Revision of Policy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say that I appreciate the work of those who moderate these forums and try to keep this group healthy.

I have a basic trust in the leadership, and if they feel that it is time to tighten up on trolling I think they know the situation better than any other user on the site. Trolls don't improve any forum, and their control is necessary.

As for the indications of use of bots and the likes...Why we need a warning before some type of internal review is taken by staff is beyond me. Staff should contact the suspected user directly, and immediate action should be taken if the case is obvious. Discussions and a warning should be the response if there is question as to whether the botting has occurred.

Bots are ruining the game! Any contribution TipIt can provide to stop the flood of abuse should be given gladly. I know long time players who have lost interest in game due to the bot situation and actually quit. I can't imagine that new players are any more satisfied to be surrounded by them.

TipItTigerSig.jpg*Janakat.png

Hello fellow TipIters!

I am a bit concerned about the trolling thing. How strict is strict and what about long time users? As the others have mentioned here if Tip It is too strict then the userbase will just go away. I notice there are a lot of closed thread, for example. If people can't go on here and discuss things in an open manner then they will leave.

Remember what happened to clan forums! Tip IT still hasn't recovered from that and it's been years.

Strict in that people will be warned for obvious trolling but not too strict. None of us want to drive people away, but we have had to make a compromise. Too much trolling leads to us losing members just as much as being too strict. We always take into account somebodies history. So as long as you don't have a history of bad behaviour you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It helps us stop people from having to be warned too many times before we feel we can ban them within the rules.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^