A Time for Glory Planning Thread

jasignhagj

Purple is Ottoman Empire.

Sage Green is Austro-Hungary.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm Vanilla Techs...

I think we should abandon the steampunk stuff and just play a war game.

This.

At best I feel research should just improve stuff we already have, or a group of research leads up to a specific thing.

I mean freedom research is cool and all, and I'm not against it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Yeah, if person X says 'I throw my cigar into a metal engine which contains the chemical name for jet fuel'....Then it just explodes...Or building a massive cannon made out of electro-magnets...It just melts.

Tanks, Aircraft, Artiliary, Rifles, Tactics, Strategy, Mines, Fortifications, Hygine, Dreadnoughts, Transports and Logistics....That seems like a decent enough list of all the techs...

Then you can level 3 up per year.

Sound good?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

What, Grim? You aren't on the original reserves list...

Goddamnit. I'll reserve the Ottoman Empire for now I guess.

And what's wrong with railguns when they're usually worse than normal guns? I, for one, simply want the option of having battle walkers instead of tanks. They're less stable anyways, just with a bit better movement. Probably more expensive as well.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Heh I think I'll take Austria-Hungary (whee most likely the first person to get destroyed).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

New Iberia is Spain, Japan and China are there too. There was supposed to be a section called Independant Powers, I must have deleted it by accident.

So ICU is USA, Rocco is Italy, Mather is Scandinavia and Archi is Germany. We need more Allied players.

Austria is the Green-Brown County, and The Ottoman Empire is purple.

Economy works like this. There are 5 province values, Gold is worth 1,000,000 , and represents rare resources like gold, diamonds or high industry areas. Green is worth 500,000 and represents industry, or resources like coal, sulfur and other valuable materials. Yellow is worth 250,000 and represents fertile farmland, resources like iron and lumber, and other important but common goods. Orange is worth 50,000 and represents low quality farmland and other livable but not valuable land. Red is worth a measly 10,000 and represents areas like desert, tundra, swampland, and other generally worthless land. This total is then multiplied by your industrial level, which is based on how modern your nation's infrastructure is. For example, China has a lot of land, but a a low infrastructure score, while Italy has less land, but a higher infrastructure score.

Research is split into five branches. Army, Navy, Defense, Infrastructure and Industry. To research something new, you must post a plan that states the estimated time to research, the costs, and what the tech will do. Secret research is allowed, but will slow down research time.

Retech is Japan. :P

... What? How do we know what nations have what resources and infrastructure? Why does secret research take longer?

And do you really think anyone but Dusty would go against Archi and his allies?

EDIT: And Allies could, of course, be the opposing NPC force if you so desire... That might be a tad boring though, unless you did it really well.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That's what I thinking.

Does the game really need to be that loyal to history :P?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Dreadnoughts for the wealthier powers (Britain, Austro-Hungary, Germany, France, Japan, Russia, US) and pre-Dreadnoughts for the rest of the peoplez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

... What? How do we know what nations have what resources and infrastructure? Why does secret research take longer?

And do you really think anyone but Dusty would go against Archi and his allies?

Secret research takes longer as you have to hide it from people. I may have confused you with the different province values. The only resource that matters is money, those that I gave were just examples. Same with Infrastructure, the value just represents the general level of industry and tech in your nation.

Ive got to go for supper. The rest of the rules will be up tonight. Once again, feel free to voice your opinion if you don't like something, I'm open to change.

Boooring. The more customization we have for our soldiers and vehicles, the better. Hasn't Hegemony always been about creativity? :P

EDIT: Spork, I mean, how do we know which countries have higher or lower values? The map doesn't even indicate the names.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Here is the list for the great powers of 1900, which seems to be more accurate than the 1919 list, for the alternate history in this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_powers

Austro-Hungary

British Empire

Empire of Japan

France

German Empire

Italy

Russian Empire

United States

Alternate history... as in real-life power held at the time is completely irrelevant unless the mod wishes it to be Retech. :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Boooring. The more customization we have for our soldiers and vehicles, the better. Hasn't Hegemony always been about creativity? :P

Was this directed at me or the earlier posts? I've never said you couldn't customize your armies, and in fact I will take such things into consideration during battle reports.

Nation names aren't on the map for the simple reason that I never got around to it. Tomorrow when I create the real thread, it will have an atlas with info on all the player countries, along with major NPC countries.

It was merely a suggestion Nex. :)

And yes, I was wondering about the province values. Will that be posted later?

I think research should just get structured properly...I am sick of alternatively being stuffed by people who had no creativity, and people who people who have read a wikipedia article and convinced the mod their idea will work.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Mmmm Vanilla Techs...

I think we should abandon the steampunk stuff and just play a war game.

This.

At best I feel research should just improve stuff we already have, or a group of research leads up to a specific thing.

I mean freedom research is cool and all, and I'm not against it.

... but when Mather has railguns in 1922, that's when we have a problem.

You know railguns doesn't mean WTFOMGSUPERWEAPON, it just means high-powered linear electric motor. That's like saying greek fire is overpowered because it is a chemical incindiary weapon just like napalm.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

<- Agrees with Archi.

Back in YOH, Retech turned his superweapons into piles of clart. Beyond just having weaknesses, he just said they were overpowered and nerfed them.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

What's a clart?

If you recall, Spain had complete knowledge of the upcoming attack and prepared fully for it, with a plan to counter everything within the attack. The hulls of the ships weren't considerably stronger than a regular ship of the same size, meaning they were easily targeted by a prepared defence on shore.

That and the betrayal by Doom's fleet contributed to the chaos that made it difficult for the far superior weaponary of Archi's superweapon ships from having as much of an effect.

So are we keeping to the allied axis thing? Or are we allowed to forge alliances outside of that? Because there is quite an inbalance in the teams, if we do stick to the allied axis thing, I'll change teams :P

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Retech... no. Just no. That's over and done, and you made them underpowered even before that.

Clart is a swear from Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan.

RIP Dawngate ;-;