Giant Mole

ccesssu

How should I go killing this for cash?

77 range, 71 def, 75 (i believe) hp, 33 summoning

I tried it with full void, ranger amulet, archer ring with a rune xbow and ruby (e). Always started with dds for poison and spec and then switch to xbow for rest of the fight. Prayerwise, I used lvl 44 +15% range prayer and protect from melee. It took me about all my prayer points and 1 ppot sip before finishing it. I tele to aradongue, pray at the altar, tele back to fally to bank and go again.

Should I be using a familiar? I know I have low summoning, so no spirit terrorbird or anything :(

Should I use run-energy pots? How about explorer's ring (prayer bonus + run energy, though it is limited to a few trips)

Any closer, more efficient altars? I was thinking daemonheim tele and enter/leave a dungeon to reset pray.

I know I should be using range pots, but just too lazy today to go to GE and buy some -.-

Any other tips?

I'd say wait till Terrorbird. It's extremely annoying without it.

If you can borrow a Zamorakian Spear, it's weakness is stab. Dds spec it is poisoned when it digs, if you have the cash bring super energys, if not don't you will probaly not make a profit.

Bring Prayerpots and a super set or Ranging potions if you want to continue Ranging. Otherwise nothing you can really do (if soloing). Just wait till a higher combat or have a TerrorBird.

If you want to save Prayer and havn't been doing it while ranging you can also Safe spot it on the corners of the walls. Tyhis works well at beggining seeing as you'll get half the HP down before it Digs, you'll save adecent ammount of prayer then.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Lumbridge teleport is pretty close to an altar. Best option is to bring house tabs, and use the altar in your house, and the Falador portal in your house.

Also, there are plenty of safespots along the walls of the cave. IIRC on the north east corner of the spawn room, there is a nice safespot that can be used for the main part of the kill.

Also, try using ruby and emerald enchanted bolts. Make sure you get a bolt spec with the emerald first, and try to get a bolt spec or 2 before it digs with the ruby. Then switch back to emerald (e) for the rest of the kill, or use broad bolts.

Try to safespot it wherever the wall juts out. You will realize that a lot of the safespots work in one direction, but not in the other.

Range pots will help tons. Also, if you get any familiar to attack it, when the mole digs your familiar will follow it for a few steps. This shows you the rough direction that the mole went when it dug.

pere_grin.png

Lumbridge teleport is pretty close to an altar. Best option is to bring house tabs, and use the altar in your house, and the Falador portal in your house.

Also, there are plenty of safespots along the walls of the cave. IIRC on the north east corner of the spawn room, there is a nice safespot that can be used for the main part of the kill.

Also, try using ruby and emerald enchanted bolts. Make sure you get a bolt spec with the emerald first, and try to get a bolt spec or 2 before it digs with the ruby. Then switch back to emerald (e) for the rest of the kill, or use broad bolts.

Try to safespot it wherever the wall juts out. You will realize that a lot of the safespots work in one direction, but not in the other.

Range pots will help tons. Also, if you get any familiar to attack it, when the mole digs your familiar will follow it for a few steps. This shows you the rough direction that the mole went when it dug.

I don't have a house yet hehehe...:(

And emerald (e) doesn't stack with normal poison does it? I'll use them next time, thanks for the tip!

I might go for 52 summoning first then go mole hunting, I have the charms saved up, just haven't bother with it -.-

On a side note, just got a starved effigy and a hard clue in one drop =D

Get a Terrorbird, it will help a lot. Not only with Run energy, but after the mole digs, the terrorbird ( or any familiar ) will follow in the direction it dug in.

You might want to borrow a KO weapon such as a dark bow (if ranging) or dragon claws (I think these don't work so well though, not sure). If you can use one, the dragon halberd is also nice for some high damage.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Back when I did the mole with range. I used the Emerald (e) bolts first and only ruby once I got the emerald spec. Then I finished the kill with emerald bolts, and when I found the mole near death, I used a Dbow for the guaranteed damage to kill it.

Yeah, if you have the charms to get a terrorbird, definitely get it. The scrolls really speed up the time it takes to find the mole again.

Emerald (e) bolts are nice for poisoning it because you can poison from a safespot.

A good way to find safespots is look for where the wall juts out a few blocks. If the mole is attacking you, stand next to where the wall juts out, so the mole is walking along the wall to get to you. If the safespot works, the mole will hit the wall and stop. Because of the shape of the mole, a lot of safespots along the wall only work in one direction. Safespots like the northeast corner of the spawn room work in both directions tho.

pere_grin.png