Grim_

Should Kingmaker continue?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well, should it?

• Yes
    • No
    • [s]moderate[/s] undecided/ doesn't matter
    • Muffins!@!!!!!!!!1one
  2. 2. If no, then what system should be used?

• Pathfinder, again
    • Dresden Files rpg
    • Shadow run
    • Legend of the Five rings
    • FATAL

I dunno Retech, if you fall behind cause of your obsession with bows then you're going to be weak compared to us, inquisitors at high level get quite a few very powerful spells (some of them being insta kills)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I've got a bunch of survival spells too. Plus a lawful good inquisitor who worships a war god is going to want some pretty powerful spells.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I think that my character will be reasonably strong by the time I get a feat or two more. I mean, once I get manyshot, mobility, and shot on the run, I could ride on my horsey near an enemy, fire three arrows with positive attack bonuses at them, and then ride away. I still get druid spells too, so that would help cover our horrible lack of spellcasters.

Sample standard attack:

+4 Dexterity Modifier

-2 Rapid Shot modifier (fires additional arrow)

+5 Base attack modifier (for when I can actually get the many shot)

+1 Point-blank shot modifier

+1 Aspect of the Falcon modifier

And extra arrow from manyshot

[1d20+9][1d20+9][1d20+9]

Then if they hit, the damage would be

+2 Strength Modifier

+1 Point-blank shot modifier

[1d8+3][1d8+3][1d8+3]

Which is basically a level four spell, but without exposing myself to danger. Just because I am trying a unique character that doesn't actually optimize doesn't mean that it isn't effective. I think this comes around level 7.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'm kind of a spellcaster. Not quite as versatile as most though.

I make up for it with the ability to use explosives en masse.

Also, Retech, are you sure that is correct? As I recall, your base attack bonus lowers with each additional shot you take. And what level would that be at?

2Xeo5.png

Either level seven or when we get three more feats, whichever takes longer. I mean, I can still shoot two arrows right now, but I have to be more careful when manuevering because I won't be able to shoot in between movements.

Manyshot gives you a free second arrow fired as part of the first shot.

Rapid shot gives you another extra arrow, but has an attack penalty of -2 for all the arrows fired.

All of these archery feats work nicely with one another, it seems.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Probaly. I saw that there was a penalty when the mount was taking a double move, which means that mount moves don't count as your moves (since otherwise, how could you do something else?). Also, it didn't say if there was a penalty for anything except moving at double and quadruple, and I am quite happy moving at 50ft.

I was looking for the rules for two hours, but I couldn't find it, so I just thought that this was pretty straightforward enough, and anything that we needed could be checked under the ride rules. It seems that Grim has tacitly approved it, so life moves on. :P

How often do you gain feats?

Ah cool, so that means that it'll be ready around level 8, since I'll need to wait for the base attack bonus.

On the other hand, it'll mean that I'll have some extra feats to spread around. :thumbup:

Edited for gamebreaking content

:)

I think I will try neutral good this time around, since I am not a Drow anymore.

Sorry for not being on for awhile today. I had a dentists appointement I was unaware of. I would however like to do a session tomorrow (starting at 10 AM or so Pacific standard time).

LNYvk.png

We could still have it today. :P

Unfortunately I can't come tomorrow, because I am taking the AMC10 B and then I have a cello lesson. Also, isn't it Dungeoneering tomorrow?

From 10:30 GMT till 1-ish, yes.

And since D&D is the sort of game which means you are expected to attend, I suppose wednesday is unsuitable for it due to lack of Retech.

I am not entirely worried, Thursday is fine for me, as is every other day. It's up to you, Grim.

2Xeo5.png

I could've sworn I made a Human Druid character for the last time we tried Maptool... I'd like to play this but I just can't tackle the reading right now. Is this any different from 3.5?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

There is a sizeable amount of balancing stuff, but it isn't that different. Basically if you know 3.5, then you should know most of 3.75.

Erm... I think I need a bit more to work with in creating my character, care to point me to some non-download guidelines for character creation?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Is it a bad idea to play an elderly man?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's up to you. At old age, you lose 2 points from all physical statistics, and gain 1 for all mental statistics.

In the long run, that doesn't matter much. It actually makes a caster better, but that is not to say you couldn't be an elderly paladin and still be awesome or some such.

2Xeo5.png

Thursday works well for me. There's no real reason not to play an old man (it gives some rather nice bonuses if you ask me). Yeah, you have a 6 person party but no one with charisma worth a damn or with too many social classes (well the inquisitor can probably do some of it). On the plus side if you coordinate your skills I can throw all sorts of challenges at you (and Note; there will be enough down time to make crafting/enchanting items viable).

LNYvk.png