Possible future Mahjarrat hint?

@Dan3HitU

I've underlined what I feel could be a future hint to a quest...

It was a message in PFTH, a letter to Azzandra, here was his reply...

Here is the link to the article.

[spoiler=Question]Dear Azzanadra,

I have a question about two Mahjarrat friends of yours: Sliske and Bilrach. My friends tell me that Sliske is the one who killed the Barrows Brothers and that he has power over shadows. Are these facts true? Not much is known about him, so please tell me more about him.

Then there is Bilrach, Many of my friends want to know more about Bilrach, like: who is he? Is he a powerful Mahjarrat, or a normal one? Where is he now? Did he find the ‘Strange Power’? Not much is known about him too - please tell me more about him.

Wishing you the best. Praise be Zaros! And Praise be Guthix!

Makcili

p.s.I praised two gods because I could not think which is one was greater...

[spoiler=Answer]Makcili

You bandy about the term ‘friend’ too readily. True, Sliske is an ally and remains loyal to Lord Zaros, but he distances himself from anyone and anything he cannot control. Still, I’d rather him as my ally than my enemy, for his abilities are…useful. Not many of our kind are able to reach into the Shadow Realm, but of those who can, Sliske’s mastery is unmatched. I have my ways of reaching him and his counsel, though. As for his ‘snake-like tongue’, too many would assume this to be just his manner of speaking – he is far from being a snake. Rather, his words carry weight in the mind, and have a way of bending the weak to his will.

Sliske himself did not kill his Barrows toys, but it was the power he granted them that sealed their fate. Power is fleeting, and Sliske always gets what he wants out of deals; I’d advise, should you ever meet him, not to make deals with him.

Bilrach is barely an enemy to me, such a subservient waste of Mahjarrat that he is. He was the lapdog of Zamorak, meekly barking when Zamorak barked, and raging when Zamorak raged. Truly, he should have been sacrificed millennia ago. As for this ‘strange power’ of which you speak, the only thing strange about it to me was that it happened, but it did give me a chuckle at the time. I see no connection between it and Bilrach; if he is the one responsible then he has vastly grown in power since our last meeting, many thousands of years past.

Azzanadra

No.

Its been confirm Sliske will not have his own quest, he will however feature in the ritual.

I can't see us making connections indepth enough to make deals with him in the ritual I mean we do have few powerful allies already (azzandra etc) If anything I'd say its a comment to further assert the widely accepted theory that Siliske gave the barrows brothers their gear. As that was a deal being made with bad outcomes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No.

Its been confirm Sliske will not have his own quest, he will however feature in the ritual.

I can't see us making connections indepth enough to make deals with him in the ritual I mean we do have few powerful allies already (azzandra etc) If anything I'd say its a comment to further assert the widely accepted theory that Siliske gave the barrows brothers their gear. As that was a deal being made with bad outcomes.

Where has that been confirmed? I don't take thing you say very seriously unless you can back them up with a quote/screenshot/thread.

The story with Siliske and the barrows brothers is posted, he didn't give them their gear, he gave them their set effects along with a curse which allowed them to fight deep into morytania until his curse eventually overcame them. The only thing interesting here is how it sounds like they made a deal with him.

I can't see us being too aligned with any side during the Ritual, assuming we ever will see it, because I don't see how we could be useful to any side.

Either way, that blurb doesn't point to a quest, it's really just a little lore that might in the future be further expanded on in a quest, however that was already known.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=30&project_id=14&page=1

Confirmation of no Sliske quest.

"His long years had taken him to many distant lands where he had collected much arcane knowledge and many artefacts of value and strength, and it was those very weapons and armours he had given them, that they now wielded, which granted them their desire"

Taken from:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/fall_of_six

Clear cut confirmation of no Sliske quest qith evidence and evidence you're talking out ur ass on the barrows lore as the story clearly states the stranger (presumed to be sliske) gave them the armour and weapons.

Oh and it was in a live QA with Paul on 11th Feb 2010 he confirmed Sliske wuld "make an appearence" in the ritual. I can't find any transcripts of that atm; but its confirmed on the rs wiki page:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sliske

Edit: Apparently it was a twitter qa so transcripts are unlikely; but we will deffo see the Ritual. J mods have outright said in The Ritual quest all over the shop to mahjaratt questions every since the mysteries of the mahjratt line began.

The assumed plot development for the Ritual quest is that, so far no Zarosian mahjaratt has proven evil, powerful yes, but not evil (postbags and qas have also alluded tht zaros isn't "evil" merely powerful), so people suspect we will want the Zarosians to "win" as it were and thus a Zamorkian be killed. It is also widely thought the ritual will probably see Zaros fully return to the world and/or kill off Lucien before he gets too powerful. All are likely options, but personally I think the quest will be about making sure Lucien and Zemergoul don't fair too well (maybe Bilrach too?) while helping Azzandra, Jhallan etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay, first that was what I was referring to in my post. I've read that story. Either way, it's a minor error. Doesn't change the facts that;

a) Runewiki is a terrible source, edited by anyone, I could go in now and edit it to say whatever I need to support my argument,

b) There is no evidence of J Mods speaking about the Ritual that you can bring up. If you can please do so. If a tree falls in the forest, it doesn't matter if nobody hears it. Same goes for Jagex Q&A sessions, if there is no record of them they make a terrible basis for speculation

c) Some Zarosian mahjaratt are not nesessarily good. I wouldn't consider cursing the barrows brothers to be an act of good. Most of our encounters have been with only Azzandra, that does not mean the others are all the same. Even Azzandra has stated that other Zarosian mahjaratt aren't "good" both in quests and in the postbag that OP quoted,

d) Why would Lucien die when there are much weaker Mahjaratt? I presume he would much prefer to kill one of his weaker allies then to become prey himself. Also, though it does look like Zaros might have influence again, there is no evidence that it is even possible to bring him back. I see Jhallan as the most likely sacrifice canidate, however there are other weak mahjaratt. Lucien is the most powerful, there is no reason at all for him to be the one that gets sacrificed,

e) At the end of the day this is all pretty baseless speculation. My personal feelings are that somehow Nomad is going to become heavily involved with this.

PM me in game anytime

Okay, first that was what I was referring to in my post. I've read that story. Either way, it's a minor error. Doesn't change the facts that;

a) Runewiki is a terrible source, edited by anyone, I could go in now and edit it to say whatever I need to support my argument,

b) There is no evidence of J Mods speaking about the Ritual that you can bring up. If you can please do so. If a tree falls in the forest, it doesn't matter if nobody hears it. Same goes for Jagex Q&A sessions, if there is no record of them they make a terrible basis for speculation

c) Some Zarosian mahjaratt are not nesessarily good. I wouldn't consider cursing the barrows brothers to be an act of good. Most of our encounters have been with only Azzandra, that does not mean the others are all the same. Even Azzandra has stated that other Zarosian mahjaratt aren't "good" both in quests and in the postbag that OP quoted,

d) Why would Lucien die when there are much weaker Mahjaratt? I presume he would much prefer to kill one of his weaker allies then to become prey himself. Also, though it does look like Zaros might have influence again, there is no evidence that it is even possible to bring him back. I see Jhallan as the most likely sacrifice canidate, however there are other weak mahjaratt. Lucien is the most powerful, there is no reason at all for him to be the one that gets sacrificed,

e) At the end of the day this is all pretty baseless speculation. My personal feelings are that somehow Nomad is going to become heavily involved with this.

A) I know the last citation was weak, but its all I could drag up at the time and wasn't the main citation it was an extra detail to my previous point.

B)If you wanna be pedantic how about this, there is proof:

http://www.gamerzines.com/mmo/news/jagex-interview-pt-2.html

Jagex interview confirmed upcoming quest "the ritual of the mahjaratt"

The quest has come up in numerous live QA sessions over the past year with various details being leaked, but since none of them have been documented anywhere I won;t bother listing off any of them.

C) I said so far no Zarosians has proven evil, I never said they were good either. Plus we don't know for definite that Sliske is the strnager in barrows lore, its jsut a popular speculation. We have not met any Zarosian mahjaratt in-game that hve done anything evil so far, so this was a valid point; all be it part of speculation.

D) Yes if the ritual goes to plan Lucien obviously wouldn't die. But in the live QAs that can't be cited jmods have said WGS would be a req for the ritual and Lucien obviously plays a part. If he "wins" the ritual as it were he would be invincible basically, so it is a plausible story line we use the distraction of mahjaratt in-fighting and our allies to kill Lucien. It's speculation, but its still a plausible plot route. As for Zaros returning, a recent Chaos elemental post bag (cant be assed to look it up atm but its there) had the anagram "bizarre boron swell" which works out to "Zaros will be reborn" Jmods on RSOF have confirmed when chaos elemental riddles have been solved and this one was confirmed as solved; also in QAs heavy hints been dropped. So its pretty much definite he is coming back, just a matter of when.

E) Yeah it's all speculation, personally I doubt Nomad's involvement; it came up in a QA and jmods said Nomad wouldn't cross with the mahjaratt storyline; but we shall see I never saw this one with my own eyes so I dunno how much truth it holds.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

C) I said so far no Zarosians has proven evil, I never said they were good either. Plus we don't know for definite that Sliske is the strnager in barrows lore, its jsut a popular speculation. We have not met any Zarosian mahjaratt in-game that hve done anything evil so far, so this was a valid point; all be it part of speculation.

I suggest you read the postbag in the link OP posted. It proves that false.

Anyways, you know more about me here, I haven't read all the Q&A sessions. Either way, speculation is usually pretty baseless. A lot is said in the sessions that doesn't ever happen or is false. A common example would be in RSC Andrew saying that he doubted the R2H would ever be introduced as it would be overpowered. I just doubt the validity of most of what Jagex promises or says.

PM me in game anytime

I find it depends who is saying it these days.

Emille, Timbo, Andrew, Paul, Mark and MMG are all pretty 100% on.

Raven and a few others have the odd misinfo, then all the ones u never heard of are just like wtf have u even played the game?

I don't quite see how tht postbag proves anything?

Yes it confirms Sliske killed barrows guys (forgot bout tht confirmation in a prior post but oh wells)

But like I said it doesn't prove him to be evil. There is a grey zone between good and evil. Afterall in the barrows lore the armours did give the brothers what they wanted and let them win the battles and thus do good before they were reclaimed to become ghosts under Sliske's control.

But equally it confirms their power and fame went to their heads, so perhaps it was in the world best interest they died.

It's a bit of a shady area, but I don;t think it outright says look evil mahjaratt, it puts me in mind of euthanasia issues and the death penalty. It's not "evil" (depending on your view point) to aid death in these cases where the people are in pain or kilelrs etc. but you can't say it is a good thing either really, after all it is taking human life. This sort of permiates into runescape too, after all in all the quest how many have we killed in the name of doing good who perhaps did not truely deserve death. (good example off the top of my head wuld be the giant in Grim Tales)

But I'm rambling a bit now, my point is it doesn't really prove him to be outright evil, especially since the brothers did agree to give him something in return.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

About the whole issue about Sliske being evil because of how he cursed the Barrows brothers, I don't believe in that. I mean, if you''ve done Temple at Senntisten, you'd know that they served as a guard for the powerful artifact there, and that was certainly an artifact the Zarosians wanted to keep out of enemy hands. Better that the [cursed] brothers kept it safe rather than say, Zamorakian mahjarrat using it in the god wars.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

I am the 7th Barrows Brother.. :P

It'd be more original if you were a sister .. but meh

Can do, I support :thumbup:. Though tbh Vesta&Morrigan are way cooler. I want untradeable level 90 armour looking like their gear.

I don't think Sliske will get his own quest because that was confirmed, but we'll see him at the ritual methinks, and he'll be up to something. As will they all.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I am the 7th Barrows Brother.. :P

It'd be more original if you were a sister .. but meh

Can do, I support :thumbup:. Though tbh Vesta&Morrigan are way cooler. I want untradeable level 90 armour looking like their gear.

I don't think Sliske will get his own quest because that was confirmed, but we'll see him at the ritual methinks, and he'll be up to something. As will they all.

Would be awsome to get some kinda of crappy base armor/weapon that you can gear up and ad stats an effects based on your levels. Enchanting it with magic, Imbibing it with power with Runecraft, making it stronger with Smithing, making it loook cooler with Crafting, adding a poison to it with Herblore, adding other parts with Construction, etc.