Black Demons + Cannon

Vulxai

I've read about Black Demons and cannon in Tav for charms as opposed to bursting. This intrigued me as I was never crazy about bursting lobs.

1) What would a good melee set-up be? (No exts/tum/yak/chaotics)

2) Is it worth to bank/urn the ashes?

3) How many cballs does the average trip take?

4) What are the rates (taking into consideration my stats) of melee xp and charms?

5) Anything else I should know?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

1. Elite void melee w/ dragon defender and whip, fury, fire or soul wars cape (depending on whether you bank with a non-yak), d boots, berserker ring.

2. IMO, no, but I don't know how wealthy you are. You won't break 400k/hr profit I think. As for urns, just bring a tort full and take them out as needed.

3. Depends on trip length, I do 3 ovl - 14 ppot - 2k cannonballs approx.

4. The high rates are 100k melee, 60k range, effigy every 1.5 hrs and 130 crims/hr + a load of gold and green. Reduce that by 10-20%, the cannon does a lot of work so it's not quite linear with your primary weapon dps. Be sure to lure well.

5. The greatest improvement would be the yak, followed by rapier, followed by extremes or turmoil, followed by overloads.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

1. Elite void melee w/ dragon defender and whip, fury, fire or soul wars cape (depending on whether you bank with a non-yak), d boots, berserker ring.

2. IMO, no, but I don't know how wealthy you are. You won't break 400k/hr profit I think. As for urns, just bring a tort full and take them out as needed.

3. Depends on trip length, I do 3 ovl - 14 ppot - 2k cannonballs approx.

4. The high rates are 100k melee, 60k range, effigy every 1.5 hrs and 130 crims/hr + a load of gold and green. Reduce that by 10-20%, the cannon does a lot of work so it's not quite linear with your primary weapon dps. Be sure to lure well.

5. The greatest improvement would be the yak, followed by rapier, followed by extremes or turmoil, followed by overloads.

^He covered most of it.

I did it for slayer so I used a slayer mask and whip/ddf

I went there twice and all I took was the cannon, wrench, dusty key, 5 urns, left 4 slots open for drops and the rest pp

I finished my task of like 160ish before I used 5 Ppots(4) but I wore intiate

You're definitely better off with range attack boosting gear (I had pretty bad range boosts so the cannon hit 0's a bit). I don't think you should go void - get a mixture of prayer and range gear since the cannon far outdamaged me. Since it's multi - I just set up my cannon near the far left (when you go in - you should see a spot with bunched up demons, just set it up there). I never really had a problem with my cannon hitting 2/3 demons at any one time.

EDIT:

Unless you have a yak - don't bother banking.

It's really annoying if you're going to bank every few minutes especially since the cannon kills them pretty quick. I would suggest bringing like 8 or so urns and just banking when the urns are all gone.

You can always make back money a different way.

capt%20kevin.png

You're definitely better off with range attack boosting gear (I had pretty bad range boosts so the cannon hit 0's a bit). I don't think you should go void - get a mixture of prayer and range gear since the cannon far outdamaged me. Since it's multi - I just set up my cannon near the far left (when you go in - you should see a spot with bunched up demons, just set it up there). I never really had a problem with my cannon hitting 2/3 demons at any one time.

The attack style your using, NOT range attack effects your cannons accuracy.

Also, Tavelry is NOT multi so idk what you're talking about.

Quy covered most of it, if you have 70+ agility and value your time fairly low you could use a tort and bank the ashes, but if you value your time over ~1m p/h (you should), don't bother.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

The attack style your using, NOT range attack effects your cannons accuracy.

Also, Tavelry is NOT multi so idk what you're talking about.

Quy covered most of it, if you have 70+ agility and value your time fairly low you could use a tort and bank the ashes, but if you value your time over ~1m p/h (you should), don't bother.

My bad OP - I think I got confused because I was at Taverley the other day for both black demons and hellhounds and somehow confused the fact that the black demons were in a non multi zone :(

Also, I read up on the dwarf multicannon - I was told ign (game chat) that the cannon was affected by range level + range bonus. This was wrong however, and is shown on wiki:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf_multicannon

In that case you might as well stack a bonus whether it be stab/slash/crush/etc and just focus on that to get the cannon to hit more often. However, you should still think about some prayer gear - a pros leg + a sw cape would probably make a pretty large difference if you're going to stay for a while.

capt%20kevin.png

Elite void has a +8 prayer bonus, Litter ;).

@ sumond: Chaos tunnels waterfiends w/ cmaul + iron titan. If you want to finish off magic and ranged, you could also try chinning or barraging nechryeals (or barraging lobsters of course), or cannon + range on black demons. Waterfiends would be the most efficient at your income I think (since you don't have extremes, but you could be a good merchant of course), followed by barraging. Since you can do CT fiends I'd only do black demons for the ranged xp. If you want a break, try skeletal wyverns w/ dfs, rapier/cls and yak. It's profit and decent crims, though not great.

I assume that you want 99 summoning pretty fast and you don't care too much for slayer, because if you did, it'd obviously be the best.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

@Summondskull

I've just done a lot of testing of this tonight. I need to update my method in the guide, but I can give you some TLDR's in here.

You will need summoning potions ~ 20 of them.

500k Profit per hour

70k melee xp an hr (this should be higher but with all the clicking, picking up & scrolling, lose quite a lot of attack turns.)

55k Ranged Xp

EQUIVALENT CRIMSON RATES: These INCLUDE Effigy rates & the lamp going towards summoning @ level 92 & the xp being converted back into an equivalent crimson charm. The waterfiends are not based on max stats & maul but should be rough.

Bursting: 170

Barraging: 240

Waterfiend Ancient Cavern: 150

Waterfiend Chaos Tunnels: 205

Black Demon Cannon: 210 - 225 (150-165 without lamp)

These are equivalents based on pre level 96 summoning, so would perhaps be higher.

Waterfiends are still better if you don't use the lamp, or want a higher concentration of crimsons - you will get less effigies & profit however.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com