Dungeoneering Skillcape Game

Thewizard

I saw someone at the GE today playing the "dungeoneering cape game". The emote randomly turns you into a mage, melee, or range form if you have no attack bonuses. So I wondered if you put of a ring (berserker/archer/seers) to give you bonuses in that attack skill so that the better never gets it right. Is this possible? He also wouldn't know that you're doing this becuase you can't see equiped rings.

Any thoughts?

Thewizard713.png

[99 Cooking][99 Magic][99 Fletching][99 Range]

DK drops: Berserker:15/Axe:30/ Warrior:14/Archers:15/ Seers:10/ Mud:6/ Total:90

GWD Drops: (Bandos: 1x Hilt, 1x BCP, 2x boots)

seems similar to the seal game. you place a bet on what color of the seal the host will turn into when they do the emote

betscape pl0x

Yes, but I'm wondering if you can rig it by wearing rings to dictate the outcome?

Thewizard713.png

My understanding is that it is based on the type of weapon you're wielding, not the attack bonus... but I guess I could be wrong.

I do not understand the sudden trend with betting games... there is no way enough people are willing to put there money into losing odds that all of these "game" hosts are making any profit, not to mention the risk of getting straight up scammed.

What about a toad cannon game?

Basically you bet what colour toad was shot out of someone's cannon from Mourning's Ends.

I do not understand the sudden trend with betting games... there is no way enough people are willing to put there money into losing odds that all of these "game" hosts are making any profit, not to mention the risk of getting straight up scammed.

My friend was making upwards of 10-20M/day off of the Flower Game some weeks ago. Believe it or not, but people ARE stupid enough to bet. The trick to making any decent profit is to actually pay out, but you need to have the odds to where you basically make money no matter what. My friend would have someone bet 1M, and if they won, they were paid 800k. LOL.

People are dumb.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

seems similar to the seal game. you place a bet on what color of the seal the host will turn into when they do the emote

betscape pl0x

Yes, but I'm wondering if you can rig it by wearing rings to dictate the outcome?

if they do and the other person doesn't know which is likely then it is free money for the host

My understanding is that it is based on the type of weapon you're wielding, not the attack bonus... but I guess I could be wrong.

I seem to think that it is the bonus, because a chaotic staff with do a melee emote due to the fact that its melee bonuses are higher than its mage.

Thewizard713.png

This is exactly like the flower, dice, easter egg game except you have a greater chance of winning

due to the odds given are only 1 out of 3. It's nothing different then an ordinary game

of betting. Sheesh people, think outside the box for once. <_<

One problem though may be equiping melee/magic/ranged based items can alter the chances of succeeding.

ex: putting on a melee based weapon is guaranteed a primal melee set emote. So yeah. Not

a good idea if the guest doesn't know this.

Was it P.T Barnum that said a "sucker was born every minute"? :unsure:

Surely, there's something in the "greed factor" of would be players that think they can get something for nothing that draws them to these types of games?

I don't pretend to see their appeal either, but there's so many variations suddenly popping up everywhere.

nyuseg.png

This is exactly like the flower, dice, easter egg game except you have a greater chance of winning

due to the odds given are only 1 out of 3. It's nothing different then an ordinary game

One problem though may be equiping melee/magic/ranged based items can alter the chances of succeeding.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that the owner can equip rings to allow him to win everytime.

Thewizard713.png

Yeah, what I'm saying is that the owner can equip rings to allow him to win everytime.

Yes, but the question is whether or not the rings actually affect the result. I don't know the answer to this. We'd need someone to test-drive it and see what the results are first.

nyuseg.png

Yes, but the question is whether or not the rings actually affect the result. I don't know the answer to this. We'd need someone to test-drive it and see what the results are first.

Anyone have 99 Dungeoneering? :P

Thewizard713.png

Nope, I've only seem one win out of 10+ tries. Maybe he let's them win to try and draw others in? I really need someone with 99 Dungeoneering :P

Thewizard713.png

I'll go on and check whether or not it changes with rings

EDIT - The emote DOES change if you have a specific ring on (Seers for mage, warrior for warrior etc)

Cpt_Beard.png

I'll go on and check whether or not it changes with rings

EDIT - The emote DOES change if you have a specific ring on (Seers for mage, warrior for warrior etc)

Thank you. :)

Well, then you can pretty easily scam people with that. The owner of the game I see is making insane money. :/

Thewizard713.png

Betters can see how many inventory spaces he has open (and suspect that he is carrying rings)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender