New Weapons/Armour

Lap

72 members have voted

1. 1. Are new weapons and armour needed? (PvM)

• Yes, they are needed.
    • No, they are not.
    • They aren't needed, but they should be released.
    • Only new armour is needed.
    • Only new weapons are needed.
    • Other (Please specify in a post)

I ask this question because of how powerful our current weaponry/armour already is. I want to focus on PvM, since PvP is entirely different, and I am not too familiar with PvP to have a strong opinion.

Let's take a look at some of the strongest items in the game first:

Weaponry: Chaotic weapons (not many people are asking for new weapons since these have been released,), godswords (outdated by chaotic in a lot of places, but still used due to specs and no degrade costs), whip (been one of the best weapons in the game since it was released), claws, korasi, etc...

Armour: PVP armour (Some might argue that this shouldn't be taken into consideration due to the high costs, but it is still part of the game), spirit shields (arguments about how hard/expensive they are to obtain, usually Divine), barrows armour/gloves (been in the game for years now, still some of the best armour in the game), defenders, DFS, bandos armour, etc..

Anyways, I just listed some of the more popular/stronger items just to have them out on the table. The question I am really asking is "In lieu of the already powerful weaponry/armour we have, do we need even better equipment when even the strongest non-dg boss in the game can be soloed?". To me, unless stronger bosses are added, it just seems like overkill.

What do you guys think?

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

no pvp is perfectly fine

people use all combat styles

no one really cares that much

Someone didn't read the OP. ;) Not even the first line. Tisk tisk.

Anyway, I'd like to see new armor. With Chaotic, we're set with weapons for a while. Or maybe a way to make the non-corrupted versions of PvP armor never degrade. A quest for it, maybe? Either way, I'd like to see new armors to play around with.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

There's definitely an imbalance between offense and defense, however it's simply not as problematic as many believe it to be. Sure, you can 1 hit most players with the proper equipment, but it's still balanced because most players have access to said equipment. The only reason there are any complaints is that the advantages in pvp have shifted from skill and strategy to equipment.

Well, since we AREN'T talking about PVP, I'd say our weapons/armour is fine. Until we start getting slayer tasks that are like....boss-scale, tailored to 138s with overloads/chaotics training slayer (and at least 50 of these hard new monsters to boot) as well as a new boss that needs a TEAM of 138s with chaotics and overloads to kill.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You stated the reason why we need new equipment right in the first post, but missed it. There's something wrong if a whip and barrows are still some of the most desirable gear this long after their release. When Jagex spends a ton of time on new equipment which turns out to be worse than current gear, people just shrug and see another useless update. Now obviously a whip is no longer considered the best weapon, but barrows is still often used as the best gear for many situations (Ahrims, Karils for mage defense while meleeing, various melee pieces for bossing).

If each week new items are better than the ones before, that'd be a problem too, but I think releasing a better tier of gear every 3-4 years isn't unreasonable. Frankly I had expected them to release chaotic armour with the final set of dungeoneering floors.

New gear serves purposes other than soloing bosses - it keeps the game fresh.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

With the addition of damage absorption and life point aiding armor (not here yet, but likely soon) there's a balance to the high level weapons that would 1 hit a player without that equipment. So long as that balance is kept, there's no reason to allow higher level weapons and armor. What's even better, at 70+ skill levels, there's no reason for +10 skill level gaps (mith to addy, addy to rune, rune to granite, etc.). You can do 70 to 75, 75 to 80, 80 to 83, 83 to 86, etc. gaps of increasingly beneficial armor/weapon types. Kind of a WoW end game weapon concept, but it's been that way since Rune.

On top of that, if one is worried about Jagex making it more about end game items, all Jagex need do is increase levels to 120.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

F2P needs better armour and weapons, especially Magic.

A full Magic set requires FoG armour (druidic/combat), Runecrafter Gloves, 95K Dung tokens (gravite staff, magical blastbox and arcane blast necklace) and still you barely have any defence bonus.

A melee set costs 220K (without rune gaunts and berserker) and has good attack and defence bonus.

A Ranged set costs 140K and has good attack and defence bonus.

So in my opinion, there should be a better magic set.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I would say "YES" that new armour and (perhaps) weapons are necessary – BUT with the caveat that new armour and weapons be added for mages. There is no godwars mage gear – either armour or weapons, and it's high time that this was remedied.

The only other reason that I'd suggest new armour and/or weapons is for "appearances" sake.

Personally, I am bored of the look of Bandos and Armadyl now. I want something cute to wear!

:P

nyuseg.png

I say both are needed, especially if the armour will have good soaking abilities without degrading over time. Also, the weapons would be good if they are similar to chaotic without degrading.

My main theme here is give us better weapons and armour that dont friggin degrade.

wessan.png

Id support new armor, and maby weps if they could only be made with smithing.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I would like all skills to have uses/items up to 99 eventually. Sometimes I wonder why I get level 99 in a skill when there is nothing but a cape at the end, which will only collect dust in my bank.

In terms of combat though, I think the weapons are more than fine, BUT there needs to be level 99 weapons (not just in daemonheim) and level 99 armour either way. They don't have to have uber high stats or anything though, it could simply be armour with similar (or same) stats, for example Bandos, which just has the added bonus of deflecting some damage with each hit that a monster makes on you.

Or even armour which boosts your maximum health over 990 or maximum prayer points over 99 for example. Level 99 weapons could adopt the same approach. You could attach a dark hilt to an abyssal whip at level 99 for example, which would (in turn) change your attack style to match whatever the opponent's weakness is. E.G. if you were to attack a waterfiend with the altered abyssal whip, it would deal crush damage (what the monster is most weak against).

There is more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes, and hidden effects within new weapons/armour can make it more than fair. No crazy high/unfair bonuses required :-)

I would also like to see greater mage and range armour. Even as a melee combat enthusiast, I notice combat does get a lot of weapon/armour updates - which is unfair to the other side of the combat triangle, where other players put in the money and effort for those expensive runes and arrows to only be let down with no update for them.

That is my 2 cents :-D

2vuhgcn.png