Best way to train prayer?

Dusk Souls

What is the most time-efficient way to train prayer? I am only 29 and want to get to at least 43 for Protects against melee.

Other stats, if they matter

Atk: 50

Str: 50

Def:50

Rge: 40

Mgc 45

Con 51

Dusk%20Soul.png

F2p or P2p? this makes a huge difference. It also depends on if you are looking for speed or cost effectiveness.

P2P and I would like speed; but I am assuming that needs a lot of cash, which I am short of right now, so cost effective.

Dusk%20Soul.png

Well, fastest would be frost bones on a gilded altar, but thats probably over kill anyway. You could try the ecto, it saves some money, but isnt very fast. I remember getting those levels in F2p just by burying big bones. Its not too much xp to get to 43, and you can always use the various calcs to see exactly how many bones you need with each method.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Well, fastest would be frost bones on a gilded altar, but thats probably over kill anyway. You could try the ecto, it saves some money, but isnt very fast. I remember getting those levels in F2p just by burying big bones. Its not too much xp to get to 43, and you can always use the various calcs to see exactly how many bones you need with each method.

Ecto on bigbones then it is..., well I just got a slayer task to kill ogres...

Dusk%20Soul.png

Ecto is more expensive than altaring. You lose time which can be spent making money.

My construction level is 1, and from what I understand you need a lot of cash to train construction reliably, I have under 100 K in my bank account

Dusk%20Soul.png

Ecto is more expensive than altaring. You lose time which can be spent making money.

My construction level is 1, and from what I understand you need a lot of cash to train construction reliably, I have under 100 K in my bank account

You can use World 31 Yanille house portal and borrow other people's altars. Since 29-43 is a fairly small exp gap, you should have no trouble consistently finding hosts. Simply stand outside the portal and keep an eye out for people advertising.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

You can use World 31 Yanille house portal and borrow other people's altars. Since 29-43 is a fairly small exp gap, you should have no trouble consistently finding hosts. Simply stand outside the portal and keep an eye out for people advertising.

Hmmm when I finish my slayer task I am sure to do this

Dusk%20Soul.png

I just did a few calculations to see how much it'd cost for me to get to 99 Prayer myself, and big bones are actually the most cost-effective bones out there. Interesting how the less exp something gives, the more cost-effective it is to use, with a few exceptions.

Anyways, assuming that you just got to level 29, you'll need 267k worth of big bones to get to 43 via Gilded Altars, or 233k via Ecto.

dragon on a gilded altar is considered the most cost and time effective. if you want something slightly cheaper, infernal ashes are pretty good too. as others have said, id do a few quests that give pray xp too.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

dragon on a gilded altar is considered the most cost and time effective. if you want something slightly cheaper, infernal ashes are pretty good too. as others have said, id do a few quests that give pray xp too.

Too poor and too low level to kill Dragons reliably

Dusk%20Soul.png

Right now I am doing a slayer task killing Ogres

Edit: Just to be clear I am taking into acount all your suggestions, it is just that some of them are not viable at the moment.

Dusk%20Soul.png

If I were you i'd kill mobs for big bones and bank em, as your combat lvl goes up you can move on to dragons also banking the bones.

This will be quite slow and tedious but you will lvl quite abit and gain few big bones and dragon bones along the way.

unless you win some kind of lottery or a high lvl friend quit and leaves you ~175-225 milion gold :P then do Dragon bones @ altar.

Runescape Main: | + Combat 138 + | 99 HP | 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | Prayer 99 | Mage 99 | Slayer 90 | 99 Cooking | | 99 Fletch | 99 Summoning | Theiving 99 | Firemaking 99 | Woodcutting 99 | Agility 99 | Ranging 99 | Herblore 99 | Total skill: ~2350+

I've seen multiple posts where people say kill things and bank big bones.

This is a tremendous waste of time (both in the actual banking process and then having to altar the god damn bones)

Tbh, right now - there are very little things that you would need prayer for (assuming you're doing slayer)

I would keep doing slayer, and level up combat through this - try to complete some quests as you can to increase your combat levels.

The main idea of all of this is to reach a sufficient level at which you can start/have access to the good money makers - most of which include bossing, td's, or dragons

Since you won't be getting maxed melee/herb/all the things required for bossing/td - this leaves dragons.

They are a bit tedious but will provide you with one of the best incomes of the game which will unlock more things for you.

Some things that aren't combat related but will attribute to some profit:

-MTK (please, please - RUSH these quests as soon as you can)

Manage Thy Kingdom can give >1 mil gold per week EASILY

There isn't really much to do other then put coins in your coffer and get your popularity up once in a while

-Herb runs - although they have declined in price, they are still GREAT for money making and herb runs only take about 3-4 minutes

-Dailies - don't do every single one but at around your level you should be:

Buying the unfinished broad bolt/arrows

Buying the ingredients for terrorbirds from that guy at O'olong(sp?)

There are a few money making things you can do but apart from skilling, prices are crashing for mort myre fungus, unf pots, potato cactus, etc that they're really not worth it anymore.

However, if you do manage to get your combat level higher and DG a bit - you can unlock the scroll of cleansing.

If you watch the markets carefully - you can make unf pots for up to and sometimes even more then 1 mil an hour.

This will be EXTREMELY tricky especially since a majority of the time, herb and unf pots will NOT SELL for their GE median prices

capt%20kevin.png