1. 1. What game do you want to play?

• Premade country hegemony
    • Grow your own hegemony
    • Neither

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somebody please explain the poll options to me?

Edit: I just want to play the game I signed up for, which option is that?

Premade is the one I suggested

Grow your own is Archi's

@Archi, I don't know how to make it a public poll

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Could somebody please explain the poll options to me?

Edit: I just want to play the game I signed up for, which option is that?

Premade is the one I suggested

Grow your own is Archi's

@Archi, I don't know how to make it a public poll

You can't once you've made it.

Added to Resistance's map with the Japanese empire.

http://min.us/lZJEU

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Grow your own is definitely better but National Idea's and Projects are terrible.

Because?

National ideas stop the 'I haz nukes and mazzive amies and robital cannnnons, i r awesome' At least initially, people will probably get all three over time anyway.

I mean, yeah, it is limiting as hell. I want my P-Jets, Mustard Gas Mines, Rhine Dam, Orbital Laser Defence Network, Particle Cannon Emplacements, Laser Fields, Zero-Gee Adjustment Centers, Genetic Experiment Prisons, ect ect...

But all of that would logically take time to do in the real world, so should, logically, take time to do in the game world.

Projects seem a logical way to increase province usefulness without turning the game into the 'haves' and 'have-nots'

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Grow your own is definitely better but National Idea's and Projects are terrible.

Because?

National ideas stop the 'I haz nukes and mazzive amies and robital cannnnons, i r awesome' At least initially, people will probably get all three over time anyway.

I mean, yeah, it is limiting as hell. I want my P-Jets, Mustard Gas Mines, Rhine Dam, Orbital Laser Defence Network, Particle Cannon Emplacements, Laser Fields, Zero-Gee Adjustment Centers, Genetic Experiment Prisons, ect ect...

But all of that would logically take time to do in the real world, so should, logically, take time to do in the game world.

Projects seem a logical way to increase province usefulness without turning the game into the 'haves' and 'have-nots'

I don't have so much of a problem with Projects, I shouldn't have really included it.

National idea's are terrible, they simply limit the game for no real reason and add a new gameplay element that could easily be solved by 'you don't have enough money'. The idea of collecting points and then spending them is neither fun, realistic or nessacary. Its just a sort of 'lets add it, it won't benefit the game but lets add it anyway to make it different'. You're penalised for researching anything that isn't going to help you in the battlefield.

I suggest that a way of limiting technology research would be to expand upon the manpower system: a percentage of manpower (starting at 1% and increasing depending on how much of your budget is funded into education) would be capable of researching technology.

Say that my highly educated manpower contains 20,000 individuals I could potentially split 10,000 into cranial bores and then 10,000 into gun-sight improvements. Throughout the course of researching the educated manpower cannot be accessed without cancelling the project, they are unusable until the project is finished.

qTLQRuS.png

National idea's are terrible, they simply limit the game for no real reason and add a new gameplay element that could easily be solved by 'you don't have enough money'. The idea of collecting points and then spending them is neither fun, realistic or nessacary. Its just a sort of 'lets add it, it won't benefit the game but lets add it anyway to make it different'. You're penalised for researching anything that isn't going to help you in the battlefield.

Anyone else agree?

Personally, it seems like a much better way of limiting the game rather the the mod arbitrarily saying:

'I know you are the richest nation on the planet, but you don't have enough money to build one nuclear missile.'

'Yeah, of course its alright for the poorest nation on the the planet to give everyone a free electric car.'

Also, sometimes people do totally insane things, like 'I convert all my people to reptiles', or 'I begin genetic experiments on foreign nations because my people are xenophobic'

Would be better to have a system that moderates that, rather than either doesn't allow them to ever do it, or makes it insanely easy for them to do it.

'You can turn all your people to reptiles, but you won't be able to build anti-mammal missiles while you do it, unless you have more national ideas.

Manpower research system is terribly complicated, and rather unneccessary.

Since technology growth is already limited by provinces and the five technology groups.

Also, do we really want to start the 'My Gun Sight Improvements are worth more than your Bionic Eye HUD improvement in battle.'

Keeping the technobabble science to the wierd tech group keeps that to a minimum, without screwing players into never being allow their own tech.

People seem happy with the system as it is, but if people want to change it, fair enough.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Having counted up the provinces, I have found

Grim: has only picked 49 provinces

Resistance has only picked 49 provinces

And I am unsure which way to count Retech's provinces due to like most of them being island chains.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I think its better to not include any sort of system like that at all, we should be able to research as many things as we like providing our treasury allows it. I don't see why how it would stop people doing insane things! It'll just limit them doing anything.

Fix Suggestion: Allow five technologys from the start of the game/allow one technology in each tech class from the start of the game.

Edit: Add a random one to the east please.

qTLQRuS.png

Icu, I just counted an island chain as one province, since lots of the islands are really annoying to color in, so there are 45 provinces in the Japan region and 5 in the "Chinese" region of my country. So the actual count may be off by one or two provinces, but since the benefits are based on provinces anyways, it doesn't really matter whether my count is slightly off due to the ambiguity of the map, as long as I start with 50 provinces, which I am.

Rocco is correct that the research anything you want system is flawed. In Napoleanic Hegemony, I had so much money that I was just making up random research names to funnel all my money somewhere. Not to mention all of the other issues that other Hegemonies faced from unlimited research.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

And you are the expert on this how?

Well then five is definitely the minimum.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Being able to research five things at a time will make the game a [bleep]ing [cabbage] show in a week.

You said it was reasonable two posts ago.

qTLQRuS.png

Yes, but countries in the real world aren't trying to simultaneously develop nuclear weapons, interplanetary space travel, and kinetic weapons of mass destruction over the course of five years.

The real reason it doesn't work is that we're much more willing to go to war with each other than real countries, so as a result we need to have less access to weapons. Otherwise, half the game is wiped out in a week and the game dies.

As illustrated by:

Me, with Anthrax

Me, with super firebombs

Rocco, with ICBMs

Archi, with moon flinging

Archi + Dusty, with the super ships affair

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

The anthrax reminds me of Dr. Strangelove, where the Soviets built a doomsday device but didn't tell the Americans, ruining the whole point of having such a Doomsday device.

Except in my case, it was forgetting that I had anthrax until I was attacked, then looking back in old PMs and realizing my first project was to developed biological weapons. Pretty convienient. :P

Rocco, stop acting like this is some neanderthal hegemony, on a nation-wide scale, a thousand research projects is a slow year. In real life there are perhaps five million separate research projects going on this very moment.

But most don't develop weapons that can destroy the world.

Fix:

Icu's technology classes are very useful for a system like this.

• Warfare - two at a time
  • Production - two at a time
  • Civil - three at a time
  • Space - two at a time.
  • Weird - five at a time.
  • WMD's - one at a time, research penaltys in everything else being research.

Maximum of six research projects at at a time.

Please note that this is the MAXIMUM, you shouldn't be researching that many anyway but the system that Archi suggested basically penalises any research of any type whether its medical or whatnot.

-

Thats a comprimise at the minimum, any less would be ridiculous.

qTLQRuS.png

We should just put your idea to a vote, instead of pretending its some sort of consensus of everyone.