Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

Access to Forums and more Jagex attention to us.

I belive when first released the forums where open to free players too however they just cannot cope. I personally would love to have free players on the forums if there where not so darn many of them!

Currently there are over 1million members, every week on the forums we gte posts in the millions, it would not be an exaduration to say it's one of the the worlds bussiest forums.

There are currently according to the coporate site 5.4million active players world wide, could they honestly hope with an extra 4.4million people?

It's a sad fact it just could not possibly cope with the demand no matter how nice it could be (ignores the imature free players)

sig2webzx7.jpg

Access to Forums and more Jagex attention to us.

I belive when first released the forums where open to free players too however they just cannot cope. I personally would love to have free players on the forums if there where not so darn many of them!

Currently there are over 1million members, every week on the forums we gte posts in the millions, it would not be an exaduration to say it's one of the the worlds bussiest forums.

There are currently according to the coporate site 5.4million active players world wide, could they honestly hope with an extra 4.4million people?

It's a sad fact it just could not possibly cope with the demand no matter how nice it could be (ignores the imature free players)

This is another problem. Forum worlds? World 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... :P

I didn't put much thought into this, I'm not even sure if it's a good idea or not. I shut down part of my brain a few hours ago, sorry.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Hey [cabbage], there is over 1 billion fletching exp in the game. It takes 14m yew long bows to get 1 billion exp. Now, the top 5 fletchers have 1 billion between them. I'd say that there is probally atleast another billion exp in the game betweene verybody else so that means that 28m+ yews have been cut. Thats close to 5 billion exp. There is now way you members together have 5 billion woodcutting exp between you guys. Which means without us you wouldn't have that exp which means you people need us alot mroe than you can admit.

Right, so what you're saying is, members depend on f2p because of their woodcutting exp? Makes sense...

The point of that post it to prove that without F2P members could not run. If members can't spend their time in banks alching the yews people fletch it means people get unhappy. Then members quit. Then Jagex loses money. Then updates stop happening. Then the members who weren't directly effected by the yew prices flying through the roof are effected by no updates. Then they quit. Now Jagex has no money.

F2P is what keeps this game moving. Most members don't understand that and the ones that do are the ones who realise that F2P should get something for keeping the game rolling smoothly.

Without F2P members can't do [cabbage]. We are cheap labor waiting to be hired. I actually hope that Jagex gets rid of F2P sometimes. Sure, I won't be able to play RS but I will get to laugh at all the members who whine on the forums about yews going up. And lobsers going up. And runes going up. The lack of coal in the game. I'm betting after a month of no recources most members would glady give F2P more bankspace if they came back.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Here's my problem with allowing f2p on the forums, and probably why Jagex doesn't allow them on.

F2P General Forum topics:

Buy RuneScape Gold at cheapgold.com!

need free money

~~Cheap RuneScape items and gold at rs-items.com..

**** jagex and ****** their ********* ****** omg **** it!

Selling cheap member pins - PM me!

etc, etc, etc....

:ohnoes:

(None of the websites are real, I am not begging, insulting Jagex, selling member pins, or advertising or in any way encouraging real world trading.)

See what I mean? You think ad bots and noobs (NOT newbs) are bad ingame? What about the forums?

Forums for F2p would be nice, but I just don't see how it could work out..just so everyone who suggested it understands.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

They would die from lack or recources. I mean, everybody would be effected.

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Rangers>No C-balls or arrows

Smithers>No coal,iron, mith, addy, or rune

Firemakers>No willow and yews

Fletches>No Yews and and willows

Runecrafters>No regular essence

Crafting>No hides

Agility and thieving would have less food to use, since all these skills now take more money, less to spend on construction. Slayer goes with mage range and melee. Only skill not effected would be herblore and farming. But even they would feel a small effect.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

When a F2P player gets 99 it really is an acheivement since members usully get a lot of exp. from the quests where as F2P players have to do the whole 99 by them-selves. And usully the resource they are going for has 300 lvl 3 bots competing with them.

So I say any F2P player that has lvl 99 in a skill congratulations on a extra special acheivement

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

Agility and thieving would have less food to use, since all these skills now take more money, less to spend on construction. Slayer goes with mage range and melee. Only skill not effected would be herblore and farming. But even they would feel a small effect.

There wouldn't be a total lack of resources. There's some players out there who are fairly self suffient. It would have a devestating effect, but it wouldn't destroy it completely. And how would herblore & farming suffer from a lack of F2P resources?

Ananke32.png

F2P needs a good mage armor from Dragon Slayer. Melees get rune plate, rangers get green dragon body, but what do mages get? Nothing. The best mage armor f2p has are wizard robes and hat. That's right- the stuff that the wizards in the wizard tower, or the dark wizards south of Varrock drop. This hugely imbalances the combat triangle; a melee can easily kill a mage.

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

I too wish that just for one week no one could log on F2P. But Jagex doesn't care. They're millionaires, but they don't wanna spend a thousand bucks.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

They wouldn't lack too much, though. There's a few thousand that can cut their own logs, and whatever. Though the majority comes from F2P.

Mage armor. Mage armor. It is needed, damn, just wizard top and hat give a magic bonus! If some warrior (Warrior->Ranger->Mage->Warrior) went PKing, and found a mage equal to him, he'd kill the sorry magic guy. Not mystic set, or whatever. Could be a new set. I'm not purely a mage, but that's unfair seeing that warriors have 6 sets, rangers have 3 and mages 1?

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

Are you kidding? ALL of those skills would feel a small effect, members don't completely depend on f2ps, they could easily cope.

happysigbp0.jpg

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

Are you kidding? ALL of those skills would feel a small effect, members don't completely depend on f2ps, they could easily cope.

But your wrong.

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

Half true. Most product is brought in by F2Ps, however P2Ps aren't completely dependent on them.

Cookers>No lobs and fish

Meleers>No lobs

Mages>No elemental runes

Crafting>No hides

What percentage of resources do you reckon come from P2P?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

My guess is, P2P would lose ~50-60% of raw materials they are getting by both P2P and F2P. Admit it, P2P is really not independet from F2P. Lets say JaGEx clears F2P from everything, bot gfarmers etc., I admit, we have a lot of them.

Do you remember when JaGEx took care of wood-autoers. *cough* yews 400 *cough*

Now try to imagine what if F2P has been closed even for a week. My estimates:

Lobs-350+

Willows/yews-50/500+

Ess-60+

Basic runes- 3x+ prices etc...

rsdeadst7oq2.jpg

Friend of PKGodz

Members wouldn't be able to cope. Members fishing spots would become more crowded meaning less fish sold which means less cooking which means less food which means less fighting, which means less good drops, which means less money is moved around in the game. And thats if they just took away fishing. If they took away woodcutting, you would kill the nat economy, kill the fletchers, kill people buying logs, and other stuff.

Members would stand nooooo chance.

We (p2p) wont be so sad if f2p close. Did you know that i can cut my own yew log to get my fletching lvl? it will just take more time... p2p will just cut there own log, pick/spin there own flax, fish there own fish, etc.
You do not speak for the majority. Many members depend on raw materials gained from free players, and would not be pleased to all of a sudden have to get their own. There would be a dramatic effect if F2P was shut down or what-not.

We (p2p) wont be so sad if f2p close. Did you know that i can cut my own yew log to get my fletching lvl? it will just take more time... p2p will just cut there own log, pick/spin there own flax, fish there own fish, etc.
You do not speak for the majority. Many members depend on raw materials gained from free players, and would not be pleased to all of a sudden have to get their own. There would be a dramatic effect if F2P was shut down or what-not.

They wouldn't have to get their own though. They'd still be able to buy from other P2P players. There's really no difference between buying from a F2Per and biuying from a P2Per.

Ananke32.png

Can you imagin how many autoers we would get in members?! without f2p there would be so so many issues.

F2P is what keeps this game balanced..... sure adverage levels of maturity are lower but they are a support that members stands on..... we need them.

sig2webzx7.jpg

^^100% agreed. That is one of the reasons F2P still exists, I think. That and the obvious benefits of letting potential members play a while before forcing them into paying (which would turn many away).

They wouldn't have to get their own though. They'd still be able to buy from other P2P players. There's really no difference between buying from a F2Per and biuying from a P2Per.

There would still be a major drop in the amount of raw materials. so they would either have to buy fewer numbers at a time, buy less often, or collect some or all of their own. Personally, I would get all of my own if I was P2P, but I know many who would hate to have to do it.

I think it would be pretty cool if they had Capes of Achievement. But I would hate it if they had access to the forums (posting, I mean) because the forums would become full of spam.

Big difference to the current forums =; :-#

Yes, it probably will get spammy. But members saying that they don't spam the forums is a joke.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg