use simple components and AC current. Electrics don't use ICs, inductors, resistors, etc. and as such the only near-unpredictabillity is the electromagnetic properties. However as they are known in most cases where they matter, that removes the problem. As you see in my drawing (which is complex compared to most electric drawings, it only uses a 4-phase AC generator, 2 capacitor banks, a contactor, a button and four metal rails with a ground that is connected to both the generator and the casing for the metal rails. The two only parts of that that someone might not recognise is the contactor, for which the drawing is pretty self explanatory and the capacitors.

Rocco, IMO technological advancement is most of the fun.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Archi, electronics is the use of advanced components and batteries/DC current, electrics use simple components and AC current. Electrics don't use ICs, inductors, resistors, etc. and as such the only near-unpredictabillity is the electromagnetic properties. However as they are known in most cases where they matter, that removes the problem. As you see in my drawing (which is complex compared to most electric drawings, it only uses a 4-phase AC generator, 2 capacitor banks, a contactor, a button and four metal rails with a ground that is connected to both the generator and the casing for the metal rails. The two only parts of that that someone might not recognise is the contactor, for which the drawing is pretty self explanatory and the capacitors.

Rocco, IMO technological advancement is most of the fun.

tRogc.jpg

I reiterate:

The point is that a mod has no way to test it.

There are several electrical simulators available for free.

The reason that perpetual motion machine doesn't work is because of the energy used whilst the levers are folding back in. :ugeek:

EDIT: Wait, wrong machine. :oops:

The reason it doesn't work is because the weight of the cone is place on the preassure pads, meaning it has to expend energy to leave said pads, eventually leading to 0 joule of energy left. :ugeek:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There are several electrical simulators available for free.

Sigh, yup, here is my mustard gas mine schematic:

Y9IyQ.png

As you can see it works, the current goes round and the mustard gas emitter sprays the yellow mustard gas around.

The reason that perpetual motion machine doesn't work is because of the energy used whilst the levers are folding back in

You are wrong, the energy that the device produces is greater than the energy the device uses, as shown here:

QDdGC.png

[/sarcasm post]

So...Once again...I reiterate:

The point is that a mod has no way to test it.

Without an understanding of the concepts involved and a way to test it in real life, there is no way for someone to test it.

Ok guys, can we just stick with normal stuff. I mean schematicts are pretty and all, but I don't think in anyway should they boost you in the game.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Okay, if Mather keeps up the technobabble then I'm out. It's just ridiculous, it's the mod's game, he'll give you what you get.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

We're trying to hit the mute button until the commercials are over. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'll give it a shot.

Italy, please.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Hang on, i'll look through the backlogs to see who took what. I based my choice off of the first post.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Rocco already took Italy earth, may I suggest that you balance out the teams and join the allies?

The allies?

Archi and Nero are in the allies... They're pretty powerful.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

France, i guess. Vive la revolution! (Horribly mangeled, apologies to those who can speak french better than a lab rat.) Anyways, I guess i want to also bash on Techy, he keeps making these infuriating French Jokes. They annoy me for some very obscure reason.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]