Hegemony

archimage_a

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can almost guarantee that you will have a massive drop in prestige if make/use biological weapons.

That being said: How much would this cost?

Soldier; South African

Primary armament: lasgun Standard assault rifle.

Equipment: Combat knife, entrenchment tool

Armour: Flak jacket. Troops may purchase better armour from their salaries.

LNYvk.png

Hmm, true.

For now, I'll cancel that project (put it on hold, rather) and begin recruiting an army (Providing moderate training and paying soldiers $60,000 a year)

Brazil announces a massive project to restore the Amazon rainforest. For the next 50-60 years, the project will completely balance Brazil's carbon emissions, making it basically the first country in the world that has a negative net amount of carbon released per year. Details have been seen to Archi already.

Further, the project will create a total of 900,000 long-term jobs.

-----

Economic stimulus money that people have been contributing are put in THEIR ECONOMIES, through infrastructure projects. Brazil will act to restore consumer confidence and end the global recession, the scourge of the Earth!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Can someone talk with Archi and get the approximate cost for soldiers in developing countries and in developed countries? Then we can post them on the front page and use them as a guidepost to price our own soldiers.

Probaly someone knowledgeable in that subject.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's strange, because I found this link that says that Brazillian average income seems to be about $3600 a year.

http://www.worldsalaries.org/brazil.shtml

I'm pretty sure that Brazil is one of the wealthier developing nations.

I know that it is monthly. Make sure you are looking at the second column and not the first, because the second is the actual amount of money. If you scroll down to bus driver or teacher, then you will see where I got my figures.

It generally starts from the high end and goes down.

For now, I'll keep mine at 60k a year. I'll adjust it in later years as I see fit.

Italy has also began to reduce carbon emissions. Project green (Forgive the terrible name) has been funded with $100,000,000. Companies will be taxed an extra .5% should they exert a certain amount of emissions (I honestly know nothing about the sciences behind this, so I'll just say a large amount). Funding will be used to encourage the public to "go green", and to develope greener products for the public.

Brazil requests that the great nation of Italy contribute 10% of its budget to economic stimulus within the country, like many other nations, to help reverse the economic recession. The money is recommended to be spent on infrastructure projects, which should put people to work and money in the economy.

That's the thing. I'm not asking for money for myself. I'm asking for you to spend 10% of your budget on infrastructure in Italy.

It helps show that Italy is willing to sacrifice to help the world through a tough time, which might net some prestige.

I'll give you 8% of the budget, in return for LOTS of publicity. Meaning a good public opinion of italy, I think.

Rob, don't do it. You haven't finalised the deal yet so I really advise that you back out.

When two countrys that are coping give large sums of money to each other it doesn't give positive publicity usually. It usually gives EXTREMELY NEGATIVE publicity because the public think some dodgy deals are going on. I advise that you use the money for improving your own economy.

qTLQRuS.png

Resistance doesn't know what he's talking about. Investing in industry is never bad.

It is if you're investing in somebody elses industry when you could be investing in your own.

I was suggesting that he invest in his own industry + infrastructure.

The important thing is our governments do it at around the same time, to give a positive surge to the markets and show that we are committed in moving forward past the recession. It is not the money that counts, but the attitude.

A breakdown of German budget (May change):

GDP: $3,305,898,000,000

IAD: $165,294,900,000

Research:

[hide]

Hydrogen Fuel Cells - Companies involved All German motor companies (Such as Audi), and Japanese motor companies (Japan has to confirm which ones)

Cost: 2 Billion

Paid: 1.5 Billion

Started: 15th

Completed: 23rd

Years left: 7

Hydroponic Towers - Company: Made up company (If I need to pay to set it up they're given an extra billion) Towering Acres

Cost: 2 Billion

Paid: 2 Billion

Completed: 18th

Years Left: 2

Artificial Intelligence - Funding to Japan.

Cost: 100 Trillion

Paid: 3 Billion

Completed: 14th May

Years Left: 59

Carbon Nanotubes - German Advanced Space Program [GASP] (I offer partnership with NASA)

Cost: 26 Billion

Completed: 14th April

Years Left: 28 (I think)

Smart Weapons - CompuWeapons (Made up)

Cost: 500 Million

Paid: 500 Million

Completed: 19th

Years Left: 3

SPEED TECH: Alternative Plasticts (As in plasticts not created by crude oil, this currently exists in real life, but it is experimental at best)

Paid: 1 billion

Started: 16th

CO2 Reduction Techniques (I literally did not know what else to call it)

Started: 16th

[/hide]

Changes made to Research:

Funding

Hydrogen Fuel Cells - Funded 1.5 Billion

Hydroponic Towers - Funded 2 Billion

AI - Funded 3 billion

Carbon Nanotubes - Funded 2 Billion

Smart Weapons - Funded 500 Million

Added:

Alternative Plasticts - 1 Billion

CO2 Reduction - 2 Billion

Research changes:

AI is no longer being researched, instead we're funding Japan's research.

Total Cost - 12 Billion

Military:

[hide]

Troop Recruitment Programs (Such as youth barracks, cadets, campaigns): 500 Million (Does this generate troops, or generally just increase quality?)

Army Maintenence - Assuming we have no or small Army, it will be low cost for this round - 1 Billion

Army Troop Recruiting (Instead of it being a program, these are the people who are signing up): Cost 5 Billion - Initial cost for quite a few troops

Army Training: 1 Billion (Quality)

Army Vehicles, vessels, planes, and such - Cost 5 Billion (Maintenence and construction) Until I get direct figures I'm doing it like this

Army Pension - 500 Million

[/hide]

Total Cost: 13 Billion

Infrastructure/Civillian

[hide]

10 Billion - Infrastructure, preparing places for the tower farms, improving low down areas, maintenence

1 Billion - National Security

Erm, I'm not good at economics, so I'm not able to do anything safe about that right now, I was considering paying money to help it, but that sounds silly to me.

[/hide]

Total Cost: 11 Billion

2010:

Research: 12 Billion

Military: 13 Billion

Civil: 11 Billion

Total: 36 Billion

Budget: 165,294,900,000

Remaining: 129,294,900,000 (I know it doesn't add up well, but a lot of these were just one time payments)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Upkeep raises taxes by 1% per 10 Billion you spent on the military. This money pays the troops.

^

Are we still doing that or can we just pay for the military using the figures given by Rocco?

Armies, Navies and Air Forces are not given out, you need to buy them in.

Provide a link to any prices you say or ask the mod.

Recruiting the same turn as you use them makes them 50% as good.

Upkeep raises taxes by 1% per 10 Billion you spent on the military. This money pays the troops.

I'll rework military tomorrow.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Rocco, I will deal with it later, I have it noted though.

Nero, you can start down the path to unity, say 15 years...

They are happy to form an alliance, trade routes...ect...but they don't want to sign over all their power to a super government just yet.

Sounds good to me.

---

And Arch can you give me the country info for Lithuania?