Nex: The Full Arsenal?

Blutters

I'm serious about going to Nex within the near future.

What are ALL of the different equipments I'm going to need?

For example, I've seen people with Staff of Light in pictures. That's just not obvious, lol.

I can list that I know I will need...

Void Ranger Helm

Void Deflector

Void Elite Robe

Void Gloves

Armadyl Chestplate

Ranger Boots

Ava's Alerter

Onyx Ring (I)

Amulet of Fury

Chaotic Crossbow

Chaotic Maul

Dragon Claws

Ancient Ceremonial set

Staff of Light (apparently!)

Scroll of Rigour*

Ruby Bolts (E)

2dgucz6.png

Even air is fired with deadly force from the Chaotic Crossbow. :shades:

__ __

Actually, when I heard people say that players can't outdamage the Blood Phase solo, I wondered why they didn't step up to the good stuff, Dragon Bolts (E).

I don't know what bolts people use there. I guess I can make up for that by saying that at least I've memorized the phases...

2dgucz6.png

Rapier, Nex gear, ely or div, unholy book, spec rests, sanfew serum

Ruby e is most likely the best bolt

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Pernix items, Armadyl chainskirt, dragon claws.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Don't use armadyl armor, I see a lot of people don't like that and only accept elite void on their teams. You also will want ely/divine/spectral spirit shield.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Sorry to thread jack but im curious to this too :o maybe we can both learn from my questions (i dont want to fill H&A with more nex threads)

-Is Spectral better than a DFS for nex Because its attack bonuses > DFS's defensive bonuses?

-Diamond bolts along with Ruby Bolts? Or does the extra damage done by ruby bolts outweigh the fact that they damage you too.

Are there any Nex Hunting clans that would take me/him in and help us learn?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Sorry to thread jack but im curious to this too :o maybe we can both learn from my questions (i dont want to fill H&A with more nex threads)

-Is Spectral better than a DFS for nex Because its attack bonuses > DFS's defensive bonuses?

-Diamond bolts along with Ruby Bolts? Or does the extra damage done by ruby bolts outweigh the fact that they damage you too.

Are there any Nex Hunting clans that would take me/him in and help us learn?

Zammy book > any shield thats not divine/ely/deflector

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Okay guys it's basically like...

1. Get everything for the best Nex set-up possible that I can reasonably afford (this meaning bare minimum of supplies to get one drop)

2. Use that first drop money to buy many more supplies

3. Slowly upgrade my gear (I really want to go from ACP to Pernix Top, that's my biggest goal!)

Now someone please tell me what SOLs are for?

And do people use C Rapier at all? The Blood Phase, perhaps?

2dgucz6.png

sols are for tanking on the last form - take off your chest and leg armors (this pulls her aggro on you), pray melee, and activate sol special

rapier is used on mages only.

Then... What is the C Maul for? :blink:

Don't worry, I'll get my stuff straight well before I try to join a team. At this point I am familiar with the phases, just not all the specifics...

2dgucz6.png

c maul is for use on smoke, blood, ice, and curses phases if you are using curses for turmoil (instead of prayer for rigour)

Oh wow. Are you telling me that that's an option? Because Rigour is the last stone in my path, so to speak, at least if my other gear is acceptable.

Do people switch to Bandos Chestplate/Void Melee Helm if using the Deflector loadout with C Rapier? Do they switch to Void Elite Top/Void Melee Helm/C Maul? This is quite a lot of gear to take with me. I guess with a Yak it doesn't matter though.

Thank you for your answers so far. This is a side of you I haven't seen before!

2dgucz6.png

you still need chaotic crossbow, even if you are using c maul and turmoil

if you are using a void setup, you would do the following switches:

ranger helm <=> melee helm

armadyl chestplate <=> void top

ccb + deflector <=> chaotic maul

void setup has around 8 inv items dedicated to switch items

What's absolutely terrific is that I have all of those things except Deflector. And, team preferences willing, I don't have to get Rigour anymore.

Thank you, this is very good news! :thumbsup:

2dgucz6.png

In larger teams it is more possible to simply void + claw two stages per kill, so you can probably join those with turmoil. In smaller teams you need some more defence/healing power and your specs matter less, so you use armadyl + ruby and you want the ranged accuracy of rigour (that's not a solid reasoning btw there's more to it, but I don't know that :P). On the shadow stage you can heal a bit with soul split as well.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted