Dream Ender

Leiana

You are a student at Yume Academy, one of the best schools in the country. You're studying for a test in Game Creations tomorrow in the library, minding your own buisness. As you buisly read your GC text book and study guide, from the corner of your eye, you see a girl pass by you, seemingly in a hurry. A piece of paper, a note you think, glides onto your desk. Being a kind person, you pick up the note and follow the girl. You follow her to a room you've never seen before.

The girl turns around and faces you. "You shouldn't have followed me here."

"You dropped your-" You begin to say as you realize the note was only a blank piece of scrap paper.

The girl drops to her knees and begins to cry. You ask her what is wrong and she replies that you are now trapped.

"Trapped?" You ask as the room begins to change.

When the room stops spining and changing, you see you are in a room with lots of chairs with strange looking devices that look like they can be put on your head. You see kids wearing the same school uniform as you in some of the chairs.

"Where am I?" You ask aloud.

A pair of guards grab your arms and drag you (with difficulty because you begin kicking and screaming) to a woman who is sitting in what looks like a throne.

"Lady Yume, we have a new player." The guard to your right states.

Lady Yume stands up and frowns. "Guards, we must handle our precious players with care." Smiling at you she says "Precious player, welcome to Sono Shuuryou."

Yume snaps her fingers and the guards drag you to an open chair. You scream and try to fight them, but the manage to force you into the chair. Metal cuffs wrap around your wrists and ankles, binding you to the chair. The strange looking device is put onto your head and you suddenly stop resisting. A light flashes and you arrive in another room. You see a bunch of people and a voice tells you to choose a partner and begin the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Dream Ender. Lady Yume has kidnapped thousands of children to use in her game, Sono Shuuryou! The goal is to end the game, once and for all.

As it's stated at the end of the story bit, you have to have a partner. Your partner is an NPC of course. However, you will eventually need to form an alliance with other players.

[hide=NPCs]

Shadow

(f) Lynx

(f) Scy

(f) Salem- Partner to Ieyfura

(f) Aritimis

(m) Mathu- Partner to Hakon

(m) Ren

(m) Storm

(m) Rikku

(f) Mikki

(f) Mimic- Partner to Michael Standing

(m) Ise

(m) Fyre

(m) Firestorm

(m) Del

(f) Leiana- Partner to Neil Carrows

[/hide]

[hide=NPC Abilities]

The NPCs were the first to be imprisoned in the game. They lost Sono Shuuryou, and their punishment is to be prisoners forever untill a partner wins. NPCs are always with you, either in their normal form or as a bracelet. They can be whatever fighter class you'd like (I suggest if you're character is melee, then your NPC partner is ranged. Those of the Assassin class can be both melee and ranged). NPCs can also hold onto gems. Gems themselves, if kept, can allow both you and your NPC partner unique attributes. Also dependant on what class your NPC is, the also have one starter skill.

[/hide]

[hide=Gems and their attributes]

Diamond- Lightning/static resistant. Lightning/Static attack by weapon contact enabled.

Emerald- Poison Resistant. Poison attack by weapon contact enabled.

Ruby- Fire Resistant. Fire attack by weapon contact enabled.

Amethyst- Element Resistant. No attack enabled.

Sapphire- Cold Resistant. Cold attack by weapon contact enabled.

Being able to cast an element enhanced attack is a 20% chance. You will not be able to always cast these attacks. And you have to find the gems before being able to use them.

[/hide]

I'll add more NPCs if need be.

[hide=Character Layout]

Name:

Gender: (Please, I can't always figure out if the character is male or female)

Race: (Human, something Alien, ect)

Fighter Class: (Include but are not limited to: Necromancer, Amazon, Paladin/Holy Knight(same thing), Sorcerer/Sorceress, Barbarians, Bezerkers, Assassin, Druid, Elementalist, Rouges, ect.)

Bio:

[/hide]

[hide= Beasts, Monsters, Champions, and the Big Baddy]

---Beasts and Monsters---

Zombie

Blood Hawk

Wendigo

Baboon Deamon

Sand Raider

Dark Shape

Corrupted Rouge

Goat Peoples

Spike Feind

Large Maggot

Viper Magus

Blood Gnats

Giant Scarab

Mummy

Giant Mummy

Blood-thirsty Vulture

Giant Mosquito

Blackened Soul

Giant Spider

Tree Hulk

Banished Vampire

Insane Pygmies

Corrupted Bowsman

Skeleton Bowsman

Giant

Undead Mage

Insane Pygmy Shaman

Oblivion Knights

Venom Balrog

---Champions---

The Smithy

Dark Summoner

Ice Councill Member

Fire Councill Member

Poison Councill Member

Lightning Councill Member

Soul Infector

Lord of Hate

Lord of Death

Lord of Destruction

---Big Boss---

The Dream

[/hide]

I'll start the game when I have time to attend. IRC chat.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldst thou explaineth?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well, really its not needed to provide detailed information on exactly what a character can be, however it is generally suggested as if you leave it up to the player to completely wing it you can encounter some interestingcharacters such as this random sample I threw together:

[spoiler=Sample unusual character (do note that there are MLP:FIM spoilers contained as I copy and pasted a convient plot summary that fit this concept after making barely any edits)]

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Race: Unicorn

Fighter Class: Psion - Nomad

Bio: Twilight was eager to join the festivities of the Summer Sun Celebration that took place in Canterlot. Seeing the ruler of Equestria raise the sun inspired her to study everything there is about magic. Her parents noticed their daughter's interest and enrolled her into Yume Academy. The only thing in the way of her dream was an entrance exam she was required to pass. The test was to hatch a dragon's egg, which Twilight failed to perform under the pressure of the exam. Just as she gives up and apologizes for wasting the testers' time, she hears a boom from outside. Inexplicably, her magical energy is triggered. The egg hatches, revealing Spike. However, she soon loses control and causes chaos inside the exam room, causing the judges to levitate, turning her parents into potted plants, and making the dragon grow to immense size. Princess Celestia, having seen the event from outside, stands next to Twilight and places her hoof on her, making Twilight's magic wear off and returning everything to normal. Celestia compliments Twilight on her raw power, but reminds her that it requires focused studying to control it. She offers to take Twilight under her wing as her new protege. With her parents silently encouraging her to accept, Twilight says "yes" ad bursts into cries of happiness, but Celestia adds one other thing -- she points out to Twilight that a cutie mark, a violet-colored star with five small white stars surrounding it, appeared on her flank. Twilight soon hops around the princess, even more excited than ever.

Edited by wyvren2000

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

God help us all.

Ponies.

Lynx what have you done.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Name: Mary Sue

Race: Human

Fighter Class: Everything

Bio: At the young age of 2, Mary's parents were killed instantly in car crash, Mary witnessed it all and was very traumatised over this. Although it was no ordinary crash, it had to be a murder, because accidents apparently don't exist. So from the age of 3, Mary has been training her socks off to avenge her parents. By the age of 5 she already grasped the advanced level magician, fighter, rogue classes and was moving into more prestige classes, WHEN SUDDENLY. Her tutor was killed. Mary blames herself for this, as she was out helping the local town with some weird competition thing where they were the underdog, but of course Mary strove the town to victory. Mary thinks it was murder, but the scene examination by the best forensic scientist in the world assured her he slipped and fell down the stairs, but Mary had none of that and studied forensics, in minutes she was the new leading expert. Now stuck on an endless quest for revenge, Mary has decided to enroll in Yume academy. Of course she has already passed all the classes, three times over, something she did in one year of study, she could have done it in a few months, but she transferred around a bit, gaining the nickname'Transfer student'. Because of this, no one knows Mary's troubled past, and she must put on a brave face for the entire Yume academy, so people will not figure out that she is infact a demon.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.

Disclaimer:(I only did this because I didn't know the parameters in which we could create a character, this is fully a joke.)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Bio: -snip-

Disclaimer:(I only did this because I didn't know the parameters in which we could create a character, this is fully a joke.)

I'd think you could improve it if you made her a half-elf vampire, whose mother was the girl from Twilight and whose father was Harry Potter. Give her purple hair and rainbow eyes too. And you aren't saying enough about how beautiful and talented she is.

She could ride the unicorn too.

Just some friendly advice.

I'd think you could improve it if you made her a half-elf vampire, whose mother was the girl from Twilight and whose father was Harry Potter. Give her purple hair and rainbow eyes too. And you aren't saying enough about how beautiful and talented she is.

Of course she's beautiful, but she's also an underdog, so that's why she's human. I imagine everyone else with have super races.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

God help us all.

Ponies.

Lynx what have you done.

It would seem Nex hasn't heard of the MLP:FIM bug that's been going around the internet. I, personally, don't watch it due to people randomly popping into my room at worst possible intervals. So, naturally, if I decided to watch it, I'd have people trying to use my room as a frikkin' highway.

Also lol@mary sue.

a70c7.png

Of course she's beautiful, but she's also an underdog, so that's why she's human. I imagine everyone else with have super races.

Her hair/eye color also needs to change with her mood. Oh and throw sephiroth from final fantasy and some pseudo japanese in too. Just some advice from occasionally looking through Deviant Art characters and trolling respectfully reading and offering constructive criticism live journals.

EDIT:

Can my character's power be to make puppies appear anywhere? ANYWHERE?

LNYvk.png

Can we please not ridicule people trying to come up with an original roleplaying game?

If you don't like the idea you don't have to be involved...

And if you feel the need to attack people for trying, then do it in private, not out where everyone can see how much of a philistine you look.

I mean, people don't appear on Kingmaker and post:

'Lol, can my character have a ring that fires swords'

'My character is a cross between all the dragons, and is immortal.'

You would soon get pretty wound up if they did.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I wasn't attacking the game, personally. I'm interested in playing it, because it sounds original.

Still, sorry for doing it. In hindsight, wasn't exactly the best thing to do.

Going to edit in character stuff when there's more info about the setting and such, though :grin: .

[hide=]

Name: Michael Standing

Race: Human.

Fighter Class: Rogue

Bio: Michael transferred into the academy to study game design, only to end up in a game.

Partner: Mimic?

[/hide]

Got the name in Space 2 and I'm keeping it :razz:

Can we please not ridicule people trying to come up with an original roleplaying game?

And if you feel the need to attack people for trying, then do it in private, not out where everyone can see how much of a philistine you look.

Someone didn't read my disclaimer.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Name: Neil Carrows

Race: DWARF.

Fighter Class: Assassin.

Bio: Neil is a neutral-good guy who has a tendency to be a bit of a whiny, pathetic wuss. He's also mildly overweight, but nothing too major. He learn how to wield a spear by picking off the various many-legged vermin that would enter his room and attempt to eat his Cheez Doodles. NOBODY eats Neil's Cheez Doodles. NOBODY. He's lived a pretty average life, except for the whole spear, multilegged vermin, and Cheez Doodles thing.

Partner: Leiana, I guess.

a70c7.png

I was merely trying to be helpful by explaining that generally it is a good idea to provide an idea of what you intend for the players to make their characters like. Even if you do not want to strictly say what is and isn't a valid option, Providing that general idea of what you want will go a long way towards avoiding difficult characters from the perspective of running things. (Stricter settings like D&D and Pathfinder largely deal with the issue by having reletively few choices for characters, when Freeform games essentially demand pointing the players in the general direction you want them to go in during character creation)

Then I simply provided a brief example of the type of thing that ended up fitting in the extremely loose restrictions provided (Had to be attending Yume Acadamy as a student, which in terms of description seems to be a Secondary School likely in the sense of anime/manga use of them as a setting, and ended up getting trapped in the game of 'The End' by the mysterious Lady Yume. For all we know about the introduction it may actually be Anything goes as a result of the mysterious machine) which was most likely something that was not intended.

EDIT: Also I was trying to highlight the ambiguity of some of the terms on the character format, which have very different meanings between general useage and tabletop RPG usage

Edited by wyvren2000

I apologize, it was not my intent to ridicule anyone who wanted to start up a new game. I was just offering a few tips on how to make a character as close to the gold standard (Raven Dementia whatever, I wasn't able to get through a fair bit of My Immortal (read: damned near all of it)) of Mary Sues as possible). As for the second bit, I apologize again, I am/was unsure of character creation so I thought of a bit of a joke power (make puppies appear in someone's chest cavity/brain). Hell I'm not quite sure what type of game this is going to be.

LNYvk.png

Lynx, since this is your first time running a game (I think) I would like to give you a bit of advice for running an RPG focusing on the roleplaying:

Make sure all of the NPCs in a game are sufficiently seperated from yourself (Personality, description, motives, accomplishments, etc.) to help distance yourself from the characters, as the worst thing that can happen while running a game is for what happens to your characters in game to negatively effect you in real life.

Name: Håkon

Fighter Class: Berserker (generally stronger, faster and more violent when pissed off or under the influence of any chemical, but also loses capabillity of strategic thinking)

Bio: Håkon was had moved to (Japan?) close to three years earlier. Despite his massive build and general barbarian-like apearance he was actually getting a master's degree in astrophysics and he was taking game creations as a side-study.

I chose Mathu as my partner.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

For the sake of the goddesses, CHILL PEOPLES!

I'm gonna edit the first post. I didn't have enough time to finish yesterday before I had to go watch the Green Hornet. So sit tight, relax, and wait untill it's finished.

@ Mather: Acceptable Character. I will make sure he's your partner.

@ Wyvren: They're not attatched to me in any sort of way possible (except that they're my idea anyway).

@ Stork: Fighter classes that can use spears include Amazons, Assassins, and a few others.

@ Mask: There is no such thing as a Magical Knight. The Palidin catagory is probably the closest you can get to magical.

@ Ico: Not accceptable. You and I both know you can do WAY better than that. And you cannot be an everything class.

@ Nex: ........ I know what I'm doing. If you don't want to play, then tough noogies for you.

I still don't understand. Is it fighting, dungeon crawl, puzzle?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It's sorta like the Cursed Planet, except no one is cursed and I have a really nice list of monsters for everybody to beat up (List to be later posted).