Dream Ender

Leiana

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Stork: :thumbup: Good to go.

Sessions on Sunday good for people? If not, then I'll need a list of what game is on what day.

Also I added a thing on some of the things you'll be going against. ONLY SOME OF THEM! I have a whole bunch that you don't know about yet.

Kingmaker is on that day.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hmm... need to know some information for putting a character description in context; Specifically does the game transfer the characters directly through the Frame device as is, or do the characters end up as what they are as a result of passing through the frame device? (put simply: is this set in a world where there are all sorts of things and the unusual characters get directly put into the game, or is it set in roughly the real world with only humans who are changed to their final form as a result of being captured?) While it is not vital it does help massively for creating logical characters to know this.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Hmm... need to know some information for putting a character description in context; Specifically does the game transfer the characters directly through the Frame device as is, or do the characters end up as what they are as a result of passing through the frame device? (put simply: is this set in a world where there are all sorts of things and the unusual characters get directly put into the game, or is it set in roughly the real world with only humans who are changed to their final form as a result of being captured?) While it is not vital it does help massively for creating logical characters to know this.

Could help with bios and ages as well. If it's set in a school it wouldn't make sense for there to be older characters, unless they change as a result of the second scenario there.

Just waiting on that and will have the character finished :thumbup:

May as well Clarify my question with the possibilities I can see:

1) Characters are as they have always been

2) Characters are not as they have always been, with magic training in use of their new form

3) Characters are not as they have always been, with additional personality(such as having their human mind share the mind of their new form)

4) Characters are not as they have always been, unfamiliar with form

5) Whatever is convient for the character

[hide=Small Rant] For the sake of the goddess, it's a game! And I'm trying my best at this![/hide]

Now thats out of the way: A hopefully helpful stuff that should probably have been added to the first post (In the lovely voice of Dream Shread, the girl you followed (me))

Yume Academy is a school for kids about from the age of 4 to adults that are like in law school or something of that degree (By far I believe Mather's character is the oldest so far, age 22; Characters cannot be older than 35). However Yume Academy is not only in Japan, but all around the world, one in each countryish. (So if someone wanted, they could be attending Y.A. in Russia) [i suggest for the character bio's you take a look at Mather's and Stork's character bios. Simple bios will work)

"The End" game is a learn as you go experiance, much like already pre-existing games such as Diablo 2 (Blizzard), various Legend of Zelda Games (Nintendo, to be more specific the times you learn a new move with da sword), Cut the Ropes (addictive game on the i-pad), ect.

Players CAN NOT KILL other players. If you lose "The End" that means your character (specifically you that was forced into the chair, not the one in "The End") has died while playing "The End" and you ingame (as in the one that's in "The End") have two options: 1) Become a NPC or 2) be destroyed (and become a new player for the next session). 9 times out of 10 you'll be destroyed (Yume isn't very fond of extra NPCs but I'm giving you the choice)

-----

Hopefully that cleared up some things.

Is wednesday good for everybody?

Wednesdays seem to be open for me starting next week until September when unless you are planning to run the game late in the day (after ~8 PM CST) I would be unable to attend due to having 5 hours of labs to attend. I will likely get a character written up by Friday this week, though it may be later as I have finals.

@ Wyven: Fine by me.

@ Mask: :thumbup: You're all set to play

I'm thinking the first session will be next wednesday anyway. My final practice is this wednesday before a compition I have on Saturday.

However, If anybody wants, I can schedual sessions for tuesdays and wednesdays (both of those days are open for me). Also, since I'm avalible today, I could also run a learners session if anybody wants.

-------

[hide=The following song quote seems relevant to Dream Ender, not compleatly though:]

"There was once a little dream

No one knew who had dreamt it.

It was really such a small dream

This made the little dream think...

'I don't want to disappear...

How can I make people dream me?'

The little dream thought

And at last had an idea

'I will make people come to me

and they will make my world'"

-Alice of Human Sacrafice, VOCALOID[/hide]

Why is this relevent? You'll find out later (If I decide to allow you to know right off the bat that is)

Depending if anybody wants or needs to attend: Next Tuesday there is another Learners Session. Wednesday is most likely the first Gameplay Session.

Any objections?

Hackers!

You're still in the starter camp, listening to your NPC talk about where you're supposed to be headed. (Sadly all you here is "Blah, blah, blah, mount-, blah, range, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah")

You stupidly ask "Isn't there a cheat code for invincibility or something?"

Your NPC covers your mouth. "If there were any avalible codes, you would've cheated by now and then caught."

Just then a loud womanish screech is heard overhead, origionating from nowhere. "CHEATER! HACKER!" You hear over and over. Your NPC knocks you over just as heavily armored people storm through the camp.

One of them looks at you for awhile and then moves on. Less than a second later, one picks up a girl who looks to be about the age of thirteen. The girl begins screaming and crying for help. You reach for your weapon but you NPC stops you.

"This is what happens to those who dare to cheat or hack Sono Shuuryou!" The armored people say before chopping off the head of the girl (it's not bloody, you notice, as her body begins to pixilates away) and dissapearing.

"They kill you if you're caught, the Dream always knows." Your NPC says to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there you have it. Being caught cheating is bad (a pernament death).

2rxil94.jpg

Bonus skill point to the first person to guess who this is :D

We can do a gameplay session either today or tomorrow, whatever is convient for everybody.

As I cannot find the boss list to look at the names then I'll have to guess that it is the physical manifestation of the dream, the final boss. Though it doesn't look epic enough for that since it doesn't have any torn black rags or razor-sharp edges.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What's has been going on so far (The After session update)

Micheal (Mask), Hakon (Mather), and Neil (Stork) have formed an alliance, which went off to a slightly rough start. Micheal and Hakon dealt with some Fallen and their shaman (learning that if you don't get rid of the shaman first the fallen will come back to life), reciving minor injuries. Mimic thankfully can heal with her Healing Aura (a useful skill for such a game). Also Micheal, Mimic, Hakon and Mathu happened to take the wrong step, ending up falling into a cavern. Neil woke up after Micheal and Hakon finished off some more Fallen and their Shaman, as well as some Unholy Tainted. Hakon accidently touched Mimic's breasts, causing Mathu to say "No Touchy". Leiana explained to them that Mimic and Mathu are married. Later, Hakon began acting kind towards Leiana after learning of what happened to her. His reason for this is unknown. Leiana kindly fixed Micheal's bow (somehow) and Micheal successfully split an arrow that Leiana had shot earlier. Neil had a nightmare consisting of cheez doodle people and creepy crawlies of immense size. Hakon continues being nice to Leiana by the end of the session

Players status: Exactly where they're supposed to be for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, congrats peoples! You're doing quiet well.

~~~~~~

Announcements:

I'll try to have sessions on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays, just incase someone unfortunatly can't make it and wish to "catch up" (everyone is technically in the same group unless stated otherwise). At the end of Tuesday's session, I'll ask if someone would like me to hold a session on Wednesday.

Also, every 5 or 10 sessions (not sure exactly) you'll be pitted against a "Champion" (which is another word for boss here in Dream Ender). If you sucessfully beat a champion you get a skill point and three options for a new skill to learn.

What's has been going on so far (The After session update)

Micheal, Hakon, and Neil have made their way out of the cavern. Hakon is continiously in persuit of Leiana's love (maybe?). It has been discovered that Leiana and Mathu are siblings. Hakon has also surprisingly requested a trade of NPCs, Mathu for Leiana. At camp for that night, Mathu got turned into his bracelet form and stuck into a tent. Has Hakon won Lei's heart? Tune in next session to find out (Jk, you don't have to, I put that scentence in for fun :D)

--------

Alright, I'd like to turn this into a comic just for the heck of it, if ya'll don't mind.

*chuckles* Don't worry, I haven't forgotten Neil's Cheez Doodle obsession. Besides I have to do the first chapter(?) from 3 different points to show who got dragged into Sono Shuuryou. I'm thinking Neil would be munching on his Cheez Doodles as he's studying. Hakon'll be almost half asleep (I thinks) and I have no clue what to do for Mask.

If it were me studying I'd have a big container of Cheese Balls and a humongous pile of dark chocolate and Whoppers (the malt chocolate ball thingies). And Icecream, lots and lots of icecream with all the fixings I like (which consists of Hot Fudge, melted peanutbutter, jimmies [aka chocolate sprinkles], mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Peanutbutter cups, whipped cream, sometimes melted caramel, melted marshmallow, marshmallows, a few banana slices, strawberry surup,and a bunch of bright red maraschino cherries). XD I love icecream.

I'll eat snack anything that doesn't contain nuts or fresh fruit, dried fruits are ok. Although one time at school I was the first to finish a Snickers without using any hands, even though I was the smallest, I was underweight and I didn't like snickers. Goes to show that as long as you coat something with chocolate and call it a contest, I'll eat it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

*laughs* I can get a cookie into my mouth without touching it. And I've also gotten second in a bubble gum blowing contest. Heck, if it's a foods contest, I'm in (minus chugging milk and other liquids).

I'm not a huge fan of snickers myself.