New Forum: Metagame Discussion

New Forum: Metagame Discussion

• A new forum has been added to the RuneScape category:
RuneScape Metagame Discussion with a Help & Advice subforum.

What is this forum for?

• This forum is for users to collaborate to discuss efficiency tactics, gather/analyze data, and research game mechanics and advanced leveling. All posts in this forum (and its Help & Advice subforum) must be grounded in facts and evidence, as its goal is to provide accurate and efficient information. For more information, read the
Forum Rules & Guidelines.

What separates the new Help & Advice subforum from the original Help & Advice forum?

• The
original Help & Advice forum should be the default for users. The new Help & Advice subforum can be used optionally if you know you are seeking advice on the most efficient methods available for general skilling, boss hunting, and/or dungeoneering. The moderators will not be too concerned with moving topics back and forth between the two forums, it's up to you where you want to place your question.

We're going to try out this new addition and see how it goes :) We are open to all ideas and other forms of feedback, which can be posted in this discussion thread, in Forum Updates & Suggestions or PMed to an administrator or moderator. We hope it will be a success and that users who utilize efficient gameplay will have a place to help each other and the greater community.

Update 23 April 2011

After some evaluation we have decided to remove the new Efficient Help & Advice forum. It made things a little too confusing and we would like to stray away from dividing the Help & Advice traffic. Instead, we have come up with a new set of Help & Advice posting guidelines, which you can view here.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Will H&A become a subforum of GD now since Metagame H&A has become that board's subforum?

We currently don't have any plans to make that change :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

This couldn't have come soon enough.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this. Most of the time it's fairly unanimous that the best way to do something is the most efficient...

It seems like all this can do is 'allow' users to troll the normal H&A on the technicality that if they [target of said trolling, the topic starter] want the most efficent advice, they should use the Metagame thread.

That, or normal H&A will simply die...

2dgucz6.png

Well let's give it a go and if it doesn't work there's no harm in that, right? People so set in their ways. Change is good.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Does anyone think this will actually work?

A new forum is nice and all but with no new rules to prevent normal H&E topics from going off topic this really does nothing. The normal H&E will still be spammed with people posting advice that is not relevant to the question.

That and what exactly will be posted in the meta gameing thread? According to most of those users that would post in it there's only a handful of ways to do things efficiently. Once those topics all get covered then the forum will pretty much die. I'm sure you won't be able to ask questions such as whats the most efficient way to charge air orbs, or to do anything thats not the most efficient method possible i.e. kill forsts for money and buy everything els. If you asked questions like that in the Efficient H&E i'm sure you will get booted even though your asking for the most effiecient method to do it.

Two H&E's will just make things worse for both forums. You will get the people posting links to the efficient H&E in the normal H&E and people asking the "wrong, idiotic,ect" questions in the efficient forum.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

A new forum is nice and all but with no new rules to prevent normal H&E topics from going off topic this really does nothing. The normal H&E will still be spammed with people posting advice that is not relevant to the question.

Please feel free to report off-topic posts in Help & Advice so they can be removed :)

That and what exactly will be posted in the meta gameing thread? According to most of those users that would post in it there's only a handful of ways to do things efficiently. Once those topics all get covered then the forum will pretty much die. I'm sure you won't be able to ask questions such as whats the most efficient way to charge air orbs, or to do anything thats not the most efficient method possible i.e. kill forsts for money and buy everything els. If you asked questions like that in the thread i'm sure you will get booted even though your asking for the most effiecient method to do it.

If the forum doesn't work out then we can remove it in a few weeks, no harm done. But it's worth a shot and then we can at least say we tried :)

Posted Image

While I always welcome new ideas and forums, I am disappointed to see the way it arrived.

Throwing tantrums and making ultimatums should not be the way to get things through; suggesting and negotiating is the way to go about it. I know for sure I am not the only user who thinks this.

I hope that the forum will be reviewed often, to see if the goals set when creating it have been reached. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

While I always welcome new ideas and forums, I am disappointed to see the way it arrived.

Throwing tantrums and making ultimatums should not be the way to get things through; suggesting and negotiating is the way to go about it. I know for sure I am not the only user who thinks this.

I hope that the forum will be reviewed often, to see if the goals set when creating it have been reached. :)

I am of the same mind entirely, tactics such as those used should never be reasoned with.

Good luck anyway, I suppose.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It's a common tactic in nurseries to place disruptive children in isolation so they cause no further harm to others. Frankly, so long as that remains true, I don't really care about the rights and wrongs of how this came about.

Good luck then.

Most certainly.

Good luck with the forum I suppose, and that it is put to active good use.

You've obviously got all the facts straight and know exactly what you are talking about. Kind of the problem we have these days...

As for the forum, Thanks alot! The help is greatly appreciated and we'll try and do everything in our power to make it a success. The 2 H&A might become an issue, but we'll see how it goes.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's a common tactic in nurseries to place disruptive children in isolation so they cause no further harm to others. Frankly, so long as that remains true, I don't really care about the rights and wrongs of how this came about.

Good luck then.

Wow -- such WARMTH -- it's nice to see people with open minds being so accepting these days ...

nyuseg.png

What does this mean?

Are those people still going to link to their own site (as I have seen them do in other threads but mods removed their links) or are they closing it down and staying here?

Well advertising other forums outside of the Advertise your thing here! thread and signatures is not allowed so links to other forums in posts should be reported as far as I know.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What does this mean?

Are those people still going to link to their own site (as I have seen them do in other threads but mods removed their links) or are they closing it down and staying here?

Well advertising other forums outside of the Advertise your thing here! thread and signatures is now allowed so links to other forums in posts should be reported as far as I know.

Could you please edit this for clarity.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

That's what happens when I try eating while posting. Edited it. It should have been 'not' instead of 'now'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I moved some topics to Metagame now, if you feel more belong there, PM a moderator or admin and we'll look into it :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Why is advertising other forums not allowed? :idea:

You can see in our rules that we don't allow advertising in threads:

1.8 - Advertising

• Advertising is only permitted in our "Advertise your thing here!" thread and in signatures. Advertising anywhere else is not permitted. Examples of advertisements that are NOT permitted anywhere on the forums (not in the mentioned sticky, signatures or anywhere else) include but are not limited to: website solicitations (ebay, etc); pyramid or click scams; referral links (determined at a moderator's discretion); chain letters; etc

If we allowed it then our forum would literally be filled with advertisements. This was particularly an issue a few months ago when people would make threads in General Discussion essentially just advertising their other RuneScape websites. People didn't like this, and for good reason.

Advertisements may be posted in signatures and in the designated thread in Off-Topic but not in posts. We hope that this is reasonable :)

Posted Image