Rl RS Implications..

Freakyhair

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Because he thinks runescape is basically crack and once people try it they cant manage their lives

Because, believe it or not, for some people it is.

last i checked this was general discussion, not general agreeing with every post and not posting if you disagree.

so you are saying that runescape can give you english interaction, as can runescape fansites. if runescape fansites are okay, then runescape is okay; if runescape is okay, then runescape fansites are okay. i don't see why you are saying one is bad and one is good - what am i misundertanding?

im not saying runescapes not ok :ohnoes:

yeah man ive seen u use that general discussion not general agreein thing before. this is menna be a discussion about people who can't manage their time and have a problem with runescape. if you dont think its ever problem for anyone ever then yeah disagree, cos otherwise your just picking apart posts and posting generally annoying and imo stupid as [bleep] comments. your not big mate.

Bladewing - read my original post eh?? read the bit thats underlined, or how about reading the post a few posts up?? stop posting annoying messages where your disagreeing with something im not saying eh??

and ring world, it is seriously addicting for some people, is it not obvious?

I KNOW NOT EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT, I SAID THAT IN MY ORIGINAL POST, ARE YOU READING WHAT IM TYPING NOW? CAN YOU STOP TYPING THE SAME POSTS OVER AND OVER NOW?

People are addicted to pain killers should you take them away from everyone?

see straight up, what the [bleep] r u on about? when did i say runescape should be removed?? could u still not read what i typed?

rofl, proper use?

mate im sorry, the only things you could be arguing against that ive said is that people who regularly clock 6 hours a day should maybe take a look at the ammount of time they spend online. also that 18-20hours is clearly terrible.

do you disagree with either of them? neither of them make me suggest runescape is like crack.

but if you think that 6 hours is perfectly normal then fairplay, do u tell your real life friends you play for 6 hours? no because that's clearly not socially acceptable. maybe in certain situations but for the most part. if you wanna argue against that then do, but don't rip the piss and put words into my mouth?

^

Because he thinks runescape is basically crack and once people try it they cant manage their lives

I think that they should maybe manage themselves? If they are over 18...

If they are under 18 maybe JUST MAYBE the parents should do something about it?

Self control has no age limit. And good parenting isn'something that happens the moment a child is born.

Some people will always have a problem controlling themselves no matter what. Some people will always need to be told what to do. People have diffirent personalities. We do not all have the privilage to gow up in a good structured home with caring parents who help you onto the right path when we struggle. Saying what you just said kind of makes you sound both ignorant and uninformed :-?

Internet can be a real addiction just like any drug. Have you ever seen someone addicted to heroin say "Oh hey! Maybe i should manage myself a bit and just put this needle down and not use heroin anymore"? Because i honestly haven't. They need help. And so do many who are addicted to the internet/RS.

^

I think that they should maybe manage themselves? If they are over 18...

If they are under 18 maybe JUST MAYBE the parents should do something about it?

Self control has no age limit. And good parenting isn'something that happens the moment a child is born.

Some people will always have a problem controlling themselves no matter what. Some people will always need to be told what to do. People have diffirent personalities. We do not all have the privilage to gow up in a good structured home with caring parents who help you onto the right path when we struggle. Saying what you just said kind of makes you sound both ignorant and uninformed :-?

Internet can be a real addiction just like any drug. Have you ever seen someone addicted to heroin say "Oh hey! Maybe i should manage myself a bit and just put this needle down and not use heroin anymore"? Because i honestly haven't. They need help. And so do many who are addicted to the internet/RS.

if you can't play runescape and manage your time, then yes you should quit.

however this is no reason for everyone else who can manage their time properly to be forced into the same action.

I told you you wouldn't quit.

Look, you're still arguing with people on a Runescape fansite, on a thread in which you stated you "cba" nonetheless.

yeah its pretty bad, havnt logged into rs tho, jus checking this topic and off topic.. i wont play rs again man, can honestly say that. but right now i got personal reasons for wanting to internet browse and chat for an hour or so a day. wanna join another forum but i dunno what yet??

and yeah fairplay ring if your arguing against that, that's not the point of the thread i didnt really think that through, i edited it out cos i dont wanna get into a discussion about it. i know they probably never will include a counter and i dont care either. and if i think about ti 20h is pretty dam short, thats like 1-2hours weekdays and 3-4 weekends. i dont really agree with forcing people to play either.

so this thread is now just "some people become addicted to rs and play too much and it interferes with their life?

nice public service announcement - it doesn't belong in general DISCUSSION since there is nothing to discuss.

so this thread is now just "some people become addicted to rs and play too much and it interferes with their life?

nice public service announcement - it doesn't belong in general DISCUSSION since there is nothing to discuss.

try reading my original post again, in fact the very first sentance. i mean paragraaph

I told you you wouldn't quit.

Look, you're still arguing with people on a Runescape fansite, on a thread in which you stated you "cba" nonetheless.

yeah its pretty bad, havnt logged into rs tho, jus checking this topic and off topic.. i wont play rs again man, can honestly say that. but right now i got personal reasons for wanting to internet browse and chat for an hour or so a day. wanna join another forum but i dunno what yet??

and yeah fairplay ring if your arguing against that, that's not the point of the thread i didnt really think that through, i edited it out cos i dont wanna get into a discussion about it. i know they probably never will include a counter and i dont care either. and if i think about ti 20h is pretty dam short, thats like 1-2hours weekdays and 3-4 weekends. i dont really agree with forcing people to play either.

1. No one is being forced to play. The fact that you don't have self control =/= you are being forced to play.

2. Quit worrying about how much other people play. It's annoying.

3. If you've made your point now, then quit coming back to discuss nonsense on this thread. Like blade said, there is no more discussion value left (I'd beg to differ that there was any to start).

4. 90% of this thread is a flamefest. Seeing as it doesn't provoke discussion in any way, it's mainly spam always at the top of the list in this topic. Lock would be nice.

Trollbomber.png

To both Bladewing and Ring_World, i can't really agree more with you the two of you. Although a 20 Hour limit would be the best thing that could ever happen to certain players, to people like me it would be all hell on earth. I play about a minimum of 25 hours a week. Why? Because i have the time. My job is a joke and my studies are done through corospondence. I find myself waking up in the morning, doing my 4 or 5 hours of studying, i go to work if im needed and then the rest of the day i play RS. I still go out with my friends whenever they want to (and none of them play Runescape so clearly it doesnt interfere) and i still get decent grades when it comes to exams. I spend more than enough time with my family and i still watch the rugby with my dad every weekend. I don't see why i should suffer under a 20 Hour limit because someone else failed to manage his time.

But then again i look at when i first started playing RS at age 16. My time management was nothing what it is today. So i kind of get where the OP is coming from. But i don't see why i should cut down from a six-pack to 1 beer a day just because he's a lightweight that can't handle his drink.

Pointless thread there are alot things worse than RS. I probably put in 6+hrs/day into RS like 5 days a week, and I'm still maintaining a 3.4 in my Uni. Also Ik plenty of people who smoke pot at elast once everyday which I would say is alot unhealthier than RS, and some of them have higher GPAs then me.

It's all about self control and self management.

The only people that call others no lifes for the most part are those still in grade school, and haven't experienced life w/o parents.

People do waaaayyy worse than RS addictions, and still contribute a lot ot society.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Trololololol

Lrn2manageyourtime

Also your logic about not benefiting society is disappoint.

/endtroll

OT: sorry you quit, less competition for resources for me! Have fun playing with a ball in the sun all day instead of sitting at your computer doing something that matters.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword