Revision of Policy

Hello all!

As of late, there have been some posting styles and content that have bothered the Tip.It staff as well as many of our genuine users.

The first are posts that contain proof of a user botting. If a user is caught botting, the staff will be less lenient and users will only be granted one warning before a permanent ban. In addition, the user will no longer be allowed to post screenshots of the account caught botting.

The second are posts that contain evidence of RWT/Multi-Logging/account sharing. Again, if a user is caught RWT/Multi-Logging/account sharing, the staff will be less lenient and users will only be granted one warning before a permanent ban.

Last but not least, the Mod staff has noticed an increased amount of "trolling" happening on the forums as of late. It use to be considered and handled by the mod staff as "spamming." From now on the staff will be less lenient and users will be granted a lesser amount of warnings before a permanent ban.

We hope these revisions to our policy make the forum experience more enjoyable for the forums users as a whole! And remember: don't forget to report posts that violate these rules. We staff members do not have a built in radar that automatically detects rule violations. In order to get things removed and dealt with ASAP, we need your help with reporting!

Regards,

Your Tip.It Administration

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hope these revisions to our policy make the forum experience more enjoyable for the forums users as a whole!

Regards,

Your Tip.It Administration

If you ask me it makes these forums seem more and more like the RSOF, as if Jagex was running this site. It's hard to post anymore without carefully crafting each sentence to make sure it conforms to the rules you guys have set.

I say you guys should just lighten up a bit.

Stellactic.gif

I don't think it's asking too much that you abide by RuneScape rules and treat people with respect. As long as you do that, you don't really have to worry about violating a rule.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I like this, General Discussion is a pain to read sometimes.

QFT, the picture thread is getting out of hand again IMO.

Also, the H&A.

Agreed. A few sarcastic comments are alright, but the complete trolling and flaming that benefits no one is annoying.

I can think of two recent threads that were destroyed by this (misfortune's macro thread and the dfs thread in H&A).

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Thanks! The mods have been doing an amazing job thus far and I look forward to the changes ahead. I want the forum's community attitude and maturity to return back to the level it was when I first joined in 2006. Wow just realized its been nearly 5 years since I've started using tip.it forums!

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ah, a bright start to the morning and a return of the light this forum used to be in. I'm looking forward to observing a change in the users, now. Lets revive Tip.It to its former.glory; where a real discussion and debate was welcomed and trolling was frowned upon. Also nice to see the addition of a stricter policy toward RS rule breaking.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If you ask me it makes these forums seem more and more like the RSOF, as if Jagex was running this site. It's hard to post anymore without carefully crafting each sentence to make sure it conforms to the rules you guys have set.

I say you guys should just lighten up a bit.

We are not saying every post has to be formulated. We the staff post in joking ways all the time. What has gotten out of hand is the users whose sole purpose is to "see how far they can push" the users and rolls. Some users post "trollish"pictures and nothing else, repeatedly. Urbandictionary refers to a troll as: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Thats what we want to see away from the forum, not the friendly atmosphere.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

tip.it forums = rsof? never, if thers somewhere you can find trolling, its at rsof, and rule-breaking has never been part of the tip.it community, so banning the rule-breakers from here is all good :)

ty for keeping the forums clean, really started to annoy me all these posts about how autoing is ok....

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Seems good to me the only thing missing imo is being a bit more strict with "Grudge spam/flame" ie where certain users immediately jump to flaming others based on personal issues or events in another thread regardless of current thread content.

So many threads in H&A lately descend into uselessness because of this.

Prime examples being certain users have posted on H&A threads for the sole purpose of saying someone else stupid and/or give bad advice based on grudges from prior threads; despite the fact they have nothing to contribute to that thread and the given advice there is perfectly correct.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm glad tip.it has started to take some action against botting and trolling.

I hope the boards in the future will become better than it is now.

Also, agreed with Sy Accursed with the personal issues point.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Glad some action is being taken.

However, too many restrictions tend to lead to a more rebellious (if not non-existant) memberbase. I don't really have a lot of beef with a lot of the rules, but as I said, a correct balance has to be found.

j0xPu5R.png

Thank goodness for the rule updates.

I haven't posted on here for a while (been reading just to see whats going on), mostly because of the amount of trolling going on in different discussions, that even if a real discussion happens, it quickly gets overwhelmed by stupid or nonsensical comments.

Hopefully I'll be posting a little more now, given that the amount of spam/trolling goes down

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Also as a side note - don't forget to report posts that violate these rules. We staff members do not have a built in radar that automatically detects rule violations. In order to get things removed and dealt with ASAP, we need your help with reporting!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

However, too many restrictions tend to lead to a more rebellious (if not non-existant) memberbase. I don't really have a lot of beef with a lot of the rules, but as I said, a correct balance has to be found.

Regarding the new rule on botting, the member base was more upset at not enough restriction for once. These are some great changes. Thanks, staff!

lalalasig2.png

Sweet :D

I never post screenshots anyways, but... The anti trolling one is the one I feel most glad about...

+1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!