Are these two items really worth it... for me?

Ezkaton

I do not know what you are talking about. All evidence points to the rapier being superior for anything that is not Graardor or Zilyana.

Under certain circumstances (low defence, high offence boosts) a whip will be superior to a cls.

Aside from Nex, because idk what the hell you use to kill it, and Corp, there are only bosses that will make Rapier worth getting. And those bosses also can be killed with a CLS, but that's not the point. He has all these skills that cost a lot already rather high, the only thing he's missing could be high-lvl gear which is buyable. Bossing can help with the money, but it isn't required. If he "needs" to have a chaotic for it (which is basically only Nex if anything), then he can probably avoid that boss, and use a whip everywhere else. The time spent dungeoneering is so not worth getting 10 more kills per hour.

Everywhere he can use it at is low-income and quite easy. He does not need a Rapier.

EDIT: That high-level gear I mentioned, it's only good for bossing ;).

553VriC.png?1

You are not good at dungeoneering until you can key a 25 minute large on any floor type, in my opinion.

I highly doubt you have actually spent a few hours in the chat, randomly skilling and chatting until the right floor comes along. I do not recognise your complaints at all. And I spend all of my online time in DGS.

You aren't at near-best until you can key that fast, you mean. You can be good without that. DGS certainly doesnt have 25 min larges either, unless you get those teams with f52 and 3 binds. GumChew1 keyed a handful of larges and was consistently 20 mins or so ea. Best time I've ever had dungeoneering. According to Obtaurian he's bad at DGE. I lol'd at DGS.

I don't want to chat in DGS. The people are what I dislike about it, the fact that it's kinda hard to come to a DGE chat to find a floor in an hour or two just adds onto it.

Even "the best" isn't that good, in terms of dungeoneering, is my point overall, Ezkaton.

Just leave it at this, please. It's getting off-topic :).

553VriC.png?1

I haven't had nay problems with DGS. The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss DGS. We should try to avoid a flame war here about DGS too. How about we just leave it at this: some people do well, and cope well, with DGS. Some people do not do well, and do not cope well, with DGS. If the OP wants to get high DG, I think he should at least try DGS out and form his own opinion.

As for rapier vs CLS, I have never heard of anyone who owned both a rapier and a CLS who considered the CLS better.

To get back on topic, I think the chaotic rapier is definitely worth getting. If DGS/148/117 (in that order) doesn't work for you, try solo meds. I also think getting the stats for Nomads requiem won't be too hard and that you can beat the boss. Ultimately this is up to you however.

Here's a question actually: after you get 99 slayer, what do you intend to do/fight? From the sounds of it, it seems pointless to acquire them for slayer. That leaves bossing, or more slayer if you want. (Some people like doing slayer after 99. I don't entirely get why, but that's ok.)

At the end of the day it's your decision; if you do decide to get these you probably be glad you did, because you will be done grinding and will have the items. Most advice you will see here will recommend you get them. But no one's forcing you to. Of course, this only applies if you're going to be bossing or slayering or something.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I do not know what you are talking about. All evidence points to the rapier being superior for anything that is not Graardor or Zilyana.

Under certain circumstances (low defence, high offence boosts) a whip will be superior to a cls.

Aside from Nex, because idk what the hell you use to kill it, and Corp, there are only bosses that will make Rapier worth getting. And those bosses also can be killed with a CLS, but that's not the point. He has all these skills that cost a lot already rather high, the only thing he's missing could be high-lvl gear which is buyable. Bossing can help with the money, but it isn't required. If he "needs" to have a chaotic for it (which is basically only Nex if anything), then he can probably avoid that boss, and use a whip everywhere else. The time spent dungeoneering is so not worth getting 10 more kills per hour.

Everywhere he can use it at is low-income and quite easy. He does not need a Rapier.

You use a chaotic crossbow, rapier and perhaps maul on Nex, fyi.

You are replying to my post about how rapier beats cls. I guess you gave up on that point?

A rapier is around 10% faster kills than a whip, much more on dragons and bosses, never less. Not only that, but it also greatly increases your ability to compete with other players at any boss.

Ezkaton is a frequent bosshunter, if not for money then for fun. A chaotic rapier would benefit him in this.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ren, very simply put: you can't disagree with the important of speed. A rapier is much better than anything else at most places, and as good as everything else everywhere else.

Again, I've seen rapier fail much harder than CLS -anywhere-.

I feel as though there may or may not have been a thread somewhere relating to this . . .

Anyway, Ezzzzzyyyykaton - like Enaid said, a rapier would also help you fight off crashers (important for Bandos). Dungeoneering came out when I was around 97 slayer, I think, and I just went ahead and kept slaying for various reasons (not the least of which was that I found 117/148 extremely frustrating). If you're below 96 slayer, the rapier will most likely save you time on the last three levels, on top of being useful for just about everything after that.

Basically, I know you do a ton of bosshunting and a SW cape and rapier are great tools for such; the rapier more so. Also, K'ril is weak to stab. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Anyone who says cls is a better overall weapon that rapier deserves to be called an idiot. I think we find these disagreements because the guy only has the level for a single chaotic, and he obviously picked the wrong one. What cls is better at is bandos with div/ely or saradomin, and that's about it(some smaller wrinkles, but maul can be even better then). If you are going to argue this point you need quantifiable evidence(not gibberish about you feeling something), because from every angle, the numbers say rapier is far superior.

As for dungeoneering, DGS is not meant to help people achieve chaotics or frosts- they don't specifically serve to those goals, so it's highly understandable why a low level dungeoneers would have a tough time there. The goal is to teach and produce skillful dungeoneers, and that requires players to go well beyond 90 and to learn discipline. And before you get mad at me for saying they don't serve low levels, anything under 105 is an autoban from 3bo(and under 100 for udg), so be happy with what you have.

As for the question at hand, you'll likely want sw cape for dk's, but otherwise it's quite useless(fire cape is better for most things, or atleast an equal alternative). Get rapier ASAP. You'll likely be sorry for not getting it much, much sooner(it's around 15% better than a whip at most places by pure dps).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'll keep it simple, if possible.

Chaotic Rapier is much like a ZS. It's multifunctional, and pretty decent. It isn't the best everywhere, but it can be used almost anywhere. My complaint comes with it's accuracy. Speed is supposedly such a huge factor for damage output. I disagree depending where it is.. CLS has been kinder to me and is multifunctional at more bosses than a maul or rapier, and is also quite good for other things. CLS has higher everything except speed, and isn't much slower. I think the accuracy and damage per hit bonus it has over rapier makes up for the loss of speed. My opinion on that is get CLS and not a Rapier, especially if you may not be doing Slayer anymore. Even then CLS isn't that bad, but Rapier + Ovl and fsh is probably better, due to the constant high gain of stats.

Dungeoneering can be a pain, it can also be fun when done correctly. But at that same time, the fun is not common even under special circumstances. If you find it's not worth getting 120 Dungeoneering and do not really require 'frosts for money' or a chaotic, I'd say it isn't worth it at this time.

No, i'm sorry...but no

There are TWO places in RS where the longsword > rapier....Skeletal Wyverns, and Saradomin Godwars (and SGW is only on solo, Maul is better in teams)

Even at bandos, the rapier has a better edge because of faster minion kills, as well as anti-crash with defender

A maul + Rapier will beat the longsword everywhere.

If you're only getting one chaotic, the rapier is hands down the best.

Dungeoneering is always "WORTH" getting up, whether or not you can bare doing it, is another story.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png