Most efficient way to max

Umeshy

Umeshy.png

So, my goal is to max all my skills while being as efficient as possible. Before I start slaying again, I'm going to try and get all my effigy skills to 97.

•  
  • 99 combats while slaying. Finish off range with chins
  • 99 prayer with frost bones
  • 97 fishing via rocktails when I'm busy and barbarian fishing when I have time.
  • 97 crafting with battlestaves while waiting for dg teams to assemble
  • 97 mining at lrc while superheating
  • 9_ smithing at lrc, and finish it off with adamant plates
  • 97 herblore with ... ?
  • 92 agility at barbarian outpost with horn [will probably dump all my effigies in agility; not 100% sure yet]
  • 99 thieving via monkey knife fighters?
  • 9_ farming with torstols and then go mage/palms in the end
  • 97 hunter with draconics
  • 97 cons with oaks/mahogany[depends on price]
  • 94ish summoning banked atm
  • 99 dg with friends. Not even considering 120 atm!

•  
  • I will be using urns whenever I can.
  • Really considering using effigies on agility. I will use them on slayer if I reach 99 combats before I get 99 slayer.
  • I have ~200M cash and have banked 98 prayer and 92 smithing. My cash pile usually grows at a least 1M per day so if a method does require more cash, I could get it.

I'm really looking for xp/hr on some methods that you may propose and if the methods that I have outlined are well..efficient! If someone could estimate how much time this will all take, that would be awesome!

Have you considered doing dungeoneering first because you'll get a large chunk of xp on all skills by the time you're done.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Thought about it, and I'd rather dungeoneer with friends to reduce the head ache. Even w148 is full of [developmentally delayed]s. I also think that I would be more help to the team if I have max combats and I will be slaying once I get 97 in all effigy skills :D

Just a note about dungeoneering: 94+ in all stats will allow you to pot to ANY possible door, and having a high total sets you up to be a more effective keyer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

No need to farm anything other than torstols after 85 farming unless you intend to game for over 12 hours a day.

You'll get 99 farming well before you max everything else.

there might be something more efficient than air bstaffs. for crafting.

Remember you can superheat a few ores while you're smithing addy plates.

I never had a problem getting 99 ranged without chins, just cannon + steel titan.

What's your money source out of curiosity.

effigies on agility is a good choice considering you're 99 RC.

Naaxi.png

No need to farm anything other than torstols after 85 farming unless you intend to game for over 12 hours a day.

You'll get 99 farming well before you max everything else.

there might be something more efficient than air bstaffs. for crafting.

Remember you can superheat a few ores while you're smithing addy plates.

I never had a problem getting 99 ranged without chins, just cannon + steel titan.

What's your money source out of curiosity.

effigies on agility is a good choice considering you're 99 RC.

Yeah, I figured torstols + effigies will eventually get me to 99 farming. I guess I could stock up on some blue dhides and just craft those when I bankstand at daemonheim.

I get all my money from flipping now since skilling barely profits.

I'd like to add that if you ever plan on obtaining the spells from Livid Farm (i.e. if you ever want to get the Completionist Cape), you should do it while the experience matters to you. It's a substantial amount of magic and farming experience (although you're 99 magic already), as well as a chunk of crafting, construction, and agility experience.

Of course, if you don't want the spells, this would probably be suboptimal.

Ruleroflight.png

I'd like to add that if you ever plan on obtaining the spells from Livid Farm (i.e. if you ever want to get the Completionist Cape), you should do it while the experience matters to you. It's a substantial amount of magic and farming experience (although you're 99 magic already), as well as a chunk of crafting, construction, and agility experience.

If he's planning to max anyway, then presumably he'll want the completionist cape. All spells unlocked is a requirement for the cape I believe, so best to do livid farm while you can still use the farming experience.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

If he's planning to max anyway, then presumably he'll want the completionist cape. All spells unlocked is a requirement for the cape I believe, so best to do livid farm while you can still use the farming experience.

As is 120 DG, which OP states he is not considering.

At the moment ;). I believe the OP hasn't tried dgs yet, so that may well change in the future.

I think 93-99 farming has the potential to make you 100m or more, I'd use effigies on fishing too.

Right now you need, of the effigy skills:

Fishing/farming

Mining/smithing

Agility/crafting

Woodcutting/fletching

Summoning/runecrafting

Herblore/hunter

Construction/thieving

Only cooking/firemaking is all done.

Since you also need combat stats, cave crawlers are likely the best choice for a fairly long time, though you also need to finish off slayer. That's not taking into account money (e.g. you're willing to dump the 200m into it no question). This would be faster than actually skilling, though that doesn't count the time spent making money.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I will use effigies on hunter since herblore is very fast xp already.

I doubt I will do cave crawlers for fast effigies unless I get bored of agility which will most likely happen! My clan is having an agility skilling week sometime soon, so that will motivate me to get some xp ;) How many effigies do you think i'll get if I spend 100k cannon balls and use a steel titan?

I decided on getting 99 crafting and then start slaying again.

Thanks again!

I will use effigies on hunter since herblore is very fast xp already.

Hunter is very fast exp too.

Herblore is faster while paying way less attention that hunter.

Crawlers are around 5k cannonballs and 1.1 effigies per hour with a steel titan only. You can expect around 20 effigies from 100k cannonballs, possibly more of course. I'd suggest slaying for charms first.

Should be noted that provided you have at least all effigy combos open, and if you don't value your cash, crawlers are the most efficient way to gain xp. This changes of course if you lock effigy combos, but cooking/firemaking makes very little difference.

(courtesy of xpx, not sure on his actual calculations but the conclusions are there)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Crawlers are around 5k cannonballs and 1.1 effigies per hour with a steel titan only. You can expect around 20 effigies from 100k cannonballs, possibly more of course. I'd suggest slaying for charms first.

Should be noted that provided you have at least all effigy combos open, and if you don't value your cash, crawlers are the most efficient way to gain xp. This changes of course if you lock effigy combos, but cooking/firemaking makes very little difference.

(courtesy of xpx, not sure on his actual calculations but the conclusions are there)

I thought about this, and I don't think I will go there. However, I've been thinking about using my dragonkin lamp on slayer. Slayer is way slower than agility with a penance horn. I currently have 26 effigies I think. What slayer level should I get before using them? I'll get 99 crafting by tomorrow and then get 92 smithing. I really want to clean out my bank and only keep essential, so I'll be doing that following 92 smithing. Slayer all the way to 99 after!

I would not recommend using effigies on slayer. It may be slower XP than agility, but that doesn't factor in the effigies you gain from slayer, along with the fact you still need to max your other combats.

If you check the EffigyScape guide in AOW, it has a list of tasks to block and skip to obtain the best effigies, although you would need to adjust that a bit as you want good effigies as well as good XP.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I would not recommend using effigies on slayer. It may be slower XP than agility, but that doesn't factor in the effigies you gain from slayer, along with the fact you still need to max your other combats.

If you check the EffigyScape guide in AOW, it has a list of tasks to block and skip to obtain the best effigies, although you would need to adjust that a bit as you want good effigies as well as good XP.

I did some quick calcs sometime last week, and I will be max melees before I get 99 slayer. I'll be 99 combats by the time I hit 97 slayer anyways, and hopefully be at decent levels in the rest of my skills. Effigies from slayer tasks come at a very slow rate, so I think I'll be better off using the lamps on slayer. I have ~26 effigies banked atm, so I'd only need 24 more before I hit 97 slayer. Considering I averaged 1 effigy/100K slayer xp from 87-90 slayer, I think I will get those 24 effigies + a lot more hopefully!

Little updata on what I'm doing: Got 99 craft yesterday and will get 93 summoning today to complete the Ardy Elite. After that, I'm just slaying at night and afking rocktails during the day.