Oh noes, Maeror has a question!

Woofkittens

Hello all, I was wondering if I should spend some of my current cashpile (35m) on getting 85-88 summon (bursting rock lobsters), Currently 89 Herblore, planning to duo TD's with a long time friend who will be ranging, got C Rapier for the Demons and was wondering if I should spend the cash on 88 summon,

Cheers

Maeror Meror

Maeror_Meror.png

Proud Owner Of The Quest Cape

Proud Owner Of The Attack Cape

Proud Owner Of The Defence Cape

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Misc: Ranger boots, Dragonic Visage, Guthix bow,

I would say so, you're not too far from 88 and a Unicorn really helps a lot there letting you get more kills per trip. Chances are you'll make the money back from Claw drops eventually as well.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I would say so, you're not too far from 88 and a Unicorn really helps a lot there letting you get more kills per trip. Chances are you'll make the money back from Claw drops eventually as well.

Thank you Blood Ilu. Any Ideas on setup? 87 magic atm

Maeror_Meror.png

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Any mitre

Ahrim top/bottom

inf boots

arcane stream necklace

barrows gloves

sw cape

ring of life

sol/ancient staff/master wand

unholy book

or if you can stand fog, use battlerobes instead of ahrims and mitre.

have proselyte body/legs in inventory for luring.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Thanks for the responses guys, If anyone else has opinions, they are greatly appreciated :D

Maeror_Meror.png

Also, what inventory should I use?

Maeror_Meror.png

Yes, you should get a unicorn for TDs.

Can't give much input on current best barraging setups- I got my 99 summon a loooong time ago.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Setup i used was something like this:

Ah Hood, Skirt and Top.

Mage Book.

Master Wand (although i suggest a SoL now seeing as it's cheaper).

Infinity Boots.

Seer's (i) (assuming you have 300 MA Rank).

Fury (i'm sure you don't really want to spend more time at DG now).

Barrow's Gloves.

God Cape.

My invo looked something like this:

Prossy Plate + Legs (For luring).

Barrage/Burst Runes.

EE (Now EEE) [Take this incase you mess up a lure].

Teletab.

The take a few Prayer Potions.

You don't really need a RoL there. Dying is really hard. Even with lagg or dc you probably won't die.

Use ring of life. Rock lobsters hit fast, but the hits are relatively low, so chances are it WILL save you. (e.g. it they will hit you low enough to hit the 10% mark). The +4/+8 magic attack from seers/seers (i) is so insignificant, it's not worth the risk.

You never know when the power goes out or your internet disconnects.

On another note: keep your magic attack above 70, and you're fine. 100+ is a waste, and could be used on prayer bonus, for longer trips/less cost per charm.

Also, arcane stream is definitely worth the 4-5 more dungeons (though there's rumours that it only increases the damage on the targeted lobster (e.g. will hit +15% on the one you attack, normal on the rest))

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

The arcane stream is handy for finishing off the one rock lobster left after a few casts, but yes, it doesn't matter very much when hitting 9 targets.

As for prayer bonus, I bring 4 items for luring: sw cape, stole, proselye platebody and falador shield 3. The shield doubles as a prayer potion. The total prayer bonus of that gear is 37, so you should really never need any other items. You can just use a max setup. Costs of prayer potions are very insignificant anyway. I can do 1k casts on 2 pots and a shield (1k casts with sol, so actually 1150+ casts).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Setup and invent: jtxr2t.png

I think I'm about ready to go

any clue on the waterbirth door chat?

Maeror_Meror.png

'burstinglobs cc'

I would REALLY recommend battle robes, as these save half of the runes.

And umm if you can borrow a SGS, i know its not common there, but i use mine all the time. With it, i need ½ a prayer pot per 3k casts or so. ;)

Good luck :)

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

'burstinglobs cc'

And umm if you can borrow a SGS, i know its not common there, but i use mine all the time. With it, i need ½ a prayer pot per 3k casts or so. ;)

I'm not really motivated to get the robes and I can't really get a sgs, but I'll still be quite efficient right?

Maeror_Meror.png

'burstinglobs cc'

I'm not really motivated to get the robes and I can't really get a sgs, but I'll still be quite efficient right?

Yep as I said im probably the only one to use that. XD

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Yeah but it's not worth buying for a few lobster trips then trying to sell again right?

Maeror_Meror.png

SGS isn't worth it, really. Neither are the magic potions I think. Otherwise you're good to go, with one note: that setup will last for hours and hours.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted