Best way to get 99 magic for me.

Raiouken

get lunar and string amulets (low attention, high cost, medium xp)/plank make (high xp, high attention, low cost)/super glass make (cheap, low attention, low xp)/hunter kit (high cost, high attention, highest xp), depending on your income and attention span Alternatively, super heat (low cost, high attention, medium xp).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Alching is crappy exp but you could do it with no loss. Here is an alchemy spreadsheet for what profits.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhdHFDsdlxujdGlZLXBuNUhxSXJER2hWUDg2RHh0cnc&hl=en#gid=0

But really, you want to burst rock lobsters, that is the best thing I can suggest. You get fast magic exp, lots of charms and a medium cost. Those charms work out to being worth 5k each if you ever decide to train summoning so while in the short term it costs, in the long term you will be happy you did it.

Or another mixed method is superheating gold with gold gauntlets. It is medium mage exp and medium cost but also brings in hefty smithing exp which is very, very nice.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I can get Lunar if the options are really good but none of them seem very good.

I was thinking of fletching broad-tipped bolts during Pest Control but getting 300 slayer points is long and annoying and I don't know if I can make money from it.

I might try the metal dragon thing if I can make money off it as well.

I've been getting void armor placeholders and I can highly recommend fletching while playing. However it will be very slow magic experience and the methods that people have listed are much better. Also, you will want to only buy the bolts from the slayer masters, you will not profit nearly as much if you buy from the GE. So buy them every day for a week or so, then fletch while playing for a few days.

However this is a bad idea for magic experience as the pest points give reduced magic exp compared to range or melee. If you want to mulitask pest control you can alch while doing it too, this might be better.

Metal dragons might make you money, but will often lose money unless you bank the bones which can be both time consuming and tedious.

PM me in game anytime

Lunar Magics offer some of the best none-combat magic xp/hr in the game through string jewellery, plank make and hunter kit. String jewellery offers around 130k xp/hr, plank make doing mahogany planks is around 165k xp/hr and hunter kit can be over 200k xp/hr so I would definitely say it's worth getting Lunars :)

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I can't alch during Pest Control, I've tried before.

I could use a staff of light together with Fire Wave to save money on the metal dragons. And I don't think I could be stuffed collecting the bones, maybe..

I guess I'll get Lunar magic too.

Don't think you can use a staff of light at your attack level.

I'd get lunars for sure, even if you don't want to train with them. Fire wave then surge on metal dragons is a decent method, and it will get you constitution xp as well. However the fastest xp is barraging monkey skeletons, and you may wish to do some of that from level 94 on. It's costly and rather fast. You can also barrage in minigames like Soul Wars, Castle Wars and Pest Control.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Lunars are your best bet then, or alching. Did you check out that alching calculator I linked earlier?

If you must do combat you could try barrows, or using chaos spells and chaos gaunts on like chaos druids for profit.

PM me in game anytime

If you really want to mage metals (and I don't blame you, it can be a lot of fun) then maybe it's worth getting 75 attack and 70 dungeoneering to speed things up a lot. It can't hurt to hit a few 350s on the way to 99 mage :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yes, I did check the calculator. It's excellent, but does the calculator's GE prices stay updated?

Speaking of hitting 350s, do you gain more exp for the amount of damage you do? I heard for Ice Burst it's 0.2 x the number of damage you do, is it the same for Fire Wave?

I think it updates every ten minutes, that means there are only 10 minutes max after each GE update that it is inacurate.

And mage damage is partially base exp from casting the spell with exp from damage added on top of the base. I can't remember the exact values but I bet you could find them on rune wiki.

PM me in game anytime

Lol, I found it here on Tip.It.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=magic_guide.htm#exp

Copied and pasted from the above link, also the table it refers to is in the link;

Each spell will earn you a certain number of experience points towards your magic skill when cast. These are in the table above. However, with damaging spells, there are two contributors to experience. There is a base amount of experience you will always receive when you cast the spell, even if you fail it and see a splash, and this is the value in the table above. But you also receive extra magic experience and Constitution experience depending on how much damage you inflict. For those spells that give experience over the base you will see a "+" beside the experience value.

For these spells, there is also a maximum on how much damage you can inflict - and this number is on the last column of the above table. However, please note that after the completion of Family Crest quest, members can wear chaos gauntlets that increase the damage of bolt spells (those using chaos runes).

For every damage point you hit your opponent, you receive .2 magic experience.You also receive .133 life points experience for every damage point you inflict.

If you put your attack style to defensive, you get .1 point experience in magic and .1 point experience in defence for every damage point you inflict.

PM me in game anytime

If you can, and I've never tried this, you should burst rock lobs for charms. I've heard it's great charms and mage xp. I'm tempted to try it myself, but you need a buddy to open the door.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Thanks again.

So, if say 30 casts kills one iron dragon, I'd kill 33 iron dragons (0.2 x 33 x 1650). 11k + 42k = 53k exp per 1000 fire waves.

That's good, but it's not too impressive..

Are you looking for 300k exp p/h with Mage on that budget? Sorry impossible. You better stick to alching, plank make, or stunning with sacred clay.

If you can, and I've never tried this, you should burst rock lobs for charms. I've heard it's great charms and mage xp. I'm tempted to try it myself, but you need a buddy to open the door.

It's less good if your on a budget, and even less good if you don't have an SoL.

As for the door just use "burstinglobs" cc I think.

PM me in game anytime

Are you looking for 300k exp p/h with Mage on that budget? Sorry impossible. You better stick to alching, plank make, or stunning with sacred clay.

I don't know what you're trying to prove because I never suggested that.

I think I'll alternate between alching and killing metal dragons and maybe Lunar magic, then.

Don't alch, you'd be better off with metal dragons. Consider that you can probably do a bit over 1k casts per hour (1200 max) and that with sol/arcane stream necklace you have a max hit of 260 with wave. The base xp is 42.5 for a cast, and let's say the average damage you hit is 120 (including splashes). That would put you at 66.5 xp per cast on average, at say 1000-1100 per hour or about 70k xp with a little profit/break-even. That's about as good as alching but a lot more fun.

When surging you get a max of 364 and a base xp of 90, or about 120 xp per cast, or about 130k xp per hour (all depends on the quickness of spawns etc.). This is twice as fast as alching.

Is this a good idea?

Take an empty vial to Pest Control and use humidify on it. Empty it, use Humidify again, and so on. Then I'll get 2 points when the game ends.

Would this method be fast?

You need to cause atleast 500 points of damage,

And I don't think you can cast humidfy in Pest Control anymore.

Bursting rock lobsters will always be the smartest way to level magic unless you already have the charms for 99 summoning.

Alching is also pretty nice if you do it while you are watching a movie.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody