C2 Dungeons

Illicit_Fun

I've never tried it, but are C2 Dungeons still the best/one of the fastest ways of training Woodcutting and Fishing? I remember C2 experience was hit with a nerf about 2-4 weeks back, but I'm considering training there. If it's relevant, I have 81 Fishing and 84 Woodcutting. Thanks!

I'm think woodcutting isn't worth it, though I could be wrong, I haven't tried it. At 83 fishing, about a week ago I got 40k experience in an hour (dropping with mousekeys). I think this was on furnished floors, possibly it could be a tad better on a different set of floors with faster bosses, but I doubt by much. I don't think that's the best fishing xp, IIRC, barbarian is faster. but I do C2 to check off floors before resetting.

podv4.png

40 k is very low for your lvl. I'm only 77 and got 60 k exp/hr without going full speed through my dungeons. It still is the best, better if you have a friend clear the dungeon while you fish.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'm think woodcutting isn't worth it, though I could be wrong, I haven't tried it. At 83 fishing, about a week ago I got 40k experience in an hour (dropping with mousekeys). I think this was on furnished floors, possibly it could be a tad better on a different set of floors with faster bosses, but I doubt by much. I don't think that's the best fishing xp, IIRC, barbarian is faster. but I do C2 to check off floors before resetting.

If you're just doing it for the fishing exp and not worrying about checking off your lower floors, you could just leave the dungeon after all the fishing spots have been exhausted. No need to worry about the bosses and slow down your fishing exp.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

The mistake is that you've tried fishing on furnished floors, which are terrible for spots. Frozen and abandoned floors have many, many more spots.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The mistake is that you've tried fishing on furnished floors, which are terrible for spots. Frozen and abandoned floors have many, many more spots.

Just did half an hour on Frozen C2s, 19k fishing xp. Are people saying that I should be getting more than 40k per hour aware of the nerf? More than half (I'd estimate about 2/3-3/4 but I haven't measured) of the fishing spots give half xp (67.5 for salve, 76.5 for blue crab) for every fish from that spot.

EDIT: Let me give some data. The raw data I got just now was this (with 83 fish):

Frozen: (half|reg)

blue crabs: (3|2)

salve eels: (0|2)

Abandoned (half|reg)

blue crabs: (5|4)

salve eels: (7|5)

Furnished (half|reg)

blue crabs: (9|9)

salve eels: (8|4)

All floors:

Blue Crabs: 17 half xp, 15 regular xp

Salve Eels: 15 half xp, 11 regular xp

In total: 32 half xp, 26 regular xp.

Given the small sample size, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual rate was 50% (causing the overall xp rate to be multipled by 75%), but my estimate of 2/3-3/4 was probably off.

podv4.png

Just did half an hour on Frozen C2s, 19k fishing xp. Are people saying that I should be getting more than 40k per hour aware of the nerf? More than half (I'd estimate about 2/3-3/4 but I haven't measured) of the fishing spots give half xp (67.5 for salve, 76.5 for blue crab) for every fish from that spot.

That's quite odd... I just tried c2 fishing a week ago, and every dungeon I did only one or two of the salve eel spots gave half exp. All the rest gave full exp. Maybe I was just lucky.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

That's quite odd... I just tried c2 fishing a week ago, and every dungeon I did only one or two of the salve eel spots gave half exp. All the rest gave full exp. Maybe I was just lucky.

The actual rate is very likely 50%, putting the nerf at 75%. The maximum fishing xp should be around 110k and 130k for woodcutting, assuming maxed levels and equipment, but you do need to be fast. Getting 19k an hour with 80+ tells me you are slow as hell.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yes I did pure fishing xp in dung and I was getting either about 100k or maxing out a bit over 120k but only when doing it with concentration, im also 99 fishing so dont expect it to be quite that high a rate for anything lower than 99. More casual and it was 80-90k. I was using first floor and just hopped out. With practice and luck you need guess when to hop out and how to explore floors. Some floors you get tons of fishing spots while other times very little.

This is during the nerf.. My pure fishing was about a week ago? So that xp at 99 should be achievable.

I wouldnt know about woodcutting.

(Btw I calling it pure fishing because I abandoned that method to just fish while clearing out lower floors. I dont get anywhere near same fishing xp (but still very high!) but its good for clearing out lower floors if you gotta explore for boss anyway..)