The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

I did see some new combat abilities: like that assassin and spell shot out of the staff.

Either way I think it's going to be a great game. I've only started playing Oblivion and it's already one of my well liked games. The 5th should be good too.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If that fight with the dragon turns out to be a real in-game event... I can only see it being like that with a bunch of quick-time-events. I really hope that isn't the case, but other than that it looks amazing :thumbup:.

Dragons are a common enemy in Skyrim, essentially most of them will probably just fly around and when they see you (Or whatever they want to [bleep] up.) They will attack. Hopefully they are as epic as this one.

Here is a gif if anyone want's it.

theelderscrollsv_skyri2ms9.gif

As a subscriber to Game Informer I have read that Dragons will be immensely fierce and will show up at random to destroy towns, and you of course. Your character being a Dragonborn, allows you to speak the language of the dragons. One power actually allows you to say the true name of a legendary dragon, in turn, calling him forth to fight by your side. The graphics look amazing, the story is gonna be jam packed with action and suspense. Along with the occasional humor. The Elder Scrolls has been story driven from day 1. A new engine is going to allow them to do some interesting stuff with the landscape and weather effects. Now you can even dual wield weapons/spells, along with change your hand equips on the fly. A new menu system is gonna blow your pants off, and the perks are now pick-able much like in Fallout and New Vegas. I seriously can't wait until this hits stores. Im gonna die of starvation. lol

Yes you sound kind of like a fanboy.

"OMGOSH THIS WILL BEH TEH BEST GAME EVARISH!!!!!!1111111111 *geekgasm*"

The trailer on it's own was kinda neat, but the music. Dat music. It's glorious.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

This seems to apply well here, really you guys are getting way too hyped over a trailer that didn't show anything. Atleast with the oblivion trailer you got an idea of what the story was. So unless the story is "go kill dragons lul" it didn't show much about the game.

This seems to apply well here, really you guys are getting way too hyped over a trailer that didn't show anything. Atleast with the oblivion trailer you got an idea of what the story was. So unless the story is "go kill dragons lul" it didn't show much about the game.

We'd be way too overhyped if we creamed our pants or whatever. I'm only impressed by the gloriously reprised Elder Scrolls theme.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Did you not listen to the trailer?

The story is: after the gates oblivion, dragons came out. You are Dragon Born, so you will kill dragons.

And most of us are extremely excited because this is the first in game video of Skyrim. I've been following these games since Morrowind, so anything Bethesda throws at me is going to make me [bleep]. We are fans of the game, and I am very sorry that you are not.

Stellactic.gif

I liked oblivion, didn't play morrowind, I just think the trailer didn't show very much improvement, the graphics look normal, the little gameplay it showed didn't look like it improved any, and most of the "game" it showed was cutscenes, or appeared to be cutscenes. The trailer did not impress me.

It showed improved animations, improved graphics, more varied surroundings and dragons.

So screw you. :thumbup:

The last part wasn't needed, but facial models have had a big improvement. Just look at Vanilla Oblivion...

nondrick004.jpg

Image explains itself.

vizardsig-1.png

I liked oblivion, didn't play morrowind, I just think the trailer didn't show very much improvement, the graphics look normal, the little gameplay it showed didn't look like it improved any, and most of the "game" it showed was cutscenes, or appeared to be cutscenes. The trailer did not impress me.

It was all in-game footage.

Including the part where the dragon was attacking and the PC was fighting back. I remember Gstaff (or some toher important forum-dweller) at Bethesda forums saying that.

The Creation Engine is their newly built engine and everything looks fantastic. Even the particle physics are incredible sounding. I've been following these games since Arena and Daggerfall, so I'm pretty sure Bethesda won't let down--especially since there is information out there other than the trailer that tells a lot about the game.

I'm just curious, though. What parts of the gameplay did you know find enchanting? I found Finishing moves looked incredibly fluid, duel wielding was briefly shown, and so was the sprinting ability. Above all, the spell effects looked great. Even the 3rd person view looked great. Even the sneak attack with the Axe was simply awesome. I guess what I'm getting at is no animations look the same from Oblivion. I'm just curious about your point of view.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Is that it? The combat looks exactly like oblivion, they're still going with the 1st person view, I liked the U3PC much better, the graphics don't look like much of an improvement and, well it's TES, you don't play them for their story. We saw like 5 enemies, 1 of which i'm sure is a boss (dat dragon). and we didn't really see any gameplay. It was cutscenes, or people walking in town.

As long as it can be modded I will still get the game but the trailer was very disappointing.

The only thing worse than playing an Elder Scrolls game in 3rd person view is playing it on a console.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Is that it? The combat looks exactly like oblivion, they're still going with the 1st person view, I liked the U3PC much better, the graphics don't look like much of an improvement and, well it's TES, you don't play them for their story. We saw like 5 enemies, 1 of which i'm sure is a boss (dat dragon). and we didn't really see any gameplay. It was cutscenes, or people walking in town.

As long as it can be modded I will still get the game but the trailer was very disappointing.

The only thing worse than playing an Elder Scrolls game in 3rd person view is playing it on a console.

Quoted for truth.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It showed improved animations, improved graphics, more varied surroundings and dragons.

umad.jpg

I'm sorry, i'll keep in mind next time that i'm not allowed to think anything bad about the godly bethesda studio, they can do no wrong.

Quoted for truth.

why exactly is it bad playing oblivion in third person view? When I first installed the U3PC mod the aimming was a little bit off but I liked it overall. What it is is instead of a first person view, you get an over the sholder 3rd person view, still with cross hare though if you are really close to the target you don't shoot at the center of the cross hare.

I'm sorry, i'll keep in mind next time that i'm not allowed to think anything bad about the godly bethesda studio, they can do no wrong.

I'm just saying what is shown in the trailer.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

They could have gotten the water right. It just seems... off.

Look around a bit more, when they first demo 3rd person and when the spell user casts a spell i the cave. The water effects looks well done there; the white water rapids water is very strange looking at the moment, but it is pretty accurate to real life. They just need to improve the texture quality a bit.

Look around a bit more, when they first demo 3rd person and when the spell user casts a spell i the cave. The water effects looks well done there; the white water rapids water is very strange looking at the moment, but it is pretty accurate to real life. They just need to improve the texture quality a bit.

I was more referring to the flowing river.

I was more referring to the flowing river.

Then I agree with you. Though being someone that goes white water rafting quite a bit, its not too far off imho.

I don't any game ever got flowing water, splashes and waterfalls right.

Crysis did pretty well iirc.