A Time for Glory Planning Thread

jasignhagj

^

So we're doing that?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm. I actually think I'll be Oman... perhaps...

Gack. I don't know.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Proposed Research:

Action: Japan announces research on improved aircraft carriers

Result: Development of an upgraded version of the old seaplane carriers used in world war one, with expanding capability and range

Reason 1: Japanese already used planes launched from seaplane carriers in 1914, giving them unique insight into the flaws and advantages of the aircraft carrier (allowing improvements on things other nations probaly don't know about)

Reason 2: Japanese government during the time period has been incredibly supportive of military technology research

Reason 3: The battles that the Japanese participated in with old aircraft carriers had positive outcomes, reinforcing the belief that carriers were the next generation of vessels.

Proposed Time to completion: 10 years

Proposed Cost: Five million (so 500,000 per year)

Proposed Research:

Action: Japan announces research on improving industrial efficiency through scientific solutions

Result: Improvement of industrial efficiency and slightly reduced cost for upkeep of mechanical units

Reason 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_efficiency (Clearly possible)

Reason 2: Japanese government directly controls the strings to many Industrial conglomarates

Reason 3: Japanese business frequently work and participate in the government

Proposed Time to completion: 1 year

Proposed Cost: 500,000

Proposed Project:

Action: Japanese government subsidizes heavy industry conglomarates like Mitsubishi and works with those conglomarates and workers to create legendary Japanese efficiency

Result: Increased heavy industry output and efficiency. Improved national morale due to drop in unemployment.

Reason 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu (There is also a version before the end of world war two) Historically, this kind of cooperation helped Japan prosper.

Reason 2: Heavy industry output due to war time often relieves unemployment, as seen when the US entered world war two

Reason 3: The industrial conglomarates already exist

Proposed time to completion: 1 year

Proposed Cost: Five hundred thousand

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Just setting it up, Rocco. :)

Retech, perhaps you could include some indicators as to how much of an increase you are looking for with your projects and researches.

For example:

Action: Japan announces research on improved aircraft carriers

Result: New Unit type- The Water-Plane, costs 60,000£ with upkeep of 6,000£, New Unit type- Early Aircraft Carrier, costs 4,000,000£, upkeep of 800,000£, carries 10 Water-Planes.

Action: Japan announces research on improving industrial efficiency through scientific solutions

Result: Industry increases by 0.08

Action: Japanese government subsidizes heavy industry conglomarates like Mitsubishi and works with those conglomarates and workers to create legendary Japanese efficiency

Result: Industry increases by .1

That way other players would know what kind of effect you were looking at, and what they should be getting if they ask.

Just a thought =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I was planning to talk that over with Spork about the specifics, but I just posted them here because they weren't supposed to be secret. It's just there to give people an idea.

Also, I wanted to let Spork decide rather than have my start asking for something, so that it can stay consistent with his system. I didn't really know much about it, so I decided that it wouldn't help if I made even an estimate.

I am just thinking that if we are always vague then when 5 projects complete, four of them secret, it will appear as though one action generated a massive advantage, which, from experiance, annoys people no end.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Project- The grand American highway system

Reason 1: The invention of the automobile is revolutionary for transport and industry.

Reason 2: People depend less on trains for a public transportation, allows more resources and such to be transported.

Reason 3: Smaller towns without a train station will be able to get around the country, meaning hopefully people will be able to find jobs from other areas.

Effect: Huge increase to industrisation (1. to 2.) As America will probably gain monopoly on automobiles, trains now transport a lot more resources, people buy a load of cars, unemployment drops due to more jobs available.

Cost: 20,000,000 (4,000,000 a year?)

Time: 5 years or 20 turns

Proposed Research- Pill boxes (Army?)

Reason 1: Germany is one of the leaders of military tech, they would provide a great influence for American scientists

Reason 2: Possibilities of another great war are looming, we must be prepared

Reason 3: Machine guns are indespensible to the changing war scene, and utilising them would be the best option.

Effect: Pill boxes are invented I guess?

Cost: 500,000 From the USA

Time: 6 turns

Proposed Research- Improved Fuel production and cracking (Industry)

Reason 1: Automobiles, tanks, planes all use fuel, and so production of said fuels are neccesarry to keep up with the industrialisation of the world

Reason 2: Crude oils can be expensive, and so being more efficient will save money in the long run.

Reason 3: Cheaper fuel prices for people who use automobiles, and in the upkeep of tanks and planes.

Effect: Industry score raised slightly(Between 0.05 and 0.15, perhaps 0.15 when the project is completed) and the upkeep of tanks and planes is lowered. (Minus about $250 from tanks and $500 from planes?)

Cost: 1,000,000

Time: 4 turns

Can we have multiple projects?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Icu, you realize that the first project would triple your income?

Yeah... America practically exploded in economy when the highway system was invented.

I watched a documentary not too long ago, and there are quite a few things America did that just exploded their economy. It's not like you guys can't do it either, it only worked so well for America cause of their size, it used to take months to get across America, after it was invented it took less than a week.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Actually yeah, I realise after doing the math how unreasonable that sounds. I guess I will talk to Spork about it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Yeah... America practically exploded in economy when the highway system was invented.

I watched a documentary not too long ago, and there are quite a few things America did that just exploded their economy. It's not like you guys can't do it either, it only worked so well for America cause of their size, it used to take months to get across America, after it was invented it took less than a week.

It would probaly be cheaper and more effective for Japan, because shipping by water is easier than shipping by land, and over shorter distances too. And it's not that Spork gave America any disadvantages due to its size, so I don't see why it would fix anything when you built the highways.

As I recall, the highways were built in the 1950s or something.

Well I'm not doing it to ALL of America, as not all of America is mine. So the cost would be cheaper. It'll probably be a future project to do the rest of the south.

I'm toning it down now, I can see where the unreasonableness is.

Oh and, yeah it was done then, but I'm doing a 1920 version where the roads aren't as effective, so it should be cheaper

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It should also be at risk of destruction, because you're kinda at war.

Well then I'm changing projects then, there's no way I'm spending that amount of money to have it destroyed before I can even use it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It's what makes hegemony fun :D.

Don't worry, I'ma change projects, hopefully one that will last until the war is over.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Bah, I'll join in as well

Project goal: Subsidized industry

Result: Industry increased, greater production of goods +.02 industry/year.

Reason: It makes all of France modernized and promotes the growth of critical infrastructure.

Reason: Can't let the Germans be the only large producer of steel

Reason: Why not?

Cost: 1 million/year continues indefinitely 5 years to see any real growth

Project goal: Subsidized Farming (Give farmers money to keep the prices low)

Result: Fat/happy people in general, Cut down on general starvation

Reason: A Fat/happy populace is easy to control

Reason: Starvation is detrimental towards national welfare

Cost: !.5 million/year continues indefinitely 1 year to see change of prices. Possible dominance of France as a bread basket.

Project goal: Increased Law Enforcement/Harsher Colonial Laws

Result: An influx of prisoners and a more ordered Colonial society.

Reason: The godless savages need law and order

Reason: A Burnt hand teaches best

Reason: The president says so

Cost: 1 million/year continues indefinitely possible dissatisfaction in the colonies.

Any problems?

LNYvk.png

Result needs an actual statistic if you want it to affect your stats. For example, if you want the first project to give you + .02 Industry a year, you need to say that. For the second one, it doesn't need a stat, but will be taken into consideration when I create rebellions and such.