New Forum: Metagame Discussion

Why is advertising other forums not allowed? :idea:

IIRC advertising websites in-game isn't allowed, and TIF follows Runescape's rules. So, therefore, no advertising.

EDIT: I was off a bit.

Actually, linking a website is not the same as advertising. For example, if there is an interview of Jagex from Escapist Magazine, I could certainly link to Escapist as the source if I were to talk about the interview.

Yep and that's fine :) For example there are a few posts where someone asked for the URL somewhere and someone replied with it. That's not advertising. But someone saying, "Help us out and join our forum here <link>" is advertising :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

While I always welcome new ideas and forums, I am disappointed to see the way it arrived.

Throwing tantrums and making ultimatums should not be the way to get things through; suggesting and negotiating is the way to go about it. I know for sure I am not the only user who thinks this.

I hope that the forum will be reviewed often, to see if the goals set when creating it have been reached. :)

You've obviously got all the facts straight and know exactly what you are talking about. Kind of the problem we have these days...

As for the forum, Thanks alot! The help is greatly appreciated and we'll try and do everything in our power to make it a success. The 2 H&A might become an issue, but we'll see how it goes.

Actually i'd say she does - which gives her, a right to her own view and opinion - her and I chat often. She's my go to person when it comes to seeking sage advice.

I'll be keeping an eye on the new forum

~Das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this. Most of the time it's fairly unanimous that the best way to do something is the most efficient...

It seems like all this can do is 'allow' users to troll the normal H&A on the technicality that if they [target of said trolling, the topic starter] want the most efficent advice, they should use the Metagame thread.

That, or normal H&A will simply die...

That'd be where your wrong.

A majority of players would much rather have a varied list of options that are good options for fun, speed, profit an a variety of other factors even if they are not the absolutely mathematical best.

Besides trolling should be reported and if a user genuinely has posted in normal h&a and then are saying they ONLY want the most efficient a mod can move it over for them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After some evaluation we have decided to remove the new Efficient Help & Advice forum. It made things a little too confusing and we would like to stray away from dividing the Help & Advice traffic. Instead, we have come up with a new set of Help & Advice posting guidelines, which you can view here.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...

On the note of a new forum, will there be an 8 realms discussion thread? As it recently got into the beta. :thumbup:

There's already one posted here :)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome