1. 1. What game do you want to play?

• Premade country hegemony
    • Grow your own hegemony
    • Neither

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I've got this cleared by Icu, so if I piss anyone off, perhaps we can reach an agreement?

In the late 2020s, a more secular Italy decided, among other things to do the unthinkable (at least to the world's Catholic population), they would annex the Vatican and make it part of Italy once more. Needless to say the Vatican reacted... strongly against this action, but Italy seemed dead set in that motion, so, after clearing it with the French government, they moved back to Avignon and set about renovating the old city into its former grandeur. Over time, and many wars with German and Spanish states France gained and lost territory (as well as gaining territory in a war against the Swiss and the Italians), and after a time, the church had become fully integrated into society. A strange dualism had settled into France, there were both secular and religious schools (an option for the parents to choose), secular and religious organizations, and even the same dualism in the military and the government, with the prime minister holding office over the bodies of the French and the Pope guiding the faithful.

LNYvk.png

It is only thriving until a military power decides to make it less so.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You can only research one thing at a time and so thus everyone will have to research WMD's and only WMD's. infantry, tanks and and everything else are made obselete because people can only research one thing at a time and surely you wouldn't waste it on puny humans.

qTLQRuS.png

You don't have to research troops... You build troops, you build tanks... you research things you can't build so that you can build them...

I meant other tech groups apart from wierd will be useless because if people will only be researching one thing at a time they'll only be building WMD's, researching anything else would put them at a severe disadvantage.

Its unbalanced and stupid, basically the game will run like this:

>Nations build army to protect themselves.

>Research starts on OMGWTFBBQ weapon that insta-kills everyone alternately work begins on OMGWTFBBQ army add-on that insta-kills everyone.

>Long period of boredom and mild conflicts

>Somebody releases OMGWTFBBQ weapon/army

>Big Battle

>End of game.

qTLQRuS.png

WMDs can always be nerfed. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Rocco,

I've improved upon my post since you last read it but essentially what I'm saying is that if you can only research one thing at a time you're forced to research something like a WMD, little things aren't allowed as you're only allowed one at a time.

qTLQRuS.png

WMDs can always be nerfed. :P

Or you could just remove [essentially] technology research all together like Archi is suggesting.

No, just no!

Or we can take each other out of context in an attempt to villify the people we don't agree with.

Fact is, I, and Ico, agreed that having a Hegemony game that didn't have a bazillion techs was a good idea.

You are invited to make your own Hegemony if you disagree, and we will see how people vote by who joins what.

Grim, good back story :thumbup:

I am taking Ireland, btw.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

My suggestion is that having and using WMDs carries some penalties, which should balance their destructive power.

Ya know, the reason why they aren't actually used in RL.

That's a good idea.

And quite simply, they could just be less destructive.

I'm going to keep the poll running until tomorrow, although it looks pretty much garunteed that Archi's game will be run.

Also, I'm taking RP into account, so I hope people are more incluned roleplay, although it is not necessary.

WMD's will be treated to as close to real life as I can make it, so will the cause and effect of actually using one.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Can we start?

Not everyone has picked their 50 provinces.

I will say tomorrow.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Waiting on me and Dungeonal I believe.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I was going to add your country on, but I didn't trust myself not to leave off a province or two.

---

Wait, Icu's playing too?

^

Not opposed, but curious

By me, I meant a map for Europa

And of course I'm playing... The NPC nations.

It's a REALLY big shaft.