[POLL] Is Dungeoneering a FAILURE?

Isthatok

Dungeoneering Poll  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Dungeoneering?

• Dungeoneering should not have existed; a complete failure in all respects.
    • Hate most of it, but somewhat fun at times.
    • Could be a lot better.
    • Like it, but some aspects are disappointing.
    • Really enjoy it; have nothing to complain about.
    • Love it. Best skill ever.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I hate is that my internet lags all the time. It makes dung so frustrating so I rarely play it.

^This ^

I find that I cannot do a dunge with any more than one other person. If there's three or more people in the dungeon, my computer simply gives up the ghost on it and I get discoed (often).

nyuseg.png

I can see how dungeoneering is similar to minigames, but the whole 'dungeoneering is not a skill' argument is ridiculous imo. Skills and minigames are defined by what Jagex say, and there is no reason they can't have cross overs in style, I think dungeoneering was a step in the right direction in terms of futures skills (a skill that requires SKILL?).

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I think the content could have been better.

Afterall, its a dungeon crawl not a skipfest.

Since its the year of [developmentally delayed]s errr.. clans and they need to risk everything to feel like they did something then I propose if you die in dungeoneering then your booted from the dungeon.

No xp.

Now thats risk for reward. :thumbup:

Hi, I'm an admin and keyer in DGS. I would absolutely kick you for not dying in a floor. If you're just standing outside of guardian rooms complaining about being low on prayer/food, you're wasting everyone's time. You know what the fastest way to replenish prayer and LP is? Take a wild guess. Every good dungeoneer knows that dying is sometimes necessary. Hoods are incredibly useful for every floor set (except for frozen).

As Gwyn pointed out, dungeoneering is far more complex than you think it is. You're trying to write off your ignorance as fact. You should work on that.

Obviously somebody else has to die but you since you don't have time to get prepared.

Sticking colored key in colored holes and doing some simple pattern recognition puzzles doesn't qualify as complex.

But if you think it is, then your making it so.

Do you actively cook shrimp at your level?

I personally don't like the skill, but there are aspects of it which I think were very well thought out by Jagex. These are: the graphics, sounds and high level armour+weapons inside the dungeons. I do think it has a LOT of potential. Below is one thing I have thought of since dungeoneering came out.

I would like to see skill specific 'outside dungeons' to train dungeoneering. By this I mean dungeons which only train ONE skill (plus dungeoneering xp of course). For example:

Firemaking dungeon: kill monsters by creating and lighting fire traps.

Farming dungeon: kill monsters by planting plant traps (including deadly vines and snaring plants).

Slayer dungeon: kill monsters using specific tools and at different times to complete each room. The slayer monsters are cunning here and can burrow, fly, and do all sorts.

After completing the boss room for that skill dungeon, a chest would appear (similar to the barrows chest). When you open the chest you would receive rewards as well as dungeoneering xp. There would also be a chance of obtaining a 'skill tome' for that skill dungeon. All rewards would be deposited into your bank after you leave or move onto the next floor.

Skill tomes:

If you completed a slayer dungeon for example, you could possibly receive a 'slayer tome' which provides some xp towards slayer - the amount here would depend on the complexity and floor level you completed. You would also receive dungeoneering xp, and some rewards up to your slayer level. The higher the complexity of the dungeon, the better chance of greater rewards. E.G.

You complete a floor 1, complexity 1 slayer dungeon, for slayer rewards you'd only receive a small amount like 100 pure essence etc. however say you're 85 slayer and complete a floor 45 slayer dungeon with complexity 6 on. There is a chance you could receive an abyssal whip - because you have access to abyssal demons. Note the higher complexity would be higher level slayer monsters which would use many tactics (burrowing/flying/dodging/teleporting/stunning etc.), making the dungeon very hard.

That's what I would like to see anyway. Also with skill specific dungeons, it could be an alternative way to obtain dungeoneering tokens, while training only the skills YOU want, and at your own pace. This would be the ultimate solo dungeon experience :-)

2vuhgcn.png