Tip.It Times - 13th February 2011

Racheya

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are several important points you miss:

firstly bots can not only destroy the income of skills for honest players, but also destroy the abiltiy to do certain skills. what is the averge time a yew stands up at fally yews now? an honest player cant get more than a couple swings when the bots are in full force there. fishing and gold mining have had prices crash because they have longer lasting resources, and many non skillers are starting to realise there are bots camped at many combat areas and slayer spots.

second, and a big one:

RWT can destroy the game completely in a way most players don't realise. If gp can be traded for real money then legally it becomes a currency with an exchange rate, Jagex are obliged to report ALL cash earnt in runescape for income tax reasons as you are effectively gaining real money. Then we get into the world of anyone playing rs at all being obliged to deal with tax forms since if you have multiple incomes you have to do it yourself, and then underage working laws....and labour law limits how many hours you are allowed to work per day...If Jagex don't stop it the game is destroyed.

luckily rwt is more easy to control and is relatively minor. the hard part is the mass bots, dozens or more owned by each main. In old days jagex was banning 30k accounts a week, yet 35k more were being made. Bots have been forced to get more advanced and tracking them is getting harder. I've seen many of the jagex bot ban sessions where a jmod goes to one of the hotspots, logs any suspicious names, then goes to trace the bots to their mains and any other bots: sometimes 1 name can stop 50 bots...but it needs a lot of manpower

Creater of QuestRanker

"I hate it when my target's die laughing, makes me think my fly is open or something"

-Me

well the price horse has been beaten to death, so i won't address it for the thousandth time

firstly bots can ... also destroy the abiltiy to do certain skills. what is the averge time a yew stands up at fally yews now? an honest player cant get more than a couple swings when the bots are in full force there.

you can chop other trees OR you can chop yews in other locations

Jagex are obliged to report ALL cash earnt in runescape for income tax reasons as you are effectively gaining real money. Then we get into the world of anyone playing rs at all being obliged to deal with tax forms since if you have multiple incomes you have to do it yourself, and then underage working laws....and labour law limits how many hours you are allowed to work per day...If Jagex don't stop it the game is destroyed.

lmfao. that's like saying if i spend my free time weaving baskets i need to pay taxes on the value of those baskets. i would only need to pay taxes on the baskets if i sell them.

I know there is more to this than just money the guys at tip it know it as well there is a real seedy side to runescape knowbody is talking about. The money that those bots make goto people who harm and enslave others they also by weapons with that money.

I think the mods should have more power. They should be able to teleport suspected bots to a room and ask them questions. Then give them a test if they can't pass put them in a world where they can play the game but cant trade with anyone but other people from that world forever ....... There can be a lot of variables to this but this could eliminate a lot of problems.

Tritous, I think you make the most valid point regarding bots!! Your first point about destroying the income of skills for honest players is exactly what I am concerned about because like many honest players that is how I make my money. Since the return of free trade and pking I have seen an enormous increase in bots. One person in a previous post said bots were good because they make the cost of supplies lower, but what about the person that is making their gp by selling raw materials like the yews that you mentioned? I totally agree with you!! Thank you for your common sense comment. I hope Jagex will listen.

there are several important points you miss:

firstly bots can not only destroy the income of skills for honest players, but also destroy the abiltiy to do certain skills. what is the averge time a yew stands up at fally yews now? an honest player cant get more than a couple swings when the bots are in full force there. fishing and gold mining have had prices crash because they have longer lasting resources, and many non skillers are starting to realise there are bots camped at many combat areas and slayer spots.

second, and a big one:

RWT can destroy the game completely in a way most players don't realise. If gp can be traded for real money then legally it becomes a currency with an exchange rate, Jagex are obliged to report ALL cash earnt in runescape for income tax reasons as you are effectively gaining real money. Then we get into the world of anyone playing rs at all being obliged to deal with tax forms since if you have multiple incomes you have to do it yourself, and then underage working laws....and labour law limits how many hours you are allowed to work per day...If Jagex don't stop it the game is destroyed.

luckily rwt is more easy to control and is relatively minor. the hard part is the mass bots, dozens or more owned by each main. In old days jagex was banning 30k accounts a week, yet 35k more were being made. Bots have been forced to get more advanced and tracking them is getting harder. I've seen many of the jagex bot ban sessions where a jmod goes to one of the hotspots, logs any suspicious names, then goes to trace the bots to their mains and any other bots: sometimes 1 name can stop 50 bots...but it needs a lot of manpower

mistress_glo.png

well the price horse has been beaten to death, so i won't address it for the thousandth time

firstly bots can ... also destroy the abiltiy to do certain skills. what is the averge time a yew stands up at fally yews now? an honest player cant get more than a couple swings when the bots are in full force there.

.. and what, pray tell, happens when the game is so over-populated with bots that you can no longer log in?

nyuseg.png

it's beaten to death for you because you don't use it to earn cash. Yes, nobody has to chop yews to earn cash, but some like to do just that, and there's no reason why they should get a lower income because of bots

What happens if every yew tree has bots at it? Are you honestly saying that it's ok for runescape players to be forced out of their playstyle because of bots

Jagex are obliged to report ALL cash earnt in runescape for income tax reasons as you are effectively gaining real money. Then we get into the world of anyone playing rs at all being obliged to deal with tax forms since if you have multiple incomes you have to do it yourself, and then underage working laws....and labour law limits how many hours you are allowed to work per day...If Jagex don't stop it the game is destroyed.

lmfao. that's like saying if i spend my free time weaving baskets i need to pay taxes on the value of those baskets. i would only need to pay taxes on the baskets if i sell them.

True. There are games with microtranscations, and obviously every player has to fill out tax forms for that[/sarcasm]

i never said it's okay. i'm sayint that's the way it is, and you have to adapt until jagex gets their [cabbage] together.

i don't get your second point.

Of course the only way to deal with it is somehow adapting if Jagex doesn't change anything...but isn't that exactly the point? That Jagex SHOULD change something? That their passiveness(sometimes more like encouraging) way is NOT right?

My second point is that, if you don't do something you would like to do in RS because of bots, then something is seriously amiss. If bots grow so bad that, let's say every yew tree(or chinchompa hunting spot or w/e) is too crowded to do the certain skill, then that means bots are forcing legit players out of their playstyle. This is, imo, in NO way acceptable and should really be fought against. True, there will always be a certain percentage of bots in rs, but as long as they don't suppress the legit players then it's not a big deal. With the current situation, bots do suppress legit players in some ways though.

In regards to the first topic, I don't think we have to worry about RWTers becoming too powerful. Don't forget, that as a failsafe, Jagex could always just reinstate the trade limit. Thus making RWTer's efforts once again useless.

personally, free trade is overrated, and I think more and more people are realizing what mistake they made by voting yes on the free trade reinstatement poll. At least that is what I've seen from the RSOF.

In regards to the first topic, I don't think we have to worry about RWTers becoming too powerful. Don't forget, that as a failsafe, Jagex could always just reinstate the trade limit. Thus making RWTer's efforts once again useless.

personally, free trade is overrated, and I think more and more people are realizing what mistake they made by voting yes on the free trade reinstatement poll. At least that is what I've seen from the RSOF.

Honestly, I don't want to see the rage when they take out free trade and wildy again...and I don't think it will happen. I honestly doubt that, no matter how bad botting or RWT is going to become, as long as they get enough money from membership revenues, they will not take it out again. Even if it should ruin the game for a large number of legit players. They only took it out last time because of credit card fraud, and it seems like they have something against that now - but not against botting and RWTing in itself. Why should they care, they get their $

Why should they care, they get their $

The ultimate bot horizon theory? :rolleyes:

Sorry...what exactly would that be? lol

At the present time, there are so many bots in the game, and Jagex is doing nothing about it. Which means that, eventually the number of bots is only going to increase.

Based on that assumption, you can extrapolate that, eventually there will be so many bots in game that to actually acquire any resource goods within the game, you will need to either operate you own bot or, buy from a bot.

Bots cause an influx of materials. Materials drop in value due to their overwhelming supply. Eventually, it becomes of now purpose to acquire you own materials because they're worthless. So you assign a bot to do it.

Those skills requiring that you cannot "buy" materials for -- you simply get a bot to do them for you.

The end result is that the only way to play the game, besides possibly boss killing, is to operate a bot. As such, the game becomes so over-populated with bot that there are no real people playing anymore ...

nyuseg.png

Because the people that feel like they made the right decision when they voted for Wilde/Free Trade coming back are all busy making topics about how awesome it is. /sarcasm

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Reply To The Autonomous Problem

I believe whoever wrote this article may not have been playing RS for a long time. Jagex used a form of captcha quite some time ago to try to get rid of botters, inadvertently making everyone in the game world mad.

More can be read here http://www.google.com/search?q=runescape+history+fatigue+system

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.