1. 1. What game do you want to play?

• Premade country hegemony
    • Grow your own hegemony
    • Neither

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's going to take a lot, I wont allow that with the 'free tech' because I'm going to assume it requires a bunch of techs to actually be able to travel through it.

I'm going to go with level 20 weird tech until I really know what you want from this tech

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

If that were true, it would imply that the fourth-dimension is not subject to the rules shown by the first three dimensions. By moving a circular shape through the 1st dimension, you would have a line grow and shrink, by moving a sphere through the 2nd dimension, you would have a circle grow and shrink, however by moving a circular timeline through the third dimension, you would have nothing. The fourth dimension must have a set of rules wherein a perfectly circular 4-dimensional shape would appear as a growing and shrinking sphere in the third dimension.

Icu, that's why I said shifting and not movement. Movement implies that you are able to do so freely, shifting implies that you force the object to be displaced, like pushing something.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Uhhh, what free tech?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Mather still, it's a bit crazy...

And every 5 levels (I think) weird tech gives you one free tech

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

If that were true, it would imply that the fourth-dimension is not subject to the rules shown by the first three dimensions. By moving a circular shape through the 1st dimension, you would have a line grow and shrink, by moving a sphere through the 2nd dimension, you would have a circle grow and shrink, however by moving a circular timeline through the third dimension, you would have nothing. The fourth dimension must have a set of rules wherein a perfectly circular 4-dimensional shape would appear as a growing and shrinking sphere in the third dimension.

A circular timeline?

Ok, a circular 4 dimentional shape would be a shape that started as something, did something else, and then went back to its starting shape.

So....lets simplify that....An Planet and a Moon Orbiting.

It starts at A, goes to B, goes to C, ect, ect, ect.

If you were drawing that in a 4 dimentional universe then it would be a Torus(or 4d equivilant) since all the various positions would be shown contagiously.

While in the 3rd dimention we see it 'frame by frame'.

Alternatively you can consider a balloon being constantly inflated and deflated. Going from a small sphere, to a large sphere, and back to small sphere again.

Its a less perfect analogue because we would see the person blowing air into the balloon.

Obviously trying to explain the 4th dimension to someone living in the 3rd dimension is like trying to explain a sphere to someone using only circles...without the concept of depth existing either.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The fourth dimension cannot be time because a spherical object with a circular timeline would just be represented as a sphere repeatedly doing nothing in the third dimension, a four-dimensional sphere however would appear as a single point, grown, shrink back to a point and disappear.

I give you the second most basic 4D object, the tesseract:

240px-Schlegel_wireframe_8-cell.png

If you want to argue any further on the fourth dimension being spatial or temporal, post that argument on the Back Room.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mini Update:

The Terran War of Aggression against Northern Texas

With only a year after the massacre at Creek, the Terran unending aggression turned it's eyes towards it's other border buddy, Northern Texas. Although, with Terran's recent aggression, the Texans, and surrounding countries have also built up sizeable forces to deal with the Terran aggression and the Texan's were well prepared for an attack by the Terran forces.

The Terran army split 50/50, with one team charging south through the Northern border(Alpha), and the other charging east through the western border(Bravo). The Alpha team encountered the entire Texan army, sizing up to around

18,000 Infantry

4 Tanks

4 Fighters

8 Helicopters

In comparison to half ot the Terran army

6,000 Infantry

5,000 Marines

5 Tanks

2 Fighters

Before any ground fighting took place though, the skies above Texas were filled with the fighters of both sides. The terran squadron flew in quickly to take out any possible aerial threat, but were quickly matched by a force twice their size, the well oiled and looked after Texan jets obliterated the Terran fighters in such a swift battle the Terrans weren't even a mile past the border.

With the Texan's owning the air, the Texan helicopters were able to lay down a large suppression against the oncoming Terran's, backed with their large, 18,000 man infantry army and tank squad.

The battle was bloody, the Texan helicopters were easy able to supress the Terran ground troops while any attempts at cover they would be drawn out by Texan footsoldiers or take heavy fire from the tank divisions. Although the large use of helicopters meant the Terran's were able to destroy two full divisions, quite costly for the Texan state, which already is in economical down fall because of this venture.

Before the Terran's took too many losses they hastly retreated back to Terra (?) taking

8,890 casualties spread among the infantry/marines divisons. They'll need awhile (year) to replenish the losses fully, but they can still fight.

The victorious Texan army has taken up defensive positions in their capital, making sure to keep supplies up incase of a large siege by the remaining terran forces.

Although this costly military loss for the terran's took many troops, the bravo squad was able to quickly occupy the rest of the Texan provinces

MAP

iXB5O.png

Darker yellow provinces are your armies.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It is a 2D representation of the 3D representation of the 4D shape called the tesseract. If it was a 3D representation and you were to move around it, it would appear to loop through itself as you moved.

I'll post three .gifs on the Back Room to explain.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I kinda wanna make a thing about this. They cannot have afforded all that army based on their income, so imo some of it must have been 'conscripted' and therefore are [cabbage] at fighting. Thx

you can call my homeland Orbital Command

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Yeah I know they couldn't afford it from 2 years income, but I gave them a starting army and then a bonus from your aggressiveness.

If you really want to be pedantic I could say they were funded by a larger nation who wants to protect them...

I'll do the next mini update soon

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I'll say 20 cash for 10% increase for 5 years

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Increase of weird tech?

50 Cash (1 PP)

12.5 Tech (0.25 PP)

40 Weird tech (0.8 PP)

25,000 Manpower (500 PP)

+0.5 Tech

-0.5 Offensive skill to any form of military.

|+10% Weird tech

|-20 Cash

|4 years remaining

Used:

13 Tech

Total:

60 Cash

163 Weird tech

50,000 Manpower

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I personally would work out the average army of all players then divide that by the average number of provinces, that number would then be multiplied by the number of provinces and so thus all provinces would be equal to the average player in this game (and it would mean that you wouldn't add armies to cope with aggresiveness or attempting to equal the player)

Its the only fair way, giving enemys a bonus if they don't stand a chance against a player isn't very fun or fair.

qTLQRuS.png

The more obvious way of doing it...would be to have small, weak countries die when invaded by large countries. AKA, Iraq when it was invaded by the USA.

If another country was funding them, then they should still only be able to arm up to their manpower.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yearly gold output: 121 gold

Tech output: 24.6 Normal Tech, 1.6 Military Tech

Manpower: 20,400

Purchases:

-Changed-

26.2 Military Technology (Tech investment)

Remainder:

78.6 Military Technology

1 gold

28,300 Manpower

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The more obvious way of doing it...would be to have small, weak countries die when invaded by large countries. AKA, Iraq when it was invaded by the USA.

If another country was funding them, then they should still only be able to arm up to their manpower.

Luckily manpower is so ridiculously big that this won't matter most of the time

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!