The Legend of Platebeard

Nice quick 10 minute appointment at eye surgeon. Improvement to the eye has far exceeded expectation so quickly. Gotta book other eye in now and go through that joy again... 40 min train ride home now then back to the pone!

Since it's a blog I thought I'd blog some rl lol Yeeeee

40 min ride for 10 min appointment? HURT lol

Yeah lol So the appointments free but the train fare during peak hours isn't... good fight

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 300k down this evening. Did some more testing and comparison's between methods & whether or not Overloads are worth it or extremes etc.

I am loving Maging Ice Strykes and now thoroughly enjoying task & am not bothering to use a cannon. Because of this, I am no longer doing Suqah's as it's not instant to get to, however if I find myself running out of points - a lyre teleport will only add a couple of mins to the task. Still haven't been assigned a Blue Dragons task, so haven't needed to make a decision on those lol. the rest of the list is set in stone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cumulative Update

Time Elapsed: 55.5 Hours

Slayer XP Gained: 2,050,000

Avg Slayer Xp/Hr: 37000

Effigies so far: 25

Effigy/Hr: 2:15

Effigy/XP: 1/82k

Whips: 6

SoL's: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------

Aiming to finish my slayer by Monday which would require 3 500k days now. Not sure if that'll happen but we'll see what the weather is like over the weekend :twss:

qjDiz.png

That's intense. I was happy getting ~300k a day my last few days before 99, though that was without extremes/rapier. The night I got 99, my hand was hurting so much that I just used two effigies for the last 80k exp that I needed, lol.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Still going, was planning on doing a massive slay day today, but slept for 10 hrs instead, good fight.

Still collecting interesting info from tasks, and various methods.

Whether or not to use Overloads, or how much time does a cannon really save, compared to cost.

How opportunity cost works - based on a monsters loot table and GE prices and drop rates.

Fairly happy with costs and rates for Dark beasts, Ice Strykes & Abyssals so far. Just need to do a cannon at ice strykes w/ magic. & test whether or not Leech magic is worth it. (Extra 12 ppots an hour or so)

Other than that, 1.2m xp to go. So hopefully finish on Monday.

qjDiz.png

Nice one.

I personally like Nechs, cause it's a nice opportunity to let out my steel titan. He loves owning nechs, you see :-). I think I get around 40k xp per hour there (need to confirm) so it's not too bad either, and you can do a quick bork visit (I'm a bit into summoning ranks). I also do blues for the easy profit, but I find them a bit stressful with all the drops (I do them in 4 trips mostly, since its 30 sec banking or so). Also do gargoyles, since they're pretty relaxing, and I find kuradal dungeon too good to give up. Besides that, I'm mostly doing the same, and I'll be glad to use my whip on more tasks now, ty for that :-)

I re-tested Bloodvelds with a Rapier and achieved a kill rate of 400 instead of 350. I must of miscounted, or calculated something wrong on the first whip test to achieve 400.

So rapier is worth using at Bloodvelds. Since it cost around ~60k to save 5minutes + on a task of ~200. Note this is on a FULL world however.

As for Overloads. They make close to no difference at Black Dragons - The biggest factor here is an empty world, or a full world with only 1 noob ranging or something.

Re-tested Ice Strykes and Overloads with Leech Magic.

100 were killed in 45minutes, compared to 49 with just extreme mage pots.

Also Druvovic timed his, in max gear, (Seers (i) & Arcane Spirit), so +16 more magic bonus, and finished in 42minutes. So with just +16 more magic attack bonus - resulted in about 5% extra damage. So 5% more kills.

Abyssal Demons - I believe Overloads pay for themselves here with extra kills, giving you a greater chance at a whip/effigy.

Steels - I believe they are worth using here also. You would only need to kill perhaps 1 or 2 more Steels per 5minutes for them to be worth it. However a bigger factor here is if the room gets crowded, it is really best to hop.

After I finish getting to 99 using this list. I no doubt will probably end up doing nech's & gargoyles, although I will have to wait for the profit/loss results from just doing this list first to decide.

qjDiz.png

Tested Leech Magic + Extreme magic pots on Ice Strykes. Saved a minute or less, which isn't really significant at all. So i'd say don't bother using leech magic there.

Overloads OR a Wolper (if you can fit all loot) make the biggest difference at Ice Strykes.

Got my first Blue Dragons task today (lol) I was trying to bank bones only but with a kill rate of almost 300 an hr, no way can the Yak keep up. Unsure what to do with these in regards to money, as if I elect to crush the bones I will have to work out how much money/time saved from altaring the bones. (Or equivalent cost in XP gained)

Also got level 98.

Cumulative Update

Time Elapsed: 69 Hours

Slayer XP Gained: 2,520,000

Avg Slayer Xp/Hr: 36500

Effigies so far: 33

Effigy/Hr: ~2:05

Effigy/XP: 1/76k

Whips: 7

100 Yak Pouches

50 Iron Titan Pouches also bought over last couple of days.

Well might get 500k done tomorrow, but it's looking like Tuesday earliest for this now since i've been kinda slack over last couple of days, also the Xp/hr has gone down a bit due to testing various alternative methods. Sunday will be a day of pone, all fastest methods used I guess.

Still have a surplus of points. Still pwning, starting to slow a little though, wouldn't mind a break but gotta finish it, to finish this test.

qjDiz.png

400k gained today, just under 700k to go. May be able to poopsock it tomorrow, but will have to see if I cbf or if I end up actually doing anything other than play RS.

Last update before the end, where I will value all loot etc & work out the profit and all that fun stuff.

Cumulative Update

Time Elapsed: 79 Hours

Slayer XP Gained: 2,910,000

Avg Slayer Xp/Hr: 36800

Effigies so far: 37

Effigy/Hr: ~2:07

Effigy/XP: 1/78k

Whips: 7

Dark Bows: 2

qjDiz.png

Awesome blog. Looks like you will have quite the slayer guide once you have finished all the calculations :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing cost/profit of individual tasks.

Good luck you are almost there!

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

Thanks.

Guess this is worth blogging about.

110117202834.png

By the way, if anyone else wants to log data, i'll need a sample size of 1000 or so and all drops logged, to try gauge drop %'s of the typical average loot to go with the unique drops.

qjDiz.png

Last update before I get 99 tomorrow. Finally got my 1st Visage AND 1st abyssal head in the same day lol.

Cumulative Update

Time Elapsed: 88 Hours

Slayer XP Gained: 3,225,000

Avg Slayer Xp/Hr: 36650

Effigies so far: 40

Effigy/Hr: ~2:12

Effigy/XP: 1/80k

Whips: 8

Dark Bows: 2

Visage: 1

------------------------------------------------------------

Around 350k to go I think for tomorrow. Will overshoot my time expected, however because of the testing and frequency of abyssals tasks, the xp rate has been below the 40k prediction.

No idea what the loots going to be like, but should be good ;)

qjDiz.png

20k left to 99 Slayer.

Will get it whenever.

Doing all the calculations etc now.

So far ~ 30m profit made (without Visage)

Costs were around 45m and ending Gp worth is 75m

Hours taken is around 96

Effigies gained 41

This makes powerslaying for effigies around 300k profit per hr (which is low, but I wasn't expecting it to profit at all)

Will do full list of calcs etc in a bit,

qjDiz.png

Keep saving them until I can open them all... then spend them most likely on Runecrafting unless the profit/hr or other radical changes happen to that skill.

I have now separated my effigy guide to my other projects so that it can be complete.

qjDiz.png

Yeah hopefully i'll get my finger out and do em this week lol.

Captains Log... (I think i'm going to coin this phrase for my blog title tbh)

Just did some hunter today - I find i'm able to do the box trapping while being able to watch tv shows in split screen, so i'm enjoying the jadinko stuff atm. Especially since you have to acquire the seeds yourself & grow the herbs make pots etc, it's a novel concept knowing I can't just go and buy the stuff, so it makes the gathering process meaningful I guess and funnily enough psychologically this seems to have an impact lol.

On another note, I might add what games I play aside from Runescape. Having bought a wii recently for various reasons, (Xbox and PS3 provide the same titles/genres of games and services that I get from my PC) I shall list the games I currently play on there for an hr a day or so.

Currently poneing Mario Galaxy 1.

72/120 Stars.

qjDiz.png

Gotta update dat blog.

Did Do No Evil today, can sort of watch shows and pickpocket the dudes, not too click intensive since you can only loot twice per knockout.

I imagine I will level my thieving here, until 81 at least.

Did some more poening of Mario, good fighted bowser, now i've got all the optional stars etc to get. Some of those bonus levels are pretty sadistic tbh. Was raging hard earlier, but the sense of satisfaction when completing a level is worth the rage.

Hopefully get my other piece of witchdoctor stuff tomorrow, if not i'll pone hunter to 80 anyway. I've got all 8 seasons of 24 to watch soon, and once I start, well it's going to be a session.

So, that's thieving and hunter methods almost sorted for effigies, definitely will splash some cash and get 80 construction soon for the habitat stuff.

Once I complete those 2 I guess it's going to be doing the BA skills... so if I can get a team for that should be sweet. (mining, firemaking, agility)

Good night internet

qjDiz.png

Quick Update:

Started watching 24, i've got 8 seasons to watch, I never watched them when they were out for whatever reason, so i've got 192 hours of entertainment for skilling...

Got 80 Construction for Herblore Habitat, world's most tedious skill fml. Started with mahog tables, then switched to dungeon doors.

For thieving I tried punching monkey guards and it's just too much effort for not overly great xp at lvl 75. Switched back to pyramid plunder & am able to do this semi-effectively while watching stuff, so I guess i'll be staying here until 88 or so.

For Hunter, I've gotten the mask and 2 tops, fml hopefully i'll get the bottoms this reset so I can power through that.

Have been doing a bit of farming, farming lantadymes with juju's, decent xp and decent profit with no real risk of loss, so I guess that was a safe compromise. I pretty much plan for my only farming XP to come from herbs from now on. There is no real rush for levels.

So to summarize, I guess i'll be working on Thieving and Hunter this week, while watching a [cabbage]load of 24.

Perhaps then I'll take a break and go back to killing some stuff which is more interesting.

qjDiz.png

You forgot to add stardates :(.

Good luck on farming, do torstol.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted