will number of players ever outgrow the amount of coins in the game..??

vandennn

reading a few of the recent topics about the re-introduction of the free trade and wildy made me wonder. would the number of players on runescape ever outgrow the amount of GP there is in the game? of course not literally but lets say for arguments sake that there is roughly 500k to every player and everybody was to stop/slow down getting coins/GP from drops or alching them or any other form such as selling direct to shops. or maybe if even some of the richest and most valuable players of the games decided to quit playing and keep there items and coins. there would be know regeneration of coins. eventually the number of players will increase and the average amount of GP per player will decrease. how will jagex combat this? just randomly putting money into banks or what?

bit of a confusing and hard to understand question really and i no in reality it will never happen. but lets just say it did. i think its interesting and i am intrigued into some of the comments that will follow :thumbsup:

please dont be hating me for this :shame: im just offering a topic i feel will generate an interesting conversation :rolleyes:

Um... very little chance. No offense, but I don't see this topic having much discussion value

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

No its totally illogical and impossible.

For players to exceed coins you'd have players with 0 coins.

eg for 100 players you'd need 99 people with 1 coin and 1 person with 0 coins.

As soon as u start the game you get a good 30gp in the first few minutes via drops etc and exponentially grow from there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hardly ever think so.

I'd say it's even impossible.

There are alot of people with max cash piles.

Even I have more cash then the ammount of players out there.

And yeah, seeing as the answer is quite obvious, there's hardly any discussion value.

If someone would try to create new accounts to surpass the amount of coins they would fail. Every new player start with like 30 gp in their bank.

You also get like 5k from the basic achievements during the tutorial.

Hardly ever think so.

I'd say it's even impossible.

There are alot of people with max cash piles.

Even I have more cash then the ammount of players out there.

And yeah, seeing as the answer is quite obvious, there's hardly any discussion value.

If someone would try to create new accounts to surpass the amount of coins they would fail. Every new player start with like 30 gp in their bank.

You also get like 5k from the basic achievements during the tutorial.

The alot.

Hopefully the OP is a troll... :mellow:

sorry but i didnt actually mean it as though the players actually WOULD outgrow the amount of coins.. im just saying it may get to a point when the prices of alot of items would dramatically decrease due to the less amount of coinage. especially with the re-intro of wildy there will be more item drops rather than coin drops.. still expecting to be trillions and trillions of coins more than the players but still there could come to a point where the coin has alot more rarity than it does right now :huh:

sorry but i didnt actually mean it as though the players actually WOULD outgrow the amount of coins.. im just saying it may get to a point when the prices of alot of items would dramatically decrease due to the less amount of coinage. especially with the re-intro of wildy there will be more item drops rather than coin drops.. still expecting to be trillions and trillions of coins more than the players but still there could come to a point where the coin has alot more rarity than it does right now :huh:

The Alot.

I don't see where discussion value is, still. This happens all the time.

can i just get this one part straight. im not saying the the amount will literally outgrow the number of coins but it could dramatically depreciate the value of alot (meaning most items of the game e.g: weaponry, armour, raw materials, rares, edibles. etc etc.). u never know, we could see santas or p hats or even lobbies decrease by about 5-10% in price. with less cashflow obviously jagex would work to fix the problem by introducing some form of means of gaining a little extra mulla :grin:

can i just get this one part straight. im not saying the the amount will literally outgrow the number of coins but it could dramatically depreciate the value of alot (meaning most items of the game e.g: weaponry, armour, raw materials, rares, edibles. etc etc.). u never know, we could see santas or p hats or even lobbies decrease by about 5-10% in price. with less cashflow obviously jagex would work to fix the problem by introducing some form of means of gaining a little extra mulla :grin:

The Alot.

They want it to happen, which is why there re money sinks like construction, torva armor recharge, etc. I'm very much inclined to believe this is a poorly attempted troll.

The topic is basically asking whether or not deflation will happen with free trade. One thing is for certain, one major inflating method could be removed. This is ancient statuettes. Adding in many new deflation methods with degrading weapons and armour. Deflation would be a nice thing as it's inflation which drives the gap between skilling and Mh'ing money apart.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The Alot.

They want it to happen, which is why there re money sinks like construction, torva armor recharge, etc. I'm very much inclined to believe this is a poorly attempted troll.

i explained the alot part... :wall:

to be honest this is no trolling attempt i was honestly just offering a chance for people to use their imaginations :thumbsup: after all it doesnt hurt :^_^: if u have no valid contribution to the topic at hand then simply dont comment..

to be honest this is no trolling attempt i was honestly just offering a chance for people to use their imaginations :thumbsup: after all it doesnt hurt :^_^: if u have no valid contribution to the topic at hand then simply dont comment..

The Alot.

Do I need to explain to you that "alot" is not a word in english? It's "A lot".

And most people(read everyone) know about the current inflation. I don't see how free trade would do anything to counter it, as it's just more money moving around. Perhaps being able to change prices more dynamically will shift this one way or the other a bit, but there's not much to say. The most interesting topic of it is rares, and there's already a thread on it.

The Alot.

And most people(read everyone) know about the current inflation. I don't see how free trade would do anything to counter it, as it's just more money moving around. Perhaps being able to change prices more dynamically will shift this one way or the other a bit, but there's not much to say. The most interesting topic of it is rares, and there's already a thread on it.

my mistake.. didnt realise u were a grammar nazi and i really didnt think it mattered to much on a forum but ive obviously been mistaken... :blink:

fair point u raise though sorry didnt realise the topic would overlap many other posts on previous threads.. mah bad :rolleyes:

my mistake.. didnt realise u were a grammar nazi and i really didnt think it mattered to much on a forum but ive obviously been mistaken... :blink:

fair point u raise though sorry didnt realise the topic would overlap many other posts on previous threads.. mah bad :rolleyes:

No, I just like to spread that link around so more people can undestand why writing alot rather than a lot is so funny. If I was a grammar nazi, I would've no doubt pointed out the countless other mistakes you've made, and I would've double checked my own posts for mistakes.

Welcome to tip.it, by the way.

No, I just like to spread that link around so more people can undestand why writing alot rather than a lot is so funny. If I was a grammar nazi, I would've no doubt pointed out the countless other mistakes you've made, and I would've double checked my own posts for mistakes.

Welcome to tip.it, by the way.

thank you very much :grin: in all honesty i meant no harm in my replies. im not exactly new to tip.it i had a forum account a few years back but due to the retiring or runescape i lost details to it. i do however wish to pick up from where i left off

(The ancient statuettes mention above is what got me on the topic below)

Don't forget that items will still disappear from the game when you die in PVP. That would be: the items that aren't picked up. It's quite possible that someone who is jumped after their kill may not be able to loot even the most valuable items from their kill's pile before they are sent to Lumbridge. Of course, it won't be as powerful an effect as the current PVP loot system, but it is something to consider along with the apparent removal of statuettes. And with an expected rise in the number of individuals joining clans, it is certain that this effect will not be completely gone from the game.

[For anyone who doesn't understand what clans have to do with it: alot ( :shades: ) of the time you're more interested in moving on to kill the next opponent rather than loot the pile for anything other than food/runes/arrows. Loot weighs you down so that you can't run as far. Many clans have rules against looting armor from piles until victory is assured. So, a lot of armor leaves the game unless it is looted by a third party.]

To answer your question: it's possible for extreme deflation to happen, but it would have to be some sort of botched goldsink on Jagex's part. If it happened, it surely would not be intentional.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

(The ancient statuettes mention above is what got me on the topic below)

[For anyone who doesn't understand what clans have to do with it: alot ( :shades: ) of the time you're more interested in moving on to kill the next opponent rather than loot the pile for anything other than food/runes/arrows. Loot weighs you down so that you can't run as far. Many clans have rules against looting armor from piles until victory is assured. So, a lot of armor leaves the game unless it is looted by a third party.]

To answer your question: it's possible for extreme deflation to happen, but it would have to be some sort of botched goldsink on Jagex's part. If it happened, it surely would not be intentional.

All of my rage.

1287642658902.png

The Alot.

Now you are the troll, jackass. Free trade also means no pvp statuettes, which were the reason for the inflation of the past 1-2 years. "I'm seriously starting to think you are poorly attempting to troll" :rolleyes:

Kind of a baseless thread of trollbait in my opinion.

Deflation has already happened. There still will be ways for money to enter the economy, through Alchemy, coin-share and other methods. I do think inflation won't be such a big problem though.

Now you are the troll, jackass. Free trade also means no pvp statuettes, which were the reason for the inflation of the past 1-2 years. "I'm seriously starting to think you are poorly attempting to troll" :rolleyes:

Trolling is a art.

Free trade=/=removing statuettes.

Of course removing the statuettes would slow down the current inflation, which is why I didn't talk about them.

Trolling is a art.

Of course removing the statuettes would slow down the current inflation, which is why I didn't talk about them.

It's "an" art.

Staurolite.png

Trolling is a art.

Coincidently, free trade and the removal of statuettes will happen at the same time (most probably)...

Anyway, I think people should stop perceiving naive posts by new users as trolling, and seeing it as a reason to start spamming/flaming/trolling. I'm pretty sure this guy didn't mean to start a trolltopic. It's true that these topics often end up in flaming/spam, but that is not the fault of the topic creator in my opinion, but the fault of the i've-been-on-the-forum-longer-than-you-so-I-can-spam-and-flame-topics-and-it-will-be-so-funny-and-cool - guys.

Sadly, this topic hasn't really got much discussion value that hasn't been discussed yet in other topics.

EDIT: there we go, while writing this, the bait (trolling is a art) the troll has thrown has worked and he caught a fish. Now he can happily write a trollisch reply and spamming chaos will ensure. Great :rolleyes:

Coincidently, free trade and the removal of statuettes will happen at the same time (most probably)...

Anyway, I think people should stop perceiving naive posts by new users as trolling, and seeing it as a reason to start spamming/flaming/trolling. I'm pretty sure this guy didn't mean to start a trolltopic. It's true that these topics often end up in flaming/spam, but that is not the fault of the topic creator in my opinion, but the fault of the i've-been-on-the-forum-longer-than-you-so-I-can-spam-and-flame-topics-and-it-will-be-so-funny-and-cool - guys.

Sadly, this topic hasn't really got much discussion value that hasn't been discussed yet in other topics.

EDIT: there we go, while writing this, the bait (trolling is a art) the troll has thrown has worked and he caught a fish. Now he can happily write a trollisch reply and spamming chaos will ensure. Great :rolleyes:

Even though they happen at the same time, and are loosely connected they are not the same thing. I dicussed whether free trade will counter inflation, not whether removal of statuettes would. Even though the original question was about whether thhere

d be more people than money.

You're such a troll, making me reply.. Raaage 10/10 you darn i've-been-on-the-forum-longer-than-you-so-I-can-spam-and-flame-topics-and-it-will-be-so-funny-and-cool - guy.