Censor revision

I'd much rather see Prick unfiltered - However I doubt that will happen *giggles*

That, and Dick, because "Former Vice President [bleep] Cheney" just looks funny.

I'm pretty sure you can just evade in those cases. On the other hand, not everyone knows to do that, or how.

I see what they did there, dsavi. Good ol' decreased browser fonts FTW. :thumbsup:

You don't even need to decrease it, just set it to the same size and the censor won't match.

C2b6gs7.png

Do people not know how to scan files with an AV before executing them anyways? Do they not know who to trust and who not to? Christ, I thought this game was designed for adults who could decide things like this for themselves. You'd have to be an idiot to run an exe file posted by someone not known on here.

09144a99bb.png

Do people not know how to scan files with an AV before executing them anyways? Do they not know who to trust and who not to? Christ, I thought this game was designed for adults who could decide things like this for themselves. You'd have to be an idiot to run an exe file posted by someone not known on here.

Yo dude, I downloaded all these trojans cuz they're supposed to protect my computer from diseases. They didn't work! It's totally infected now!!! :(

td2sig.jpg

Seriously? It wasn't long ago when Jagex would warn and ban people people from the official forum for posting links to mainstream stuff like CNN. This is a game that one time you would get a warning for calling a player in a deathmatch wench (true story, that one was me) and one that was heavily marketed towards teens. I mean hell they removed quest monstors from the Lava maze to edge dungeon to make the quest "Easier" - Jagex spent 3 or 4 years making the game child proof. Asking for an MSN, Email or trying to make a friend outside of the game was personal details, and I can name 3 or 4 members of my clan who got muted (in one case, permanently)for "Advertising" even though our site was not a scam site. To think runescape was always marketed towards adults, lest intelligent people is misguided at best, lord knows the value on trade screens, doomsayer, ditch of stupidity, multiple warnings on duel/trades were made for smart and savy users right? :rolleyes: Anyone who played classic SHOULD know runescape has been dumbed down for the masses. Even RS2 product's should of seen Jagex become ultra protective of it's userbase and then stop caring. I'm not sure how long you've been playing, but it couldn't of been too long if you think runescape was designed for adults. a good third to half of the games life was geared towards protecting users. I just feel you have to be in the minority to think Jagex is geared for adults, Don't know about you, but runescape was a social stigma at my university. I mean, most hot sorority chicks had no clue what it was - but gamers and fellow CS/Cis/Engineering students? Holy crap, some dude played RS in networking class once, and he was made fun of the ENTIRE semester, He was called "Runes" All semester long. Hell with quick-chat world's - I'd make an arguement it's geared towards tweens. But even with the filters removal - adult's can't talk about ebay or select adult sites ;)

Tip.it on the otherhand, has went through various stages of stupidity - again any longstanding member of runescape would remember when tip.it disallowed RL pictures for fear of people using them for bad "things" - users were protected at the cost of functionality.

Furthermore, it's extremely asinine to assume "adults" are technical savvy because they are "capable of making a decision. I program in C# and PHP, I'm capable of making a decision on a link - take it from someone who works in customer support - the average person over the age of 30 is beyond incapable of making competent technical decisions. I'd wager from various experiences on facebook and fixing classmates computers at university - that a very small percentage of people our age are actually technical savvy unless they actually have an interest in computers.

I think it's fair for Tip.it to protect by blocking executables - simply because while some users are smart and intelligent, the general masses are stupid and uniformed. The amount of feedback forms we get where people think WE'RE JAGEX were mind boggling - I could see angry parent's and crap blaming us for a virus that they downloaded when it was a malicious link that lasted all of 15 minutes

~Das

PS: Runescape carries such a stigma - that even my call center employees are so bored they watch my little pony on youtube over trying runescape. I think the only reason I don't get [cabbage] for it more than I do - is because I can write them up. They ask me great thing's like

"Hey Dan, you cooking any lobsters tonight?" "Hey Dan, you should make fire in straight lines between calls" "Hey Dan, I think my 70's Han Solo toy here has more movement than your Character".

Firemaking at work was lulzy - True exchange

"Hey dan, all you do is click logs in a line for hours?" "yes" "how is that fun?" "It's not" "Why do you play" "I like the people I play with" "You wanna go make fires in a line tonight after work?" "sure" "what kind of wood do you burn on the game?" "maple" "Sweet, i got that in my backyard".

Firemaking in real life is MUCH harder.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

PS: Runescape carries such a stigma - that even my call center employees are so bored they watch my little pony on youtube over trying runescape. I think the only reason I don't get [cabbage] for it more than I do - is because I can write them up. They ask me great thing's like

"Hey Dan, you cooking any lobsters tonight?" "Hey Dan, you should make fire in straight lines between calls" "Hey Dan, I think my 70's Han Solo toy here has more movement than your Character".

Firemaking at work was lulzy - True exchange

"Hey dan, all you do is click logs in a line for hours?" "yes" "how is that fun?" "It's not" "Why do you play" "I like the people I play with" "You wanna go make fires in a line tonight after work?" "sure" "what kind of wood do you burn on the game?" "maple" "Sweet, i got that in my backyard".

Firemaking in real life is MUCH harder.

ha, whenever my friends (male or female) seeing me play RS, I like to pretend I'm unhealthily obsessed with the game for the lulz. works pretty well :P

77yLQy8.png