The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

Nope.

You obviously have not seen the mods there are. You can find mods to change the entire combat system of oblivion, this could be done with a mod.

v

Those mods took quite a while before they came to light. Deadly Reflex 6 was the most recent overhaul. Streamline, unnecessary violence, etc. They took a while, and the same applies to any future mods that would require heavy scripting and the like of that.

Can't wait for the game and the mod kit which will probably downloadable soon after.

I said it could be done, and it probably can.

Gameplay trailer up tomorrow.

The link leads to a countdown clock. I guess it will be out ten tomorrow? Or around that time?

Just be there and enjoy it. :)

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

That's crap, if they put out a countdown before the trailer was released, they should have damn well been ready when the timer hit zero.

Edit: They got it back up, they had to update the site i'm guessing, but that should have been done the second it hit zero instead of making us wait 10 minutes. And it's still loading.

A part of me is thinking that it's up and working, but there's so many people trying to access it that the servers have gone down..?

This video better be like, 20 minutes long 3:<

Edit: IE's gotten further than Chrome - I've got to the Select Your Language/DOB Page

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

There we go, it's buffering. If you don't have a video by now, try refreshing. and yes it is a long loading time.

Edit: I tried in firefox and it got to that, and then went back to chrome. Chrome loads faster so it'd be the better option. The page isn't fully loaded yet and I don't have how long the video is yet.

Try refreshing, and only have 1 tab open. If you have 3 tabs trying to load at the same time it only slows you down.

The page is still loading but for the most part it's done.

Edit: I don't quite think the video is buffering but i'm afraid to refresh...

Edit2: and it went down.

Is that it? The combat looks exactly like oblivion, they're still going with the 1st person view, I liked the U3PC much better, the graphics don't look like much of an improvement and, well it's TES, you don't play them for their story. We saw like 5 enemies, 1 of which i'm sure is a boss (dat dragon). and we didn't really see any gameplay. It was cutscenes, or people walking in town.

As long as it can be modded I will still get the game but the trailer was very disappointing.

By the way, could someone remove the poll this thread? It serves no purpose and is only annoying to scroll past every time.

Done. :) Now that we have some footage, it isn't really needed.

What a great 'lil trailer. Beautiful looking, and the combat looks a lot more life like, in my opinion. The camera view looks really good in 3rd person and the animations look on par...and at around 1:20-ish there is a horse, so perhaps Todd was crying foul when he said horses may not be in. I hope. Please.

So I'm a little opposite you Nenga, I thought the trailer was fantastic and its 100 steps up from Oblivion, though this is my opinion of course.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Well I say they're FFVIII'ing us. Showing a bunch of cutscenes to show us how good the game will look and how epic it is. And it looks like oblivion. Keep in mind, they have the money to buy a computer to run the game at optimal performance. But maybe that's just my modded as hell game talking. All natural, better cities, ambient dungeons, I haven't actually looked at vanilla in awhile.

Those environment are are amazing. Also @Nenga, if this is the 360 version then no doubt it won't look too much better than Oblivion, Skyrim is still on the same 6 year hardware Oblivion was on. I think it's time to upgrade my rig. :thumbup:

vizardsig-1.png

If that fight with the dragon turns out to be a real in-game event... I can only see it being like that with a bunch of quick-time-events. I really hope that isn't the case, but other than that it looks amazing :thumbup:.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If that fight with the dragon turns out to be a real in-game event... I can only see it being like that with a bunch of quick-time-events. I really hope that isn't the case, but other than that it looks amazing :thumbup:.

Dragons are a common enemy in Skyrim, essentially most of them will probably just fly around and when they see you (Or whatever they want to [bleep] up.) They will attack. Hopefully they are as epic as this one.

Here is a gif if anyone wants it.

theelderscrollsv_skyri2ms9.gif

vizardsig-1.png

Dragons are a common enemy in Skyrim, essentially most of them will probably just fly around and when they see you (Or whatever they want to [bleep] up.) They will attack. Hopefully they are as epic as this one.

Here is a gif if anyone want's it.

theelderscrollsv_skyri2ms9.gif

As a subscriber to Game Informer I have read that Dragons will be immensely fierce and will show up at random to destroy towns, and you of course. Your character being a Dragonborn, allows you to speak the language of the dragons. One power actually allows you to say the true name of a legendary dragon, in turn, calling him forth to fight by your side. The graphics look amazing, the story is gonna be jam packed with action and suspense. Along with the occasional humor. The Elder Scrolls has been story driven from day 1. A new engine is going to allow them to do some interesting stuff with the landscape and weather effects. Now you can even dual wield weapons/spells, along with change your hand equips on the fly. A new menu system is gonna blow your pants off, and the perks are now pick-able much like in Fallout and New Vegas. I seriously can't wait until this hits stores. Im gonna die of starvation. lol

Gundolf.png

Gundolf.png