Road to Max Cape

Troll Bomber

After lots of thought, I am looking into trying to get a max cape within the next year. I understand that I've got a lot of playtime left and many levels to obtain, but was wanting to gather some ideas and optimal training methods for different skills, as well as what order to train them (if it even makes a big difference).

Currently I am trying to get all skills to 85+ (preferably in the next month) just to have a good base setup, then I'll be starting any advice from there.

Other info:

I am currently farming torstols (approx. 5-6 runs a day) as well doing MTK for my main source of income.

I have 92 effigies banked from 99 slayer, and plan on opening them all up myself of course. Open to any advice on which would be the better skill to choose during the combos. Chances are I will be using lamps on rc for sure, so I may not be opening many/any stages with that skill.

So, as said before, and tips on an order to level my skills, viable training methods, or any other helpful advice you all may have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into trying to have the cape by May 2012 if at all possible. I don't believe that goal seems to unreasonable, so we'll see.

Thank you all in advance!

Trollbomber.png

This info is taken from one of Thai Tong's posts on the 200m in all skills topic:

V = Value of Time/Hour

Open with:

Firemaking if V > 0

Agility if V > 0

Runecrafting if V > 630k

Fishing if V > 1550k

Woodcutting if V > 1700k

Mining if V > 3300k

Thief if V > 4090k

Hunter if V > 5750k

Personally, I go with the slower skill for every effigy combo because I am already 99 in most of the faster skills, and I prefer training the faster skills.

Note: The values above may have changed a bit because he posted that a couple weeks ago.

Legendknewl.png

With constant herb runs you should easily get the cash for all 99 buyables using efficient methods.

For ranged you should consider cannoning cave crawlers, it would get you another 15-20 effigies.

As for what to use the effigies on, I'd choose agility because I actually enjoyed runecrafting.

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

Why water bstaves? I thought air were more xp, so that's what I've been doing.

I'm not filthy rich, but I would say with torstol runs, zmi, and MTK combined, I average 2-3M profit per day. It's nothing spectacular but it adds up over time.

I considered doing crawlers for range, just wasn't sure on the costs and how consistent effigies were.

Trollbomber.png

I considered doing crawlers for range, just wasn't sure on the costs and how consistent effigies were.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldEhLOK6ejJdEhyZmY0QVRwUFhUV1R6VmdVQTJKS1E#gid=0

Credits to grimy bunyip for the spreadsheets

Water bstaves are -0.88 gp/exp and only -12 exp per staff compared to air. Air are also -5.43 gp/exp

Cave crawlers cost something like 1.2m-1.5m gp p/h but are worth it in the long run. Don't chin your remaining range levels. Use crawlers/cannoning while slaying.

C1Geq.png

I'm not filthy rich, but I would say with torstol runs, zmi, and MTK combined, I average 2-3M profit per day. It's nothing spectacular but it adds up over time.

99 Range would cost you about 30m at cave crawlers maybe a little more because you don't have a steel titan so you would have to stay there longer with an iron titan. You would get about 15-20 more effigies and it would take 15-20 hours.

Legendknewl.png

Air battlestaves are 3.5 gp/exp. I'd continue crafting them unless money is an issue.

Construction is ~3 gp/exp using SC hammers, 6 gp/exp without.

Smithing is 2gp/exp using gold ore, 3gp/exp using addy plates (I believe).

Woodcutting ivy is 70-80k exp/hour, although teaks are faster, but require more input.

If you ever have any desire to upgrade your cannon, you should do it while the ~1.5 million smithing exp is useful. Similarly, I'd advise you go ahead and finish Livid Farm. The exp is very nice and Remote Farming is ~400k extra gold per day.

Don't forget to do your assists daily. The extra 30k exp adds up quickly.

Ruleroflight.png

Air battlestaves are 3.5 gp/exp. I'd continue crafting them unless money is an issue.

Construction is ~3 gp/exp using SC hammers, 6 gp/exp without.

Smithing is 2gp/exp using gold ore, 3gp/exp using addy plates (I believe).

Woodcutting ivy is 70-80k exp/hour, although teaks are faster, but require more input.

If you ever have any desire to upgrade your cannon, you should do it while the ~1.5 million smithing exp is useful. Similarly, I'd advise you go ahead and finish Livid Farm. The exp is very nice and Remote Farming is ~400k extra gold per day.

Don't forget to do your assists daily. The extra 30k exp adds up quickly.

Actually addy plate smithing is up in price to nearly 7 gp/xp which makes it fairly expensive but still worth using the plates.

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

What exactly do you mean about making ~400k/day extra from remote farming? Just being able to tell when a torstol is about to die?

Money isn't too bad of an issue at the moment, so I will probably stick with air bstaves for the time being.

I bought ~37k oak planks already for 85 construction, and am considering doing those until 99 (minus effigies/assists ofc) because they seem fairly cheaper and mahog tables which I did to 74.

I don't have a problem with paying a bit more attention on certain tasks. I am a bit burnt out on granite so I switched over to coal in the lrc until gold. I'm assuming the skill trio after that point would be pretty efficient still?

I've got 85 firemaking banked with 10.5k yews, using the pyrefiend method I found out about a few days ago. Is it really that worth it to get the adze before starting hardcore teaks or does it matter? If so I'll get it.

Trollbomber.png

Go with the adze for 99 woodcutting and firemaking only if you don't want to split arctic pines. If you do teaks, do them with urns and perhaps juju woodcutting and alchs to finish off 99 magic as well. Magic in general can be done very easily while mining/woodcutting/smithing, so that's no worry.

400k/day from remote farming assumes you cast it every 15 minutes or so to check for diseased torstol, which can save you one patch per two farm runs if you keep it up. But I'm not sure if that's worth the time.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah I meant arctic pines instead of teaks sorry. I'll probably just stick with the fm effigy combo after I reach that point and burn yews/mages in between.

Im approx 500k from 98 mage, so I have a feeling I'll end up finishing on magic pretty quickly throughout livid farm (if not completely) and at mining for sure.

Chances are I'll end up doing the rest of Livid Farm but only using remote farming while at ZMI.

EDIT: Also, iirc addy bolts have been nerfed as of recently, so what new "efficient" method are others using? I know quite a few people are still doing broad arrows, but the cost seems a bit high. I'll do them if necessary, just wanted to check first.

Trollbomber.png

Yeah I meant arctic pines instead of teaks sorry. I'll probably just stick with the fm effigy combo after I reach that point and burn yews/mages in between.

Im approx 500k from 98 mage, so I have a feeling I'll end up finishing on magic pretty quickly throughout livid farm (if not completely) and at mining for sure.

Chances are I'll end up doing the rest of Livid Farm but only using remote farming while at ZMI.

EDIT: Also, iirc addy bolts have been nerfed as of recently, so what new "efficient" method are others using? I know quite a few people are still doing broad arrows, but the cost seems a bit high. I'll do them if necessary, just wanted to check first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmht5i2bMII

You could easily get 99 fletching before 99 woodcutting without wasting anytime using this method.

Edit: I wouldn't recommend training woodcutting until you have 92 fm for the adze. I would get 92 fm just from burning logs, then not burn any logs until you open all of your effigies and get 99 woodcutting. 99 wc will get you about 4m fm xp from the adze. If all of your effigies are starved, opening them will give you around 1.035m fm xp. Opening effigies and your adze will get you from lvl 92 fm to about 1.4m xp from 99 fm, the last 1.4m xp should be done by burning logs unless you care about xp past 99, if you do I would just wc the rest of the fm xp.

Legendknewl.png